• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Off The Menu [Aw, ain't you a big tickle?] [T] [OOC]

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Amaryllis is growing weed meanwhile SA was a cult revolving around a lucario demon

Define Cornered in one image:

KeeBJcH.png

pink Mega Garchomp is daddy material

tumblr_mhfa5kjsY61rozknwo1_500.gif

I just think she has a lot to offer in an adversarial position towards like the projected image of the place.

That's exactly why I like having her in the mix, too! It's so easy to imagine her doing something unexpected or unintentionally committing a faux pas that will make monocles fly off their fat cat's face.

How are you guys making those beautiful CSS SUs??

we have no other talents

are you making holly the ivysaur oooo shit look out glowy

Oh, a grass-type? Always have been a favorite o' mine.

Vissi D'Arte

H6Vjj7

my basement is furnished and my room's down there, does this mean you're the monster under my bed

Spoiler:

Changed Prompt a bit. Edited Gender. Added more to Appearance

Then let's take a peek at those sections!

Spoiler:

you son of a bitch i was literally just about to hit post when you gave me more to respond to

Spoiler:
The Cursed Pyukumuku

giphy.gif

I'm very excited to see what you do with your little Pyukumuku, especially with a title like "Cursed."

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
We finally got our Pyukumuku. <3

you stole my css trick you prick

also there's so much space please change it, looks awful, -0.1/10

How are you guys making those beautiful CSS SUs??

guys, wanna see my best CSS? I'll generously let anyone use it for their app!

Spoiler:

A comment though: your descriptions of Disarming Voice and Perish Song sound very ... similar in my head?

Disarming Voice can only affect individuals on a personal level (i.e, evokes bad memories and/or negative emotions) while Perish Song subjects targets to a chaotic musical about my character's angst a la Notre Dame's Hell Fire, where she expresses her desires to fuck gypsies. Perish Song also harms my character, since she's essentially having a dire moment of crisis when using Perish Song.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
(((((shitposts)))))))

App progress: 49%. Not that anyone was begging to see my sign-up in-particular but everyone generally seemed desperate excited for more characters to pop up in the out-of-character thread. So, brief update, and promise to myself: I really want the entire finished product uploaded by Friday, at most.

Brief comments regarding the in-progress characters that have been posted in my stead: Pyukumuku is already a step in the right direction and her being super squishy helps matters even more. "Grass-type" might not seem like much to go on but I feel that type specifically has a lot of overlooked imagination, from Tangrowth to Roserade, and the concept of animate, spore-spitting, vine-whipping foliage is amusing in itself, so I'd intrigued to see what your character turns out to be, Meganium unless it's actually a fucking Meganium, you wouldn't actually do that would you. Also, Ech, yes your app is pretty and the way you expertly weave a description of your character's appearance—an interesting appearance section, only in OTM—and moveset in a manner that greatly distinguishes Vissie D'Arte as her own. Greatly anticipating your finished history, yours and Grelzar's. I still don't get the pun for Bun T's name I am dirty, bias-ridden garbage, I love Rotom unconditionally, I would love to see one come to life in Hell's Kitchen.

GET READY, GLOWY, I'M MAKING A CADBURY TO RIVAL YOUR CADBURY

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
guys, wanna see my best CSS?

why do you insist on sinning in my threads

and in this corner we hav qui qui best girl to fite it out w/ spora's livejournal angst GO GO GO GO

[moves explanation]

Oh, so it's the difference between subtle mindfuckery and horrible, ear-bleeding screams of anguish. I understand now.

(((((shitposts)))))))

you wouldn't be so behind if you didn't randomly change details about your character every eight seconds

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
OH MY GOD DAT CSS. THE I.T. IN ME IS GOING CRAZY AHHHHHH
RIP I'd offer to make you some but I'm going to busy myself with remaking the format I already have

don't tell kiyo

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 28, 2018
Made a few edits to the app:

1. The move Encore now reads:
Sometimes hype is infectious. Can take the form of incessant congratulatory flattery or a more subtle validation in another Pokemon in order to convince the recipient to do a certain task - of her or another's proposal. It can certainly be resisted or ignored, but everyone likes to hear even a little kudos

2. Added this portion to The City Life in the Background (after Queenie the Tsareena introduces herself):
When the Salazzle returned the greet, Queenie remarked on her strange accent. As the two walked out of the alley, Daiquiri took the time to explain where she grew up to a curious Tsareena before the sudden move to this city. Queenie made it a point to take Daiquiri up under her wing as thanks for the help. The two became fast friends as Queenie showed Daiquiri around the districts most evenings and introduced her to the thrill of gatecrashing. Daiquiri began to grow accustomed to the different scenes of the city, as she began to mold a new identity for herself from all these different influences, down to the new nuances in her inflection.

