• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CCFTW's second adventure in Alola

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Hi there! I'm FeraligatrMaster, formerly known as classiccartoonsftw, and I've started my second adventure in Alola yesterday, with Pokemon Ultra Moon!

So anyways, I picked the girl character again, and named her Serena. Then I chose Litten as my starter, defeated Hau, went to Mahalo Trail, and saved Cosmog from a bunch of Spearow.

Afterwards, Kukui forced me through a catching tutorial (Game Freak, why won't you make these optional again?) before I was able to catch Pokemon. I caught a Pichu, a Pikipek, and a Grubbin. (I was reluctant to pick up the last one, but I figured I needed one to learn Mud-Slap and deal with Electric types.)

Then I did some grinding before heading to Iki Town again. There, I had to battle Hau again, and won again.

After that, I went to Kukui's lab, and got Rotom in my Pokedex. Then I had to go to the Trainer School, where I got the Exp. Share (which I turned off immediately) and the Festival Plaza (where I spent quite some time). Also, I decided to catch a Magnemite here.

Right now, I'm looking for a Slowpoke. When I get one with a desirable nature, I'll train that one up to level 9, and then I'll deal with the trainers at the Trainer School.

Current team:
Litten
Pichu
Pikipek
Grubbin
Magnemite

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I got myself a Slowpoke with a Relaxed nature. Since Slowpoke is naturally slow and bulky, I decided to accept it. I grinded it until it learnt Water Gun. Then I defeated all the trainers at the Trainer School, and picked up a Quick Claw.

Then Hau and Lillie showed me around Hau'oli City, after which I bought an Alola shirt for my character, picked up a few Totem Stickers, and had to face Team Skull.

Team Skull was easy (I only had to fight one of them, he had a Zubat, which got OHKO'd by my Magnemite), but then I had to battle Ilima, the first Trial Captain. I had to grind my Pikipek to level 13 for that battle.

Afterwards, I could go to Route 2, where I caught a Makuhita for the first trial. I trained it up to level 13, so it could learn Arm Thrust, Fake Out, and Force Palm. I also trained my Litten and my Pikipek a bit more, so Litten could learn Double Kick and Pikipek could evolve.

Before doing the first trial, I headed to the Big Wave Beach, hoping to do some Mantine Surfing. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to do it yet. So I headed for the Verdant Cavern instead, to do the first trial. First I had to deal with 2 wild Rattata, which my Litten dealt with. Then Team Skull ambushed me, and sent out a Drowzee. I used my Grubbin against it, and defeated it. The last wild Pokemon I had to deal with was a Raticate. My Litten defeated it and evolved into Torracat. Also, the Rotom Dex introduced me to a new feature: Rotom Powers.

Then it was time for the Totem Raticate. My Makuhita wiped the floor with it. Then I picked up the Normalium Z, got some Great Balls from Ilima, and was forced by Kukui into a Z-Move tutorial.

After that, I went back into the Verdant Cavern, where I caught a Diglett. I trained it up to level 14, so that it could learn Magnitude. Then I headed to Route 3, and into Melemele Meadow, where I had to go after Cosmog. But first, I decided to catch a Flab?b?.

After catching one, I went after Cosmog, which went to the Seaward Cave and was ambushed by 2 members of a suspicious new squad: the Ultra Recon Squad. One of them picked a fight with me, and sent out a Furfrou, prompting me to send out my Makuhita. The Furfrou annoyed me, but I still won.

Current team:
Torracat
Trumbeak
Makuhita
Diglett
Flab?b?
Pichu

Rotating team members:
Slowpoke
Magnemite
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
After getting Cosmog out of the Seaward Cave, I had to battle Hau again. After that, I went to get the Soothe Bell for my Pichu, and trained a bit before challenging Hala.

I sent out my Trumbeak against his Machop. I thought Pluck would OHKO it, but Machop survived and hit Trumbeak with Revenge. Trumbeak survived, and knocked Machop out with another Pluck. Then he sent out his Makuhita, and I sent out my Flabébé. His Makuhita used Sand-Attack a lot, so I struggled against it. Luckily, my Flabébé managed to defeat it. Lastly, my Slowpoke took on his Crabrawler. Crabrawler used Pursuit, then Leer, then Pursuit again. I didn't expect Slowpoke to survive the second Pursuit, but it did, and it knocked Crabrawler out.

After defeating Hala, I got the Fightinium Z and the Page Rider. Then I had to go back to Hau'oli City, to meet up with Hau, Lillie, and Kukui again. We had to leave for Akala Island. Kukui and Lillie went by boat, while Hau and I could finally go Mantine Surfing! And I did a lot of Mantine Surfing, getting a lot of BP in the process.

