• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

dental hygiene

Years
how many times a day do you brush your teeth? do you floss? how often do you go to the dentist for checkups and cleanings? discuss!!

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I brush my teeth after every meal which is 3 times a day and I don't go to the dentist.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I try to brush my teeth twice a day everyday... but I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I just get home so late that I go straight to bed and knock out. It's really bad, especially since I was told I had periodontitis.

Kids, take care of your teeth. You will regret not doing so.

TY

once a day cause i never have time for twice and even during times where I just feel dead inside they're not gonna get brushed at all.

Go to the dentist like twice a year though and never had issues.... yet...

Years
I floss and brush once at night. That way I save up all my plaque and get to obliterate it in one good go. Besides, you get to wash away the morning taste of stale saliva with a cup of tea, so that fixes itself.

The brush twice a day thing is just a scam made by the dental industry: they want you to wear out your toothbrushes and toothpaste faster. You gotta hand it to them - they're wily. But I've gotten wise to their wily ways.

Fuck I miss my metal teeth. I used to feel like Jaws and my grins used to be fucking spectacular. Nowadays my grin is rubbish.

Years
Once a day with heavy duty toothpaste you can only get at a chemist, plus mouthwash and the occasional floss. It used to be twice a day but I don't eat that much to really need it and a combination of poor genetics and medication has left my mouth absolutely destroyed anyway so why bother?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Not brushing in the morning is so gross haha, I can't stand it, so I always brush with toothpaste in the morning, then without toothpaste at night. (If you've been eating certain foods toothpaste can actually damage your teeth.) I will NOT go to bed without brushing!

I also soften my toothbrush and floss every day. Go to the dentist once a year.

My dentist says I have good teeth in spite of the sugar I consume, although apparently I have the habit of bruxing in my sleep, which is scary because if it gets worse I will need some kind of mouth piece. :x

plus mouthwash and the occasional floss.

I wouldn't use mouthwash, many say it's linked to oral cancer. :(

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
Everything is linked to some form of cancer.

Certain things more than others, and they shouldn't be discarded. But yes, everything has some form of risk, even if the chances are remote.

Still, if risk factors can be avoided, they ought to be (especially if you're paranoid about not living to a ripe old age like I am. :p). Although I understand if you find mouthwash a gentler alternative to brushing/flossing. That's fair enough.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't know how I have five-star celebrity teeth and I don't floss often. lmao. Never had a single cavity.

Flossing kinda tears up my gums.

Hyzenthlay

Years
I don't know how I have five-star celebrity teeth and I don't floss often. lmao. Never had a single cavity.

Flossing kinda tears up my gums.

Genetics play a big role but wow, lucky you haha! I always admire beautiful white teeth! But at the same time it doesn't really matter to me, teeth add to one's character and I don't mind how many someone has or what colour they are. Like, I think buck teeth are adorable!

Given the state of my health I wouldn't say living to a ripe old age is much of a concern :')

Come now, I wouldn't say that. Where there's life there's hope.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I brush my teeth twice a day and rarely floss. For some reason, I've never had any cavities.

Last edited:
Years
Once a day with brushing and flossing. Mouthwash is a sometimes thing. I think I used it more when I was still having problems with my teeth (unrelated to hygiene) in the hopes that it would help somewhat. Of course it didn't, but I could hope.

I go every six months for cleanings, but because I've been lazy at times I still have problems with cavities (though I think I'm finally ahead of that now, thank goodness), so sometimes I'll have to go in an extra time or two. And then because of a thing that happened back in July I've already seen the dentist way too many times this year, hah.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I brush In the morning

A second time if I'm going out in the mid-afternoon or evening.

Then before I go to bed, if I don't fall asleep first.

Last edited:
Years
I can't see the dentist because I can't afford it
So my teeth are suffering despite my best efforts

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'd knock all of my chewers out for rad dentures tbh

Back