• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
how do you insert trainer back pic?

if you wanna change the backpics in Ruby/Sapphire, you can do so with Unlz-GBA...
but if ya wanna change the backpics in FireRed/LeafGreen, you can do so with Tile Molester... :P

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2009
how about in emerald? I have seen a vincent trainer back pic and i want to insert it on my emerald, how do it? is there a program needed:\

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
how about in emerald? I have seen a vincent trainer back pic and i want to insert it on my emerald, how do it? is there a program needed:\

I think Emerald is same as Fire red. You can use Unlz-gba to replace th hero's backsprite.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
For my question, is it possible to implement a small scene into the game? Like a small video, used in a random script?

It depends how do you plan the scene to be. Since you didn't provide further detailes, you may be happy enough with a MOVE_CAMERA script.
That's relatively easy to implement.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
It depends how do you plan the scene to be. Since you didn't provide further details, you may be happy enough with a MOVE_CAMERA script.
That's relatively easy to implement.

I do not want "Move camera", and it's easy. I want it like for example, any video to be triggered in a script. Such as, you step on a tile, and a video of Ash walking with Pikachu, appears(from the anime) Just an example. This kind of details? I know it's not possible, but just asking.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I do not want "Move camera", and it's easy. I want it like for example, any video to be triggered in a script. Such as, you step on a tile, and a video of Ash walking with Pikachu, appears(from the anime) Just an example. This kind of details? I know it's not possible, but just asking.

Well, you would need to make a custom ASM routine then.
The basic idea is that you should first insert all the image compressed and then display them on the screen.
Googling a bit you may find some examples, eventually.

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
How do you hack Pokemon Fire Red Title Screen?

So far a lot of people have been trying to help me with this but I'm stumped. If anyone can help me , that would be awesome. Well what I need to know first of all is the title screen.

* what supplies do I need
* and what do I have to do with them

And I would like everyone to know that if you help your name goes in the hack. People who helped will get the credit because this hack is going to be great.

Please anybody respond with help. I'm really killing myself about this hack thing.

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
So far a lot of people have been trying to help me with this but I'm stumped. If anyone can help me , that would be awesome. Well what I need to know first of all is the title screen.

* what supplies do I need
* and what do I have to do with them

And I would like everyone to know that if you help your name goes in the hack. People who helped will get the credit because this hack is going to be great.

Please anybody respond with help. I'm really killing myself about this hack thing.

Well, there are different tools to change the title screen.
Go to: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=159578

It will surely help you. Just follow the instructions, and be patient.

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
Wow thanks you guys. But im still having problems. Its just not clear enough to me. Is it the tutorial or should i just give up on hacking?

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Wow thanks you guys. But im still having problems. Its just not clear enough to me. Is it the tutorial or should i just give up on hacking?
Look around the tutorials page:
Rom Hacking>>Documents and tutorials.
just search some pages and there should be a tutorial.
And one more thing...If you like Pkmn Hacking NEVER quit...

Years
Could someone help me out? Is there some program that can let me edit pokemon g/s music. I know I can use hex. But I don't understand it at all. So could someone help me out If theres a tool to do it can someone tell me?

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Could someone help me out? Is there some program that can let me edit pokemon g/s music. I know I can use hex. But I don't understand it at all. So could someone help me out If theres a tool to do it can someone tell me?

I highly doubt there's a tool to edit GSC music. The old generation hacking, is all HEX, and there are few tools. I am not experienced in those, but HEX is the only solution I can think of.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
Hi, I'm new (obviously) and I'm wondering if there is a way to mod the colors of the pokeball in dp? and if so is there a program that will allow me to do this? also is there a way for me to change the success rate for the ball?

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
Years
Hey guys. I'm new here. More to the point, I'm pretty much a newb when it comes to creating/hacking/modifying games. I'm looking for help with Advanced Palette Editor (APE).

I'm using APE with Tile Molester (TM) on a Pokemon Fire Red ROM. I've started editing a sprite and I need to modify the palette (obviously). I've looked around the internet for quite a while and I haven't even found a guide for APE, much less any help for the specific problem I've having.

Here's the problem:
In APE, I load a specific palette from a ROM that I want to edit. I click "Edit->Copy" and edit the palette while still in APE. I then click "Replace" to save the changed palette. After that, I load the palette in Tile Molester. The problem is that the palette that loads in Tile Molester is not what I edited, and when I load the ROM in my emulator, the image that uses the palette is not colored properly.

Any help, or even just a link to a guide or FAQ for APE, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Hi, I'm new (obviously) and I'm wondering if there is a way to mod the colors of the pokeball in dp? and if so is there a program that will allow me to do this? also is there a way for me to change the success rate for the ball?
Well I got two words for you...Hex editing.

There is a palette editing program for DP, but you will need the offset. And to get the offset, you'll need someway of searching for it, which would be through VBA(if it was a GBA game) or Hex(currently) for DS.

I THINK you can edit the catch rate also, if you search through either ZodiacDaGreat's toolbox or swampert22s'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back