• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Endings

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
We talked about beginnings, so now let's talk about endings. Do endings come to you easily? This can apply to chapters, or the whole entire thing, by the way. Do you have an ending in sight for your fanfiction?

For me, I always end with a one liner. I make it a rule to always end everything with a one liner since most of my writing, I use one liners to end things. I very rarely do one liners, so I use them only to end something or isolate the main idea.

Endings for chapters aren't very hard for me, it's beginnings that are honestly more difficult, tbh. I already have an end in sight for the entire thing, after all.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years
Depends for me. I normally like to end the chapter on something the reader can really focus on or think about. Not necessarily just a cliffhanger, but also something akin to just uncertainty for the character or maybe some moment where we get a deeper glimpse into something or someone.

As for something like the actual ending for SC, I've got that figured out. It's been minorly tweaked now and then, but the general gist of the ending has been solidified and I'm pleased with it. It's good to tie up the important loose ends so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything as I slowly grind my way there.

Years
Honestly, I think endings are one of the elements of storytelling that I'm best at. I like to think I'm really good at one-liners/wham lines that can either finish a story on a note of poignancy or leave a reader invested enough to go to the next chapter. For me it's always the stuff that joins plot points together that's trickiest to deal with, rather than the beginning, end or meat of the story.

Bay

Years
I tend to be decent at coming up with endings for my chapters/stories. The types of endings I go for varies, but I generally like chapter endings that leave you wanting to know/read more and happy endings for overall story.

Back