Then I went to explore Akala Island, where I met Olivia, Mallow, Dexio, and Sina. I won't have to battle Dexio, but I do have to fight with Sina, so I'm going to prepare for that.

Current team:
Torracat
Trumbeak
Makuhita
Magnemite
Flabébé
Pichu

Rotating team members:
Diglett
Slowpoke
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Before fighting Sina, I decided to grind my team a bit, evolving Pichu and Flabébé in the process. After that, I battled Sina with only my Magnemite.

After the battle, I gained access to Route 4, where I caught a Mudbray for myself. Then I went to Pikachu Village to play with the Pikachu there, and then to Paniola Town.

In Paniola Town, I had to fight Hau again, and defeated him again. I also noticed 2 Team Skull Grunts harassing an Alolan Vulpix, and decided to intervene.

Soon after, I made my way through Paniola Ranch, and got Stoutland added to my Page Rider. Then I met Gladion, and had to fight him.

After defeating Gladion, I could do the second trial at Brooklet Hill. But first, I decided to catch a Lillipup for the in-game trade at the Poke Center of Route 5, and got a Noibat in return. At Brooklet Hill, wanted to catch a Dewpider before doing the trial, but I found out that the grass at Brooklet Hill can't be obtained before the trial (unlike in regular Sun and Moon). So I had to do the trial first.

For the trial, I had to round up the wild Wishiwashi to use as bait, which was easy. But the Totem Pokemon, an Araquanid instead of a Wishiwashi, was tough! Not only was the Totem Araquanid itself strong, it had also called a Dewpider for help, which didn't help things. It took me several tries to beat it, but then I came up with a strategy: first I made Trumbeak use Pluck on it twice (once to get rid of its Wacan Berry, the second time for extra damage). Then I let Trumbeak fall, and sent out Magnemite to use Thunder Wave. Then I had Floette set up a Lucky Chant, and lastly Pikachu came in. It managed to knock out the Totem Araquanid with Electro Ball, but the Dewpider attacked Pikachu and took over half of its health! Luckily, one Electro Ball was enough to finish that Dewpider off.

After the trial, I got the Waterium Z and a Fishing Rod, and went to catch a Dewpider for myself. For now, I'll finish the trainers and the items at Brooklet Hill, and then I'll go on with the story.

Current team:
Torracat
Trumbeak
Pikachu
Magnemite
Floette
Mudbray

Rotating team members:
Diglett
Slowpoke
Makuhita
Noibat
Grubbin
Dewpider

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
After cutting my ties with Brooklet Hill, I had to go to Route 6. However, I encountered the Ultra Recon Squad again, and they introduced me to a new Ultra Beast, Poipole. I sent out my Mudbray, which easily defeated it.

After that, I went to the Royal Avenue, where I had to fight a Battle Royale with my Torracat against Hau's Dartrix, Kukui's Rockruff, and Gladion's Type: Null. And I lost.

After that, I went to defeat the trainers and collect the items at Route 7, and now I'm training my team for the trial at the Wela Volcano Park.

Current team:
Torracat
Floette
Mudbray
Dewpider
Slowpoke
Noibat

Rotating team members:
Pikachu
Diglett
Magnemite
Makuhita
Trumbeak

Pretty much retired:
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
During my training, my Torracat learned Bite, my Mudbray learned High Horsepower, and my Dewpider evolved into Araquanid!

With that, I decided it was time to do the third trial. Against the first 2 Marowak, I sent out Araquanid, which made quick work of both of them. Then a Hiker came along, and sent out a Magmar, which I used my Slowpoke against. I let my Slowpoke use Yawn first, and then only Water Gun. The Magmar used Smokescreen, so I hoped I wouldn't miss. Luckily, I didn't. Finally, it was Totem Marowak's turn. At the first turn, expecting it to use Detect, I switched out my Slowpoke for my Mudbray. And Marowak used Detect indeed. Then it called a Salazzle for help. The Salazzle used Torment against my Mudbray, so I had to switch between Bulldoze and High Horsepower constantly. Luckily, the Totem Marowak went down.

After that, I could go to Route 8, where I decided to train my team for the fourth trial. My Makuhita evolved into Hariyama during the training.

Current team:
Torracat
Trumbeak
Araquanid
Hariyama
Floette
Magnemite

Rotating team members:
Pikachu
Diglett
Slowpoke
Noibat
Mudbray

Pretty much retired:
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
During my training, I decided to evolve Diglett into Dugtrio as well. Then I went on to the fourth trial.

