• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Here's a question

I tried both ways of applying ips patches to my .gba firered file and I can open them fine. But in the 3 hacks I tried, one gave me a missing BIOS file error and a brown screen, the second went past the GAMEFREAK animation and then started making weird beeping noises, and the third went past the GAMEFREAK animation and just went into a black screen.

So is it the way I'm patching (Using Lunar IPS and also tried renaming the .ips files) or the .ips files that are the problem?

Edit: I tried 2 more hacks, one I could start in the bedroom but everything was glitched. The next I got a garbled title screen and then a black screen. I'm using Visual Boy Adv. v1.8 beta 3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2009
I did how you told me to, but nothing changed.. as this msg/error appears i cannot do anything.. :[

well how can i save and load a game i cannot start playing..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
While I was in Advance map hacking Ruby , I accidentally deleted a person event when the Mom is in the house as she introduces it to the player ,and now at the beginning of the game there's no overworld. How do I fix this?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
While I was in Advance map hacking Ruby , I accidentally deleted a person event when the Mom is in the house as she introduces it to the player ,and now at the beginning of the game there's no overworld. How do I fix this?
I would suggest just using another Ruby ROM, but if you absolutely need the exact ROM, then just extract another Ruby ROM and copy the player's mother's offset, and paste it onto your edited ROM.

If you want to delete the introduction completely, then delete all of the events.

0m3ga_S1nn3r

Beginner Hacker :)
Years
I would suggest just using another Ruby ROM, but if you absolutely need the exact ROM, then just extract another Ruby ROM and copy the player's mother's offset, and paste it onto your edited ROM.

If you want to delete the introduction completely, then delete all of the events.

WTF!!! where ever you keep your roms (folder, desktop, etc) there should be a this called pokemon - (insertname here).bak, just rename the bak part to GBA and theres the original rom!!!

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2008
Word Choices

Anybody have a clue on how I could edit the word choices for mail and stuff in R/S/E?

The Dark Knight

Gotham's Watchful Protector
Years
I have a question: Does EliteMap work with FireRed? At the moment when I try to load the ROM, it says "This is not a supported Pokémon Advance rom. BPRE." Do I have to do something to make it work? If not, can you send me a link to an editor that does? Thanks. If you PM the answer to me or write it on my profile, that would be great.

EDIT: Never mind, I just got Advance Map to work.

EDIT #2: And it just stopped working again. The error message is "Access violation at address 004CBD0B in module 'AdvanceMap.exe'. Read of address 31293129." Any help?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
does any1 know if there is a pokemon fire red music assembler besides Sappy? i cant use sappy since i have windows 2000

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
does any1 know if there is a pokemon fire red music assembler besides Sappy? i cant use sappy since i have windows 2000

I don't believe that there's another one. You'd have to have someone else help edit music, sorry.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
New Hacker!

I have no idea (absolutely none) about how to hack. I want to know how to get a game, change text around and make characters appear where they shouldn't. I want to feel the pride of making (hacking really) a game. This may or may not be the right place for a hacking tutorial, but in the case that it isn't could someone show me the way?

Thanks for your help (I say thanks in advance because I know there are nice people out there that will help me.)

PS: I am really sorry if there is already a reply like this but I really don't have time to search. Bye!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Anybody have a clue on how I could edit the word choices for mail and stuff in R/S/E?

Advance Map can do that...

Sappy is the only one I know, but I heard there are three kinds of Sappy's...
Search around this thread. Someone helped me about Sappy a while ago...

Use another Ruby ROM. :\
If you had made major changes in mapping, then just export that map and import it to your new Ruby ROM...

quick question: how do u apply an ips patch to a gba file or hack file?
can someone show me please?

There is a thread on how to do that in the Hack Showcase, maybe?
Search thoroughly...

I have no idea (absolutely none) about how to hack. I want to know how to get a game, change text around and make characters appear where they shouldn't. I want to feel the pride of making (hacking really) a game. This may or may not be the right place for a hacking tutorial, but in the case that it isn't could someone show me the way?

Thanks for your help (I say thanks in advance because I know there are nice people out there that will help me.)

PS: I am really sorry if there is already a reply like this but I really don't have time to search. Bye!

Hacking a POKéMON ROM to make a new feel to the game needs time. If you don't have time, then you will find difficulty in hacking.
Mapping, scripting, hex editing, etc needs time to do a hack.

Anyways, for tutorials, look at the Documents and Tutorials section.
For tools, search around the Toolbox section...
Good luck~

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
I made a script, but it doesn't work.
XSE don't say there is a fault, but if i open the ROM and talk to the pokemon (it's a wild pokemon script), it don't work.
This is the script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @raikou
callstd 0x2
startwildbattle 0x243 0x1 0x0
release
end

#org @raikou
= Cuuuun!

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a question: Does EliteMap work with FireRed? At the moment when I try to load the ROM, it says "This is not a supported Pokémon Advance rom. BPRE." Do I have to do something to make it work? If not, can you send me a link to an editor that does? Thanks. If you PM the answer to me or write it on my profile, that would be great.

EDIT: Never mind, I just got Advance Map to work.

EDIT #2: And it just stopped working again. The error message is "Access violation at address 004CBD0B in module 'AdvanceMap.exe'. Read of address 31293129." Any help?

What OS are you using? Because old Windows ones aren't supported.

Well, it all depends on the meaning of "word choices".

I made a script, but it doesn't work.
XSE don't say there is a fault, but if i open the ROM and talk to the pokemon (it's a wild pokemon script), it don't work.
This is the script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @raikou
callstd 0x2
startwildbattle 0x243 0x1 0x0
release
end

#org @raikou
= Cuuuun!

XSE doesn't have Artificial Intelligence. Yet. Therefore it can't decide if a script will work fine or not, just by "looking" at it.
Instead, it will report all syntax errors found. Try using the wildbattle construct instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back