• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Beginner's guide to inserting d/p sprites into a gba rom(No need to outline)

Years
Ok, what happens with me, I'm following every step, but it doesn't work correctly, in the game, the pokemon looks really messed up. This should work for custom pokemon, right? I used d/p sprites for the customs. Does the original size of it matter, because mine are a little big. And in step 7, nothing like that comes up. And in the game theres alot of it missing, but in unLZ, it shows the pokemon I tried overwriting but with the background color of my custom and all weird colors.

Last edited:

• Angie •

I am Angie hear me r0ar~..xD
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2009
w0w it helped me in my hack im w0rking 0n~
thanks~

- a n g i e : D

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
hey

haven't been online in a long time...glad to help everyone and it should wrork fine if u followed all the steps. also the backsprites need to have the same pallete as the front sprite or they will come messed up

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2009
I followed all the steps here but i cant get it to work. I either get one of two results.

1) When I try to write it to the rom it just doesnt come up with the compression error

2) I do everything posted above but when i try it in the game the image is screwed

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
i followed your steps completely , but this is what happened, tell me what happend?

pic after doing steps
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/lriley777/skyroneen-copy.jpg

the game =[
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m17/lriley777/messup.png

what do i do?
i tried to switch it with yanma

did u check the abort if the imgae is larger?

I followed all the steps here but i cant get it to work. I either get one of two results.

1) When I try to write it to the rom it just doesnt come up with the compression error

2) I do everything posted above but when i try it in the game the image is screwed

same for u too

Khan6195

Michael Jackson Died. Parté!
Years
You use the Pokemon Editor Pro, google it. You will find it, I did. Hope I helped!

Nice and amazing tutorial! I might use! Thanks!

Last edited:

timeshero2

EkdIkOs
Years
So how would I go about changing the actual characters themselves? When I change the sprites in Advance-Map, I can't find how to import my own sprite.

jonnO'brien

wont be back.
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2009
You must redirect it to an Offset or it won't look normal...You can Find offset through Hexing too...Though I'd recommend Using FSF...I'd show you but I havent Inserted Backsprites yet...

EDIT-Heres are some Examples of a perfect Backsprites...
Pokemon-FireRed_03.png

Pokemon-FireRed_02.png

Pokemon-FireRed_01.png

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well, I'm jealous. :p
I'm still confused on how to use FSF and Pokepic.
Unlz still wont work for me.. When I look through the pokemon pictures all of a sudden the buttons dissapear. I can't really explain it.

Awesome

has divided by zero.
Years
This is pretty much the same as destinedjagold's tutorial on inserting sprites.

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2019
So how would I go about changing the actual characters themselves? When I change the sprites in Advance-Map, I can't find how to import my own sprite.

do u mean the overworld sprites?
you need to use the overworld editor for that.
if u mean the trainer sprites then u can use this way to replace the trainers

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2011
It worked but its looks like this in game:

http: // img44 . imageshack . us /img44/2254/pokemonglitch.png

any way to fix this?
sorry for the link being broken I cant post links.

Saxisai

Unbeatable 3's-Unstopable Trio
Years
thanks bro, ive been searching for a tutorial like this, every time i inserted a sprite, it messed up my game, so thanks alot :D

lriley777

Pokemon hacker lv.100
Years
yes, i followed the steps completely as they were told, i then tried it again on another fresh rom because i thought it was only the rom. but it still messed up in the game when the gbaunzl looks fine

Mist

Platinum Trainer
Years
If it never aborts, then do I need to still use Free Space Finder? If I do, what numbers do I put in where?

Back