• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Super Luigi 64 (SM64 Hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
superluigi.gif

f3w2hg.png

HACK OF:
mario64.gif

PLATFORM: N64 (Nintendo 64)
Nintendo64.jpg

GENRE: Adventure
AUTHOR: zeikku SSJ7

luigi.gif
story.gif

I began doing this hack 2 days ago, and thought showcasing would be a good idea to find out what people would like to see. I agree that changing the story line is pretty much impossible, but with the added difficulty I'm adding in this game, I believe the hack will lead gamers in new directions. But anyways the story is pretty much the same but with unexpected twist and turns. Levels are going to be re-done to add a new feel to the game, along with the new graphics I am making:D

To anyone.. who thinks I may have stolen this...well I havent its just a fairly easy hack to do...and 3 other people are doing it, I would even say its easier than pokemon rom hacking.

I, unlike others, will make this game a great and challenging as can be =D

luigi.gif
FEATURES.gif

Playing as Luigi
More Enemys
Longer Levels
Better Story
New Music (hopefully)
New Characters (hopefully)

luigi.gif
SOFAR.gif

*HUD is changed
*Mario is now Luigi =]
*He is slightly bigger (not taller, just proportionally bigger width and length wise)

luigi.gif
screens.gif

superluigi64newgraphics.jpg

samtiles.jpg

luigi.gif
media.gif

Videos
A day's work...I did all this in a day..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAh8YW4UFFc
Luigi Sprite Test
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiQqA8839ek

luigi.gif
SUPPORT BANNERS

xfdjtd.png

HTML:
[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/xfdjtd.png[/IMG]
supermariotk0.gif

HTML:
[IMG]http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3915/supermariotk0.gif[/IMG]

luigi.gif
CREDITS.gif

Me (Mystic zeikku! or Zeikku SSJ7) - Recolors, Custom Luigi, Text and Graphics
Unashamed Vandal - Graphics
Yep123 - forum banners
Hideki - Graphics and support banners
Virtual Chatot - Support banners and beta tester
linkinkid - Beta tester

If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
looks cool,when are we going to be able to download a beta?

You are: 1.) annoying
2.) breaking Hack Showcase's rules.

Anyway, nice to see a non-Pokémon hack here. Don't let it die dude, it seems nice to me from the screenies. Maybe a bit of polishing should be applied to Luigi, but the game looks overall appealing. What have you done so far? I support you dude, it's pretty hard to make hacks popular since ShinyGold came to the hacking scene...

Cheers!

EDIT: Are you able to take PNG screenshots? Cause JPG lowers quality. It can be easily seen on those screenies.

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012

Anyway, nice to see a non-Pokémon hack here. Don't let it die dude, it seems nice to me from the screenies. Maybe a bit of polishing should be applied to Luigi, but the game looks overall appealing. What have you done so far? I support you dude, it's pretty hard to make hacks popular since ShinyGold came to the hacking scene...

Cheers!

EDIT: Are you able to take PNG screenshots? Cause JPG lowers quality. It can be easily seen on those screenies.

dude i just asked a question, how does that makes me annoying/break the forums rules?
anyways it looks awesome hope you continue the project :).....wait just readed the rules.....sorry

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
Super Luigi 64? Cool. You ever seen any high rez texture packs as they are called? I have not seen much actual level editing on the 64. What tools are you using? I am assuming you are using project 64. What video plugin are you using?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
looks cool,when are we going to be able to download a beta?

When this uses a different patch format called PPF (playstation patch format)
and I'm having problems creating one, but the beta is a while away, as I still have lots to do:D

Looks good, Zeikku!
And I can see the screenshots just fine.

Good luck, man.

thanks dude it means a lot :)

Cheers!

I suppose i could do them in PNG from now on, but so far I've re-sized luigi, changed the M on his hat to an L, made new graphics, inserted them. and yeah I wanted to make something unique so people don't just come here just for pokemon rom hacks :D

Super Luigi 64? Cool. You ever seen any high rez texture packs as they are called? I have not seen much actual level editing on the 64. What tools are you using? I am assuming you are using project 64. What video plugin are you using?

yeah I'm using project 64, and I'm not sure what video plugin, probally ones already built into my PC that project64 reconises. Tools I am using are things like

Toad's Tool - A level and pallette/ graphics editor
Text Wrangler - A text editor
Mario 64 ROM extender - ROM decriptor
Paint - for graphics
Adobe Photoshop - for graphics
Hex Workshop - for minor changes in enemy behavior

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
i've noticed that there were 121 stars in some of the screen shots,did you added some new levels?