3. Added this portion to The Workforce in the Background:
She finally came across Finer Things, a fine-dining restaurant that was hiring for server position. She took an application home, showed her father when he was available, and said she would apply there as a start. Vortiger recognized the status of the restaurant. After silently recalling some important details, he decided to help her prepare by teaching her a few things about table sets and etiquette - albeit, as he was taught back in his home court. When it was time to show the restaurant's powers that be a demonstration for the position, most of what she was taught translated over - though she did raise a few eyebrows and evoke a few reactions during the performance and interview. Though it appeared she was mixly reviewed when she left, she was called back a week later with the job. Now Daiquiri has only been working there for a week, but she feels that she could make the situation work.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@My Bimonthly Supplements: Encore is much more useful, I love how you integrated your accent business with the introduction of Queenie (very two-birds-one-stone to get the message across and help flesh out the relationship with her friend), and from what we discussed in private and that new section; we're all set on Qui-Qui for me!

@everyBODY: I wanted to test out my Boss Characters a bit before the IC, so enjoy this non-canon one-shot:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Bitch fucking shit, my nigga, we can swear in-char. That's my takeaway from the one-off, lol.

I'm impressed with how on-point Lombardi as the Ramsey stand-in is, though her getting triggered by being called "madame" triggers me. One-word berserk button, one of my least favorite tropes, how could you.

Carmine is literally Castiel. CASTRIEL STRIKE

PJ is cute. You smoke that cig, panda. Guess pandas are canon.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
I'm going to attempt to make my magnificent re-debut into roleplaying again by coming into here. I will post all my updates of my SU in here.
Unfortunately, I don't have time to work on it at this very moment, so a blank SU for now. It will look very pretty and filled out in the future.

SU
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
LISTEN, you gotta understand. Some people just DON'T like being called Madame. Like ME, I'M TOO YOUNG AND HIP FOR THAT SHIT.

I'm swapping Vissi out for Mousier Poulpe. " Va te faire enculer, salope."

Also, AYY IT'S THE GUY WHO PLAYED OUR FAVORITE FLY, BARNICLE. BIBLICLE. BENJAMIN. BOB.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Bitch fucking shit, my nigga, we can swear in-char

We are rated T, you are allotted mildly opprobrious language. Anything like shit or bitch is too excessive.

though her getting triggered by being called "madame" triggers me

I agree: it sits horribly on her. Too "genericbrand" feminine-resenting Tough Gurl(TM) to have any real taste to it, but I will say that line was added very deliberately because I needed to test something that was completely unrelated to this point.

STAY AWAY FROM MY SONIC

Carmine is literally Castiel

lol, I can see the similarities. I will say I see Carmine a lot more neurotic, detail-oriented, and cold than Castiel, who I saw trading in his pompousness for smug self-satisfied pride in contrast to Amaryllis' matronly spectacle and outward selfishness. I think our Trumbeak doesn't view people as lower than him because he believes he is higher than them, but because he believes that everyone fails to meet their own capacity, and that embitters him and engenders distrust. Like, "I'm not a smart man, I just appear that way because most are hopeless to help themselves."

Though I hope to show or develop the nerdier and more fun sides to him as the RP goes on!

PJ is cute

I have such a soft spot for PJ, I can just imagine him so throughly in my head. The way he moves, his inflection, his little habits ... I would make him the main employee manager if I didn't need Carmine's calculating and critical eye, or Lombardi's temper.

I believe you can narratively refer to a Furret as a ferret and a Spinda a panda without it establishing that real-world animals are canon; they do that with PokeDex entries all the time.

my magnificent re-debut into roleplaying

Hey, Barnaby Barbarian Bioshock Dud! I can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

I'm swapping Vissi out for Mousier Poulpe. "Va te faire enculer, salope."

The Octillery's name is actually Jean-Georges, but you'll get to meet him with the other VIP characters.​

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Deleted my earlier placeholder post.

I'm gonna, in millennial speak, take the L here and just not sign up from the get-go. When it comes to my free time, I'd rather dedicate it to silently developing my writing proficiency and voice off to the sidelines and, ultimately, I can't get excited enough about OTM as I could before to spend anymore time mulling over Cadbury. (Just don't take any of this personally, please. I wouldn't have made a deal of saying anything but I thought it'd be impolite to drift away after being so vocal in the workshopping thread.)

Thank you, Kiyo, for working to make this roleplay the best it can be. Can I pull an Ech and stalk the OOC?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Can I pull an Ech and stalk the OOC?

no get out of my store and get out of my country

That's a shame to hear, I really enjoyed your Cadbury and the interesting work environment both his personalities could've brought.

