• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Art Online (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Doing a lot in a post is defintely ok since we're still only in the initial areas xD Soon, Falkner's time will be over! Uh, and again. And again. 10 times :>

After the first player has defeated Falkner, a movement will rise up with more players training in the Academy and Sprout Tower. This will lead to the general levels of pokémon increasing into ones that will let even relatively unskilled players beat Falkner's pokémon with their higher leveled pokémon. Basically, the whole community of players stuck in Johto just need the extra motivation from one single player defeating Falkner, to continue with their training in a more serious way.

This also means, after the first player has defeated Falkner, the next areas will open up...

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Well having become addicted to Soul Eater I now am going to throw at least six references into my next post which if I'm still alive tomarrow will be then. (just got back to school and already want to leave).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I've been away and busy and I'm still going to be busy with studies and other things at university and real life for some more weeks ;; Sorry for that. I'll make a bigger effort to come online on PC despite all this!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hey, I did make an effort. So, what's keeping you guys? :D

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Real life and a bad computer. xD I'm trying to catch up on everything today so... I will try to have a post up soon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'll have a new post up tonight or tomorrow! I promise (especially since the event you gave me should make for an interesting post!)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I MADE A POST RETRO BUG IS DEFINITELY NOT GETTING THAT EGG I'M GOING TO MAKE SURE OF IT.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Can new poeple still join?
Yeah, I guess! If you make a really good Sign-Up. Since you seem to be completely new, I don't know anything about your writing/RPing skills so you'll have to show me through the SU ;)

And, well, um. I got an urge to join with a main character of my own again. To try and relive some of the great feels from an older RP of mine, I hereby reintroduce the avatar called VIKING. With a completely different personality though. We already have a few shady/mean figures in this RP ;)

Real Age: 18
Real Gender: Male

Personality: Victor is a nerd in many areas. Complete with the lanky, somewhat crouched shape and the glasses and careless haircut, he is your stereotype geek. Socially, he tries to be friendly and optimistic but ends up being a bit awkward, like blurting out things that don't really fit into the conversation or laughing at the wrong moments. Good sides to him are probably that he is very good with language and writing and loves to read and create stories. Roleplaying games are his favorite thing in the world. He can be a walking encyclopedia on irrelevant information, often regarding science, games or movies. He used to do really well in school but as he entered his last years in high school he became bored with the subjects and began concentrating on gaming and writing more, which of course made his grades fall a bit and his parents sad. Victor can't sing properly to save his life, but he loves to listen to music and he adores anyone who can sing well. He simply has really bad control over his voice. He has a network of friends online who he talks to daily rather than close real life friends. Fun detail is that whenever he is around girls, he becomes really awkward. Even more so than usual, that is.

History: Victor grew up in northern Sweden, where the sun never goes up during winters and never sets in the summertime. His town was a small one were everybody knew each other and where not much happened. The mother worked at the town's library and the father was an author, but in order to earn enough for a living, he also had to be a part time hunter and lumberjack. Victor got his own computer at an early age and has spent much time of his life in front of a screen. Much like his father and mother though, he enjoys writing and roleplaying more than action. And even though his parents had struggled to afford a computer for Victor early on, they hardly had enough money to buy lots of games for him to play. Thus, he learned to come up with stories on his own. Several of his online friends also bought MAO when it came out, and they planned on meeting up inside the game. Victor didn't have to think for long before he knew what kind of avatar he would like. Someone who was strong and cool and odd in a good way! At least those were his hopes.

Avatar Appearance: Starting from the top, Viking's long hair is snow white. It's kept in dreadlocks. Most of them are held back by a big, loose knot, but many stick out in front of and behind his ears, while some stick out from the knot. Over his forehead and under his hair knot, he also wears a dark green headband with a pin in the shape of a golden star on its side. His skin is an olive tanned color which looks a bit strange together with his pale hair and a pair of icy blue irises. His lips are thin but his mouth can become very wide when he smiles or is angry. Not a single freckle dot his smooth complexion. Two silvery dots in every ear, which means four piercings in total.

For clothing, Viking wears an icy blue canvas vest, decorated with small brown feathers on both of its chest pockets and brown animal fur on the shoulders. A long sleeved, white t-shirt can be seen underneath and his dark gray trousers are big and fluffy at the top with a lot of pockets, but narrow down and become slim around his ankles. He wears a black leather belt with specially constructed magnets on them for carrying up to 6 pokéballs at a time. When the belt senses a hand grabbing a pokéball, it will de-attach the ball until a ball is placed there again. Black boots are his footwear. The backpack that he receives in the beginning is a dark brown, leathery one which is also decorated with a few feathers, and on his hands he wears dark gray skin gloves.