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
i've noticed that there were 121 stars in some of the screen shots,did you added some new levels?

nope I just had more stars added in new areas..not just levels.. I haven't exactly started adding levels yet, I need to figure out something In the Warp into a level. I also need to Check how much space is left before I decide to Dramatically add levels XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
will this hack work fine on daedalus(n64 emulator for psp)?because mario64 works almost perfect.and by the way i applaud you for being so original and not making a pokemon related hack :)

Last edited:

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
I'm not sure, I extended the Rom before I hacked it, so chances are it'll work...just with errors...I think when a beta's out I'll make two patches, one for project64 and one for daedalus PSP, I need to contact StrmnNrmn(creator of daedalus) soon as I am helping him code a new base for the next emulator, so I'll Talk about compatibility with this hack with him too

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2012
I'm not sure, I extended the Rom before I hacked it, so chances are it'll work...just with errors...I think when a beta's out I'll make two patches, one for project64 and one for daedalus PSP, I need to contact StrmnNrmn(creator of daedalus) soon as I am helping him code a new base for the next emulator, so I'll Talk about compatibility with this hack with him too

that sounds great!!! thanks for considering me,and a lot of other psp users.just to let you know that i'll be supporting your hack til the end.

btw of course i know who StrmnNrmn is, i love daedalus...i think is really cool of you to help him with the coding.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Its about time Luigi gets the respect he deserves.
He only has ONE game(luigi's mansion)but in super mario 64 and 64 ds he has the most power ups.
Walk on water(yes he is jesus)
Flutter jump
Fastest swimmer
flying back flip
best jumper
And possibly more

But you made a few errors on your stuff.
One one of the pics its luigi but the no. of lives has a mario head on it.
You spelled features wrong.
And is super mario 2 on the same system?
Sorry if i'm spamming.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Awesome idea. Though I was mostly a PS user back in the heyday of SM64, I've gotten into Super Mario Galaxy on Wii and am slowly working my way back into Sunshine and 64.

I'm very excited for this one. I'd offer my help, but I'm a bit of a Dubya when it comes to hacking. I could maybe help with Photoshop stuff.

Anyway, yeah, awesome stuff. Looks great.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
Its dry bones.
And if you can make new characters available i think you should be able to play as birdo or a red shelled koopa.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
Its about time Luigi gets the respect he deserves.
He only has ONE game(luigi's mansion)but in super mario 64 and 64 ds he has the most power ups.
Walk on water(yes he is jesus)
Flutter jump
Fastest swimmer
flying back flip
best jumper
And possibly more

But you made a few errors on your stuff.
One one of the pics its luigi but the no. of lives has a mario head on it.
You spelled features wrong.
And is super mario 2 on the same system?
Sorry if i'm spamming.

Yeah, Luigi is the man, I got mored of Mario being in the spotlight :D

1) yeah I still need to change the life logo, I currently can't find it..in Toad's tool, I gotta try TLP

2) Features wouldn't fit on the button so I shortened the word :D

3) By mario..u mean world 2? that's on the snes

Awesome idea. Though I was mostly a PS user back in the heyday of SM64, I've gotten into Super Mario Galaxy on Wii and am slowly working my way back into Sunshine and 64.

I'm very excited for this one. I'd offer my help, but I'm a bit of a Dubya when it comes to hacking. I could maybe help with Photoshop stuff.

Anyway, yeah, awesome stuff. Looks great.

yeah, if ya can photoshop that'll be kool, I don't need a Graphics guy atm, but I will do soon

wow this looks amazing

would be cool to see other charchaters from the nintendo family, like wario, daisy, skull bones and others

I don't have enough space and ASM would be needed to add some sort of character select screen..I've seen it done..
I could potentially make more versions of this game, in Wario, Yoshie etc.:)

Its dry bones.
And if you can make new characters available i think you should be able to play as birdo or a red shelled koopa.

again I will need to look into that, I only have a certain amount of space :D

cool hack, dude. i like the idea of luigi instead of mario. i didnt even know you could hack 64!

well, anything is possible if you put your heart and mind into it :D

BTW - I added 2 new video's in the media section of my first post :D

Last edited:

LastHand

Rockets Revenge Fanclub Member
Years
To fix the mario head tell it to dump the graphics.... take the head graphics and change it in paint or photoshop then put the graphic in the folder plugin/highrez_texture/{game}/ tell it to override default graphics. I would love to stay and chat but I have to goto church. I'll be back later and I'll help you more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back