When Totem Lurantis came, I sent out my Dugtrio first. My plan was to use Bulldoze to lower the Totem Lurantis' Speed, and then let Dugtrio fall to the Totem Lurantis' Solar Blade, so that Tangling Hair would activate, lowering the Totem Lurantis' Speed again. However, Dugtrio miraculously survived the Solar Blade with just 1 HP left. The Totem Lurantis called a Kecleon, and I let my Dugtrio use Bulldoze on both of them. The Totem Lurantis finished Dugtrio off with a Low Sweep, but Dugtrio's job was done.

After Dugtrio fell, I sent out my Torracat. I let it use Leer on the Totem Lurantis and Kecleon, then the Totem Lurantis used Low Sweep and Kecleon used Sunny Day. Then I let Torracat strike the Totem Lurantis with a Fire Fang, knocking it down. Then Kecleon used Screech. I let my Torracat use Bite, and Kecleon flinched. Finally, Torracat finished Kecleon off with Double Kick.

Mallow rewarded me with the Grassium Z, and then Kukui came and told me to meet up at the Dimensional Research Lab. There, I met Kukui's wife, Professor Burnet, who does research on Ultra Beasts.

After this meeting, I had to go through Diglett's Tunnel, where I had to fight 2 Team Skull Grunts, with Hau helping me. Luckily, we made it through, and I reached Konikoni City. Here, I was supposed to meet up with Olivia, but she left for the Ruins of Life instead, leaving her Probopass behind to inform me of this.

Now, I'm going to make my way through the Memorial Hill, to the Ruins of Life.

Current team:
Torracat
Trumbeak
Araquanid
Hariyama
Mudbray
Magnemite

Rotating team members:
Pikachu
Dugtrio
Slowpoke
Floette
Noibat

Pretty much retired:
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Whiole making my way to Olivia, I met Plumeria, an admin of Team Skull. She challenged me with her Golbat and her Salandit. My Magnemite and my Mudbray easily took them down.

Then I had to fight Olivia. She was easy. My Araquanid took down her Anorith, my Magnemite took down her Lileep, and my Mudbray went up against her Lycanroc. Her Lycanroc used Bite 3 times. The first time, I managed to get off a Bulldoze. The second time, my Mudbray flinched. The third time, my Mudbray avoided it.

I was rewarded with the Rockium Z, and had to go to the Hano Grand Resort, where I met Faba, who took me and Hau to the Aether Paradise.

At the Aether Paradise, a Nihilego appeared, and my Mudbray easily took care of it. Then I got the TM for Psychic, and went to Ula'ula Island. This time, I could go to the Poke Center before having to battle Hau.

The battle with Hau wasn't that easy. He started off with his Dartrix, which got taken down by my Torracat. Then he sent out his Vaporeon, which my Pikachu struggled against. It took me several tries to defeat that Vaporeon. Hau's next Pokemon was an Alolan Raichu, which I sent out my Mudbray against. Raichu did a lot of damage to Mudbray, but Mudbray's High Horsepower was enough to take Raichu down. Next up, Hau sent out his Tauros, and I sent out my Hariyama. While my Hariyama did a lot of damage to Tauros, it was still knocked out. Since I didn't want to go through that Vaporeon madness again, I decided to accept it and send out Torracat, which took Tauros down. Finally, it was Hau's Noibat against my Floette. My Floette came out on top.

After defeating Hau, I had to go to the Malie Garden. Here, I encountered Kukui again, who instructed me to go to Mount Hokulani, where the fifth trial is. To get there, I had to go to Route 10 and take the bus there. Before I could go to Route 10, I had to go to the library with Lillie, and we met Acerola there.

After my visit to the library, I could go through Route 10, and my Mudbray evolved into a Mudsdale along the way. But when I reached the bus stop, I saw 2 Team Skull Grunts jacking off to it, so I had to force them away with a fight.

Next stop: Mount Hokulani!

Current team:
Torracat
Araquanid
Mudsdale
Pikachu
Magnemite
Floette

Rotating team members:
Dugtrio
Slowpoke
Hariyama
Noibat
Trumbeak

Pretty much retired:
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
At Mount Hokulani, I decided to fight the trainers first before doing the fifth trial. In the meantime, my Torracat and my Trumbeak evolved.

Upon entering the Hokulani Observatory, I met Molyane, who gave me the Steelium Z without me having to fight for it this time.

Inside the Hokulani Observatory, I came across Sophocles, the fifth Trial Captain. He told me to look for 9 Charjabug. 6 of them were rounded up by Molyane, but I had to find the other 3 myself. They were hiding behind bushes, but one of them decided to sneak off to the bus. Luckily, I caught it.