As for the rest of you,

Spoiler:

Just a friendly reminder that you have to submit at least a WIP by Monday, and a solid "finished product" (I will still give critiques and we'll tweak as necessary) by Tuesday.​

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
to spend anymore time mulling over Cadbury.
I don't think you need to mull anything more over about him. His profile works as-is, I'd say. I think you could just join and not worry about anything further, if you want to.

Though, I'm coming at this from the perspective of "Malignant seems to think this 'mulling over' is the main hurdle." If there's more that's telling you you need to pull out, my b. But if I'm right, I hope my advice is valuable and you might reconsider.

His original body descended gently and set itself on the doctor's clean table. Katz picked it up, and placed it safely in a pencil holder.
What do you mean by "original body"? It was my understanding (based on what I've seen animated) that Rotoms in base form have nothing that they leave behind when they zip into machines. Or, was your Rotom possessing some kind of machine from the outset of the scene?

Edit: Ah, later on you mention he goes into a light bulb body. So is that something he'll be possessing regularly instead of a normal form with no "solid" body?

"You are PIKACHU! You are round, short and stocky; but you are very cute and adorable. People like you a lot. You're more interested in mind games."
Gotta love this part. :pink_laugh:

(A pretty Primarina profile)
Love that appearance. I think the Milotic garment is quite fetching. I think your art's great. That photo of her family, it's both tragic and comedy.

I'm baffled how you managed to tilt photos like that in CSS as well as overlay them, super nifty trick.

The spin you've put on this moveset is very clever. I've never seen Growl used like that, and Aria... Ok I don't know anything about Aria but the description sounds like waterbending fused with singing but usually used to form hands, and it's just... nifty~

Great backstory, great newspaper article, which is also a clever way of presenting your story. May I ask, what genre of band are the Indigo Spots? Oh, and is it ok if my character has happened to have read this newspaper? I'm also curious what happened between these two stories: how a smol sea lion went from new arrival to the city, to a star.

Written by Cadbury the Chatot
x60U1vl.gif

Added to Cadbury's the REAL Cadbury's SU on page 2.

Changelog:

(Deleted a paragraph from 𝖛 ∭ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐦𝐚)

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
I'm baffled how you managed to tilt photos like that in CSS as well as overlay them, super nifty trick.

Kiyo-senpai highly disagreed with the titling, 2much blank space, -z/10

Great backstory, great newspaper article, which is also a clever way of presenting your story. May I ask, what genre of band are the Indigo Spots? Oh, and is it ok if my character has happened to have read this newspaper? I'm also curious what happened between these two stories: how a smol sea lion went from new arrival to the city, to a star.

Yes, you can reference the article as anyone else can, since that's the reason why I struggled so hard to write it like one (admittedly, I am no journalist).

Most of the the events between Vissi's childhood and her stardom is will be explained in the prompt, though I am trying very hard to keep a lot of things shady and ambiguous so players can come to their own interpretations without having to strictly resort to a specific portrayal of her that most RPs seem to do a lot with personality and appearances (the IRONY is I deliberately want the in-game characters to have a set perspective on her as a pop star for Vissi's theme).

The genre is most likely doo wop heard in the 50's, though Vissi has an affinity for the blues. She ironically does not sing the piece she was named after, as I decided to keep allusions to human culture to a minimum.

I should finish my prompt today.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
I will try to enlarge my words so hopefully it will be more legible for you.
Writing in size five text, what an absolute madwoman

Some possible music for your character. Don't have to use it or nothin' but it can't hurt to offer. This is just me being a meddler.
Mother, Cobalt Thief, Aqueous Armagourddon, Serenade

Ech said:
I was practically weaponized to be a living proof that anyone can achieve the Big Dream through some menial hard-work. They conveniently ignore the fact that my life solely fed on nepotism structured through convoluted social networks I could never intimately relate to
Hm, interesting. I find it hard to believe her family was in power, given the background (and that her "mother was a feral and she never knew how to be civilized," so... perhaps friends she made in the city that we don't know about gave her jobs in the business? You have me wondering now.

(And it's ok to leave me wondering if you want to, just to be clear)

Ech said:
like other Pocket Monsters
It's weird hearing a Pokemon refer to themselves with this term, when Pokeballs, the very thing that allows them to fit in pockets, are a forgotten relic along with the humans that disappeared.

Not that you can't do it or anything. It just got me thinking how that term would possibly survive the disappearance of, um, pockets.

Also if you desire grammar corrections I got your back. I'm a proofreader by nature, I can barely help myself. :V
Spoiler:

P.S. potential picture of Vissi and her momma dearest that I found on devart today http://mon311.deviantart.com/art/Mermaid-friends-629126113

Last edited:
Back