Starter Pokémon: Charmander, female

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013

Real Age: 15

Real Gender: male

Personality: James is a kind, fun, friendly person, yet has away beenrather mature. He has a very social nature, with many friends and acquaintance.He was on good terms with almost everyone he knew. But despite this James didnot always let his true intention be known, for he was very self-consciousnessInformation about himself that could harm his image was always avoided. Hetrusts most people unless they have done something to change his mind. Jamescan hold a grudge for a long time which sometimes hurts him. He is smart butprocrastinates a lot. The procrastination was due to it seeming that everythinghad been done before. It also made him long for an adventure. He tends to playit safe and would investigate everything to make sure that he would not miss ahidden treasure. James interests lie in science, fiction, and videogames. Thevideogames he played where manly turn-base and strategy. He had slow reactiontime and likes to think thing through first. He had a strange taste in musicthat covers a large range of genre. WhenJames was a he would mutter to himself.

History: James was born in California USA, but moved formost of his childhood through the West Coast. At seven years old his familymoved for the last time to Oakland which is right next to San Francisco. He wasthe youngest of three children. James's father worked in retail, which is wherehe learned his people skills. The family was avid hikers. James has playedPokémon since he was just a little boy. His first Pokémon game was Blue but hedid not get good at it until ruby. He continually played Pokémon for hischildhood, but stop watching it around diamond and pearl. One of his mostlyplayed Pokémon games was Pokémon: Gale of Darkness which is where his avatarsname originates. He did well in his academic getting B in his few honorsclasses. He was able to persuade his parent to buy him the game as an advancebirthday present. Extremely excited He set up his account and logged on thefirst day it was opened.

Avatar Appearance: James chose the preset appearance of Steven Body type. He edited theheight to 5.5 inches and weight to 110 pounds. He turned the hair color to a andhis eyes to dark brown.

Starter Pokémon:
  • Makuhita
  • Lv 8
  • gender- male
  • ability- Thick Fat
  • move set Tackle/ Focus Energy/ Sand Attack/ Arm Thrust
Roleplay Sample: (I really don't have one, I RPed on the Pokémon websitebefore. I have just found this site and am hoping I can join here is an exampleof how I would post)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started off like any other day; James got up late, almost left some homework, and wentto school. There was little talk about the new online game MAO, but James was thrilled about it. Each class seemed grew longer and longer as it got closer to the end of school. When he got home, James went to his room. "I do have a lot of homework but I'll do that later, I won't play to long." He muttered to himself.

"Link start!" He yelled as he enters the game. He panted as it was the first time he used a nerve gear. When he opened his eyes he was speechless. The wind gentle caressed his face. The grass at his feet was green and fresh. As He walked around the town everything seemed real. the wood the trees and all the other people gave the town life. James smiled and made small talk to the NPC. He pinched himself to make sure he was notdreaming."Ow," James proclaimed. He thought it strange that one would feel pain in a video game, Pokémon none the less. The thought quickly left his mind just by the pure awe from the town.

After a while, he got tired of running around town, so James went to Professor Elm's laboratory. Strangely instead of getting one on the three starter Pokémon he was given a Makuhita. James was puzzled by this until he came to the conclusion that it would be weird if everyone had one of three Pokémon in there team. He nick named the Makuhita Jitsu because of the Jujitsu classes he had taken in the past. After deciding that it was time to go do homework, James opened menu forthe first time. He tried navigating it but he could not find the log out button. He walked outside of the laboratory not worrying about anything.

James walked over to a circle of people. "Hey," he said to the strangers. The strangers turned around some of them had serious faces while other looked like they were about to cry. James smile disappeared from his face. Hesitantly He asked "Do you know how to log out?" He already knew the answer by their faces.

One walk toward him and bluntly said, "There is no log out for this game."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I notice quite a few spelling and grammar errors in your text, and the roleplay sample is not very detailed. If you look at my SU in the post above yours, that's more like what I want to see. And that's a pretty simple SU of mine actually.

If you think you can make a longer SU and be more careful with spelling and grammar, feel free to try again :) Otherwise, there are other RPs I can direct you to where there are more active players that can help a newcomer warm up to the Roleplay Corner!

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Aaah! Viking! I remember him from VR!! Hahaha, he brings back memories of him basically pulling Azure around because she thought he was an NPC. Kind of like Birdie and Fara now, but Azure was way more of an ass. d:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Or dear lord what if Lux meets Viking ;__;
Make it happen!!

Aaah! Viking! I remember him from VR!! Hahaha, he brings back memories of him basically pulling Azure around because she thought he was an NPC. Kind of like Birdie and Fara now, but Azure was way more of an ass. d:
Haha, Fara isn't very innocent either...
hang on. Did you just type ass without getting it censored? Mod powers?

I am working on a post, I swear I am!~~!
Nice one! The trainer you're following into Dark Cave, is that Fel? Because I think Lux (and Krissu lol but she's a NPC now) are there too.

Of course any trainer can reach route 45/46 now. Fel just happened to be the first one to really find it. In case he chooses to go out into the light xD Maybe he had another adventure planned in the darkness. In that case, any other RPer is allowed to make their player reach route 45/46 first ^^ It's not like there's an achievement or anything...

