• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Did You Ever Get Emotional in Mystery Dungeon?

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I tested up a tiny bit at the ending of Red Rescue Team. I was 12 years old.

Explorers of Time made me cry full on at age 18.

Never cried at any other game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I'm not ashamed to admit that I've cried at some point in all the MD games I've played! :P The Mystery Dungeon games are probably my favourite games in the franchise and the emotions that they evoke probably has something to do with that.

TrinityLovesPokemon

TrinityLovesPokemon
Years
In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky I cried. At the end when your character and your partner are being separated, I cried so hard. I was at my friends house when this happened, and she was all like "What's wrong with you?" Omg I cried for like five minutes. Isn't it weird how connected us trainers can get to our Pokémon? Just imagine what it would be like irl. But yes, I've cried multiple times from the Mystery Dungeon games.

Years
Whilst I never physically cried I remember going through parts of just feeling really sad. I played Pokemon Blue Mystery Dungeon twice and there were parts during which I felt really inspired to fix the wrongs that had occurred in the storyline.

One of those times, my family and I were going somewhere and I couldn't keep playing past one particularly sad part and the whole time until I got my DS back, I was just in semi-awe and silence wondering how the world could be so messed up...

hahaha pokemon LIFE!

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
Years
Oh geez...I really got emotional, especially when the main character had to leave in Blue/Red Mystery Dungeon. I physically cried. It was...so sad. I'm serious. It was so hard for me to keep quiet while watching (I already finished the game and watched this on Youtube) because my family was around.

I don't know. I must be sensitive or something. XD

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
Oh my goodness I thought I was weird when I cried in a game! Gates to Infinity was a total tearfest for me! Gurdurr's evil path, Keledo's letter to Virizion, and most of all, the partner going to the Worldcore so you could come back. D'X Thank you Pikachu, I missed you too!

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
I always cry at the end... did on my first playthrough of Red Rescue Team and still did on my latest of Explorers of Sky. I haven't played Gates to Infinity but I'd hazard a guess that it'd be the same case, there.

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Them feels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;_;
I cried in every ending that I played through.
(Sniffle)

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I actually almost cried at the end of Gates to Infinity. What made it sadder than the other games is the fact that
Spoiler:

Thief

The Dark One
Years
Every ending on every game had me crying my eyes out.

Except Infinity. That looks like it butchered the series and doesn't seem worthy to be a PMD title, so I'm refusing to play it. I was excited for a 3D title, moreso than I care to explain, but it just seems like a cheap knockoff with barely any Pokémon.

Feunard

Random Trainer
Years
I remember when I first beat Red Rescue Team and wouldn't stop crying. It was my first time and I honestly thought that was it. It felt kind of personal because of those weird things you could say like your stomach hurting or the thing about the earth and tricking your partner. What made it worse was when I came back my partner stopped acting like my partner and I just felt weird. Sky got better because your partner still followed you around. I didn't cry afte Dialga but I did cry after Grovyle. I was just like, "Nooooooo!"

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I didn't but then again, I only played Blue and Explorers of Time.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
Years
I cry everytime at Red/Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I think I cry in those games because I become so attached to my partner, I don't wanna leave them. I'm not as close to my Gates to Infinity partner, however. They seem like cardboard more than a Pokemon.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I cried at the end of Sky. That ending was so sad. I just couldn't help it. I hardly beat the game now because of that.

Vatonage

reawken Light
Years
I realy have to say not other game brings so many emotions to me than the PMD Series.
I cry in every single game i played.
More then once. the storys going deep.
and the endings are so heartbreaking.

TheGuitahHeroe

i make songs with a computer
Years
I remember back when I was around 14 or so, I would get emotional just because of the music. Specifically, the song that plays when you're running away from your home town is just incredibly sad. I thought if anything, the music does an absolutely incredible job of portraying the emotion of each moment in the game, so huge credit to the composers for that.

Years
Oh boy... Well, let's see. I almost cried playing PMD: Blue, but I definitely ended up crying in Explorers of Sky. It was the saddest ending I have seen out of all the PMD.

How couldn't anyone cry to this:

Back