• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Kicking it Old School Style

Detox

I made a Gen V team. Nothing more that that tbh.

Spr_2c_034.gif

Nidoking (M) @ Leftovers
- Lovely Kiss
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
---
Nidoking is my favorite lead of Gen II. It makes full use of the ever broken lovely kiss by putting slower leads such as Snorlax to sleep. Fire Blast is for Skarmory and Exeggutor, Thunderbolt handles Cloyster and Suicune Switch ins. Earthquake is obligatory STAB.

Spr_2c_091.gif

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Toxic
---
Cloyster is here to handle the likes of Suicune and other water types. It also provides spikes which are always good to have. Toxic is there to stop certain pokemon to setup (sorta I guess). Surf hits junk like Rhydon and Tyranitar although the latter I am weary of keeping it in on as Surf probably wont KO, so in this case I just switch to Tyranitar. It also semi checks Marowak as I know it wont switch in, or if it does I take the hit and kill it the next turn.

Spr_2c_229.gif

Houndoom (M) @ Leftovers
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Counter
---
Hello Exeggutor, I am here to destroy you. Which is what it does, I needed something to handle the likes of Steelix and that annoying pineapple tree crap so I threw in this guy. He also beats Gengar as it cant touch it at all and Crunch and Pursuit do loads to it, same thing applies to Alakazam. Counter is really only here because I have no idea of what I can replace it with, as it has been useful only once.

Spr_2c_068.gif

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
---
Sup I like to beat stuff. Machamp is a fun Snorlax check, though I have to be cautious of the ever so common Lovely Kiss. It also is a decent switch in to Cloyster as a surf wont 2HKO (IIRC at least) and Cross Chop does a great deal of damage.Earthquake hits the likes of Gengar and Raikou, though reflect variants of Raikou are bothersome. Hp Bug mauls any Exeggutor trying to switch in, and Rock Slide hits flying types like Skarmory, however I have been considering running Fire Blast. Opinions here are needed.

Spr_2c_243.gif

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Thunderbolt
- Crunch
- Roar
- Reflect
---
Is here because Closter is a ****, Suicune is a Loser, and reflecting on the likes of Curse Miltanks and laughing as +2 Body Slams do little to nothing. Roar lets it PHaze said pokemon, such as Miltank, out if they decide to try and stat up. Crunch is for IDK Gengar and Alakazam (Though I'm willing to bet Thunderbolt does more).

Exeggutor (M) @ Leftovers
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Stun Spore
- Sleep Powder
---
My Machamp / Suicune / Raikou /Jolteon / etc. check. Double powder is so effective that half of the time I just send this fella out and paralyze the crap out of their team. Psychic handles Machamp, though if it wins the speed tie HP Bug massacres me. Explosion is when I just dont need it anymore and I feel like taking something out.

Well here it is, gg.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I made a Gen V team. Nothing more that that tbh.

Spr_2c_034.gif

Nidoking (M) @ Leftovers
- Lovely Kiss
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
---
Fine. I like Thunder as it actually does more than 2 to things which are weak to it. Paralysis is fun too for Machamp.

Spr_2c_091.gif

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
- Spikes
- Explosion
- Surf
- Ice Beam
---

Toxic sucks on this. Its main switch ins have Rest so its worthless. Use Explosion and Ice Beam. Explosion (illegal with Spin sadly) lures in and crushes stuff like Starmie which help clear the path for Machamp.

Spr_2c_229.gif

Houndoom (M) @ Leftovers
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Counter
---

Steelix over this. You are still Snorlax weak. Steelix can switch into Snorlax Belly Drum, Curse and take <60% from EQ. Its a good Snorlax counter and again lures in counters to Machamp and promotes a sweep.

Steelix (M) @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Explosion / Body Slam

Body Slam messes up more than you think or you can just blow up in a pinch against crap like Snorlax/BP Chains etc. +3 Explosion OHKO's Skarmory and you can Roar it before it Roars you.

Spr_2c_068.gif

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide
- Curse / Fire Blast

No Curse or Fire Blast = Suck.
---

k

Spr_2c_243.gif

Raikou @ Leftovers
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Water]

- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Need a Rest Talker desperately, nothing can take sleep from the likes of Gengar, Eggy or anything etc. Zapdos works in this slot too. Hidden Power was recently unbanned on legends so abuse it lol. Also Thunder is better IMO, at 60% Snorlax can no longer switch into you with Spikes up and as said the paralysis helps alot. This also lets you actually beat Zapdos.
---

Exeggutor (M) @ Leftovers
- Psychic
- Explosion
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
---

Don't use 2 Sleep moves on the same team lol.

Comments in bold. Good luck.

As Houndoom is no longer here you may be slightly Eggy weak, MixTar with Crunch > Nido helps with this but thats up to you. If you do do that, run Sleep Powder over Stun Spore on your eggy.

Last edited:
Back