Hmm, achievements would maybe be a fun thing to have?

Btw, the next available profession is Angler and it'll be learned on the route south of Violet City. On the bridge with all the fisherman, if you remember Johto from the games :> Without the Angler skill, you won't be able to capture many cool water types. Maybe Anglers can capture advanced water types and trade them to others?

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
I improved my sign up and corrected spelling errors

Real Age: 15

Real Gender: male

Personality: James is a kind, fun, friendly person, yet has away beenrather mature. He has a very social nature, with many friends and acquaintance.He was on good terms with almost everyone he knew. But despite this James didnot always let his true intention be known, for he was very self-consciousness.Information about himself that could harm his image was always avoided. Hetrusts most people unless they have done something to change his mind. Jamescan hold a grudge for a long time which sometimes hurts him. He is smart butprocrastinates a lot. The procrastination was due to it seeming that everythinghad been done before. It also made him long for an adventure. He tends to playit safe and would investigate everything to make sure that he would not missany hidden treasure. James interests lie in science, fiction, and videogames.The videogames he played where manly turn-base and strategy. He had slowreactiontime and likes to think thing through first. He had a strange taste inmusic that covers a large range of genre. When James was a he would mutter tohimself.

History: James was born in California USA, but moved formost of hischildhood through the West Coast. At seven years old, his family moved for thelast time to Oakland which is right next to San Francisco. He wasthe youngestof three children. James's father worked in retail, which is where he learnedhis people skills. The family was avid hikers. James has playedPokémon since hewas just a little boy. His first Pokémon game was Blue but he did not get goodat it until ruby. He continually played Pokémon for his childhood, but stopwatching it around diamond and pearl. One of his mostly played Pokémon gameswas Pokémon: Gale of Darkness which is where his avatar's name originates. Hedid well in his academic getting B in his few honors classes. He was able topersuade his parent to buy him the game as an advance birthday present.Extremely excited He set up his account and logged on thefirst day it wasopened.

Avatar Appearance: Avatar Appearance: Gale was designed to be the perfect James, or at least in appearance. Gale stood at five feet six inches, four more inches than James's actual height. His weight was one hundred and twenty pounds which was more than James weight. The eye color was a light brown with a green tint. Like his hair, Gale's hair was also a light brown. Because they did not have James's natural hair style, Gale had a short, professional hair style.

For clothing he had chosen black jean, and a dark blue button up shirt. In contrast his shoes where a bright neon green. the only reason for that decision was the fact that they where runing shoes. He hoped that if he pressed the B button he could run faster. James also equipped Gale with a one strap backpack so he would not ruin the emersion.His backpack was a bright red, with small silver feathers for zippers. It had two large pocket and a small side pocket.
Starter Pokémon:

• Makuhita
  • Lv 8
  • gender- male
  • ability- Thick Fat
  • move set Tackle/ Focus Energy/ Sand Attack/ Arm Thrust
Roleplay Sample: (I really don't have one, I RPed on the Pokémonwebsitebefore. I have just found this site and am hoping I can join here is anexampleof how I would post)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started off like any other day; James got up late, almost left some homework, and wentto school. There was little talk about the new online game MAO, but James was thrilled about it. Each class seemed grew longer and longer as it got closer to the end of school. When he got home, James went to his room. "I do have a lot of homework but I'll do that later, I won't play to long." He muttered to himself.

"Link start!" He yelled as he enters the game. He panted as it was the first time he used a nerve gear. When he opened his eyes he was speechless. The wind gentle caressed his face. The grass at his feet was green and fresh. As He walked around the town everything seemed real. the wood the trees and all the other people gave the town life. James smiled and made small talk to the NPC. He pinched himself to make sure he was notdreaming."Ow," James proclaimed. He thought it strange that one would feel pain in a video game, Pokémon none the less. The thought quickly left his mind just by the pure awe from the town.

After a while, he got tired of running around town, so James went to Professor Elm's laboratory. Strangely instead of getting one on the three starter Pokémon he was given a Makuhita. James was puzzled by this until he came to the conclusion that it would be weird if everyone had one of three Pokémon in there team. He nick named the Makuhita Jitsu because of the Jujitsu classes he had taken in the past. After deciding that it was time to go do homework, James opened menu forthe first time. He tried navigating it but he could not find the log out button. He walked outside of the laboratory not worrying about anything.

James walked over to a circle of people. "Hey," he said to the strangers. The strangers turned around some of them had serious faces while other looked like they were about to cry. James smile disappeared from his face. Hesitantly He asked "Do you know how to log out?" He already knew the answer by their faces.

One walk toward him and bluntly said, "There is no log out for this game."

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Red, Falkner has yet to be defeated, correct? And are you also able to double back through the cave once you get to Route 45/46?

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Of course, it's up to Red for how closely this follows the game structure and environment and mapping and physics and what not. Who says that if there's a large rock in the way, couldn't one just climb over it?

Back