• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: LIFE Version

What is you favorite season? (From the 5th generation games)

• Spring

Votes: 114 20.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 106 19.4%
  • Autumn

Votes: 169 30.9%
  • Winter

Votes: 225 41.1%

• Total voters
Years
It's amazing how powerful the GBA system really is. Great job with demaking the graphics! the only screenshot that I don't like is the one on the bottom left of the main post (that building looks weird...) Anyways, Don't give up on this!

Chozen1

Master of Disaster
Years
I've never been a fan of BW/BW2 overworlds but seems like it could be interesting. Will try it out.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
I had to look back to make sure this wasn't a DS hack. Well, goodluck!

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
Warning, HUGE spoiler full of satisfaction and happy emoticons!
Read it for exclusive information!

Spoiler:

YCWaaRd.gif

First of all: Thanks for the great welcome! Your reception makes me want to hack more and more :pink_giggle:
Some things I want to point out:
About the lack of overworlds: I'm indexing new ones, and they will be inserted ASAP

One thing I need to tell you is that I am not an ASM Hacker. I'd love to know how to deal with it, but I just do not have time to learn about it. Every ASM was already made by another person or through a very detailed tutorial for dummies (I'm working alone)

About grammar: English is not my native language, but I'm trying to do my best.
Please report grammar errors! I can't stand them in portuguese and I know exactly how a grammar nazi feels.
Be careful not to spam them!

NEW SCREENS!
cV23pF8.png

This is VIRIDOVIA, home of the first Gym, a POISON one!
It was already done, but I didn't like it. I totally changed the tileset and I did a new mapping, because it was not a city huge and developed enough to have huge buildings.
Also, this city is linked to the VIRIDOVIA Garden. A beautiful garden, where you can battle with wild pokémons and trainers (probably, the next update will be about it)
The city has a open-air market, but the seller is not there. Where could he be?
Also, the city Gym is locked. Talk to the people, they may know something about it!​

obs.: This was a really fast update compairing to the ones I would consider doing. Please, try not to get used to it!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
I...I didn't even know graphics like that were possible in the gba 0^e

Nice storyline too, I'll check on this hack :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 13, 2017
This looks absolutely stunning, I absolutely cannot wait and am looking forward to getting more into the story.

Years
I this in the first screen, the text should be The VIRIDOVIA's Gym door is locked.
Btw, does the doors have animations ?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
Man. After looking at this and Platinum Blue/Red, I'm wondering what isn't possible with GBA ROM Hacking.

Someone mentioned this on the last page but I also thought it was another NDS hack again. Keep up the good work.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
Years
I...I didn't even know graphics like that were possible in the gba 0^e

Nice storyline too, I'll check on this hack :)

Thanks! There's a lot of effort in it

This looks absolutely stunning, I absolutely cannot wait and am looking forward to getting more into the story.

I'm pretty sure you will! Major updates to come ;)

I this in the first screen, the text should be The VIRIDOVIA's Gym door is locked.
Btw, does the doors have animations ?

ermahgerd
fixed, thanks!
Well, they don't have animations because the doors in the hack size is bigger than 16x16 to match the overworld size. If there is a way of animating them I would love to know :(

Have you mapped out plans for your region?
I would love to see a region map :)

Yes! Actually, this will be the next update. I'm finishing the map in photoshop and I will post it here asap.

Man. After looking at this and Platinum Blue/Red, I'm wondering what isn't possible with GBA ROM Hacking.

Someone mentioned this on the last page but I also thought it was another NDS hack again. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! Well, I love platinum red/blue, but they focus too much on the development of new gba features, and I am just focusing in a good storyline and good ambience.
I'm a little bit oldschool, with B/W graphics.
Thanks for the support!

Unfortunately, busy week.
Not enough progress to be shown, but I'm planning a big update with unshown stuff.
Thanks for the support guys! You are great ♥​

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
If Jirachi's a big part of the plot, will he be one of the trainer's Pokemon? Or will he jet be encountered numerous times?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!! ^^ Love it! I'll be waiting for this one for sure. I got nothing to add up because for me, this one is close to perfect

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Why isn't this more popular. This is amazing! Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!^^

Back