• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] Fairy Tail: Wendy and the Pickled Plum Factory

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
Years
Hey everyone, Midnight here. I got bored today, so I decided to write a short fanfic about Wendy Marvell from Fairy Tail. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! :)
__________________________________________________________________________________

It had been many months since the reunion of Fairy Tail and everyone was getting back into the swing of guild life. Many of the s-class wizards had recently left on difficult jobs and had traveled to some other far off lands. Today, Wendy Marvell and her Exceed named Carla sat in front of the barren job request board in wait for the daily job requests being updated.

"Carla, I'm worried," Wendy whispered to her companion. "We haven't been able to work in weeks, and I need to pay rent. Fairy Tail hasn't gotten very many job requests lately, and I'm running out of jewel!" She turned to Mirajane, who stood behind the bar counter and cried out. "Mira, please tell me we have some new jobs!"

Mira looked down at the counter, a sad look in her eyes. "Well, um-"

"Please, Mira!" Wendy begged, falling to her knees in front of her fellow guildmate.

"Wendy, pull yourself together, child!" Carla exclaimed, grabbing Wendy's arm to restrain her.

"Well, I do actually have one job request, but you won't like it," Mirajane admitted hesitantly. She slowly placed a job request on the counter in front of Wendy. "It...involves pickled plums."
Wendy's eyes widened in fear and her lips puckered. "Not pickled plums! They're so sour!" She exhaled heavily for a few moments, then stood with a confident look on her face. "Fine, I'll do it. It's my only choice right now."

"Alright, good luck, Wendy," Mira sighed, trying for a smile. "Do you need someone to come along for help?"

"No, I can do this myself," Wendy insisted. "I can't be a weak, dependent little kid anymore, I need to do things for myself, to be my own person."

Mirajane giggled at the little girl's determination. "That's the right attitude to have, Wendy. I believe in you."

With that, Wendy and Carla took the job request and left for some place called the Magnolia Pickled Plum Factory. The sky dragon slayer wouldn't be so easily intimidated by the sour fruit this time around. She was determined to get over her fear and earn some jewel in the process. This was the only way.

-//-

When they arrived at the factory, Wendy realized that the situation was worse than she originally thought. The factory's machines had gone out of control and piles of pickled plums sat on the floor. Her eyes watered at the very sight of them, but she pulled herself together when she saw a man approaching her.

"Hello miss, I assume you're here for the job?" In his hands was a clipboard, with the same job request on it. He had a gray mustache and a wrinkly face, his eyes were full of panic. "I'm Bernard Oltus, the manager of this factory."

Wendy bowed her head respectfully and smiled at the old man. "Nice to meet you, sir. I'm Wendy Marvell from Fairy Tail, and I'm ready to help."

Bernard smiled graciously and set his clipboard down. "Okay then, I guess I should tell you about the job. There are really two jobs I need you to do here. The first one is to destroy the factory. The machines glitched out and now they won't stop producing pickled plums! The building will overload and explode if you don't stop it. Do that and then I'll tell you your second task."

Wendy nodded, a mask of determination replacing her nervous facial expression. "I understand, sir. You can count on me. Come on, Carla!"

She and Carla ran towards the factory at factory at full speed. Wendy jumped into the air and thrust her palms towards the building. "Dragon Slayer Secret Art!" She yelled, energy pulsing throughout her body. "Shattering Light: Sky Drill!"

The factory exploded as a giant beam of wind completely demolished it. Thousands of pickled plums flew everywhere covered the ground. Wendy strolled back over to Bernard and gave him a smile.

"First task finished," she laughed. "What else may I help you with?"

"Great job," Bernard replied. "Now I want you to eat some of these pickled plums. I have a lot more of a surplus than I need, and this much of a supply will actually set me back a little."

Wendy's face drained of its color. She looked like she wanted to run away, her hands trembled in fear of the pickled fruit. "E-EAT them?!" She repeated, her voice small. She slowly bent down and picked a plum up and put it in her mouth. In that moment, she knew this would be the toughest job she ever took.

-//-

Wendy dragged herself around the guild for the next few days with a look of terror on her face. Every once and a while she would mutter things like "Was that really worth 50,000 jewel?" or "I can't feel my mouth."

Mirajane glanced at her from the bar and giggled to herself. "I knew she wouldn't be able to handle it. Poor Wendy."

-END-

_________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading this everyone! Keep a watch for more fanfics soon, I'll be working on some soon. See you around!

-Midnight

Back