Then the fifth trial could start. It was pretty fun, and not so hard. During the trial, I had to deal with an Elekid and an Electabuzz. Later on, the Totem Togedemaru came along.

I decided to let Mudsdale use Bulldoze on it, expecting it to use Spiky Shield. The Totem Togedemaru did indeed use Spiky Shield, and then called a Skarmory for help. Taking out the Totem Togedemaru took a little longer than expected, because it dodged a High Horsepower from my Mudsdale. But in the end, the Totem Togedemaru went down, and I let my Magnemite take care of the Skarmory.

After the fifth trial, Sophocles gave me the Electrium Z, and granted me access to the Battle Agency at the Festival Plaza. I decided to try out the Battle Agency, and it was pretty fun.

Sophocles and Molyane also gave me the Professor's Mask, which I had to return to Kukui, who was in Malie Garden. Upon returning there, I met Guzma, and had to fight him. I decided to use Toucannon, Pikachu, Magnemite, and even Grubbin.

Guzma opened with a Golisopod, and I sent out my Toucannon. I let my Toucannon use Beak Blast, causing Golisopod to get burned upon making contact with it, but also take a lot of damage from the attack itself. Since over half of Golisopod's health was gone, Emergency Exit activated, and Guzma sent out a Masquerain. I sent out my Grubbin to take an Air Slash from that Masquerain, and get Magnemite in safely. Magnemite used Thunder Wave on Masquerain, then I let Pikachu annihilate it with Gigavolt Havoc. Finally, it was Toucannon against Golisopod again, with Toucannon coming out on top.

After defeating Guzma, I returned Kukui's mask, sent Grubbin back into retirement, and was instructed to go to Route 11.

Current team:
Incineroar
Toucannon
Mudsdale
Hariyama
Pikachu
Magnemite

Rotating team members:
Dugtrio
Slowpoke
Floette
Noibat
Araquanid

Pretty much retired:
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
After making my way through Route 11, I got to Route 12, where Hapu caught up to me and added Mudsdale to my Page Rider. With that Mudsdale, I could get through Route 12, and reach Tapu Village, Blush Mountain, and Ula'ula Beach.

At Blush Mountain, I evolved my Magnemite into a Magneton, and then into a Magnezone. At Ula'ula Beach, I did some Mantine surfing, and at Heahea Beach, I taught my Incineroar Fire Punch.

Then I went through Tapu Village, and then I had to go to the Aether House at Route 15. There, I had a meeting with Hau and Acerola. Lillie was also supposed to come along, but she got harassed by a Team Skull Grunt, whom I had to defeat.

Afterwards, Acerola told me that the sixth trial would be held at the Thrifty Megamart at Route 14. Now, I'm going to do some training before doing the sixth trial.

Current team:
Incineroar
Mudsdale
Magnezone
Dugtrio
Pikachu
Noibat

Rotating team members:
Slowpoke
Hariyama
Floette
Toucannon
Araquanid

Pretty much retired:
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
During my training, I went to the Poke Pelago a few times, and encountered a Modest Flaaffy there. I decided to accept it, but since Pikachu and Magnezone are doing just fine, I let Flaaffy join Grubbin in retirement.

After my training, I decided to take on the sixth trial. First, I had to deal with a Gastly, which my Noibat easily took care of. A Haunter followed, which gave my Noibat a little more trouble. Then a Gengar came along. I let my Pikachu paralyze it first before letting my Noibat take care of it. Finally, it was time to face the Totem Mimikyu.

I started off with my Mudsdale. It got off a few Bulldozes and even a Heavy Slam against the Totem Mimikyu. However, the Totem Mimikyu called a Banette for help, which burned my Mudsdale with Will-O-Wisp. After Mudsdale fainted, I sent out my Dugtrio, which did some good damage to the Totem Mimikyu, but failed to defeat it. I saw no choice but to let my Magnezone take care of the Totem Mimikyu. Lastly, I let my Incineroar take care of the Banette.

Acerola rewarded me with the Ghostium Z and a bunch of Dusk Balls. After that, I had to go to the Aether House again, which was under attack by Team Skull. I had to fight Plumeria again. While my Magnezone easily took care of her Golbat, my Araquanid was almost knocked out by her Salazzle. Luckily, Araquanid narrowly survived and knocked Salazzle out.

Now, I need to make my way to Po Town, which is ruled by Team Skull.

Current team:
Incineroar
Mudsdale
Magnezone
Hariyama
Pikachu
Noibat

Rotating team members:
Dugtrio
Slowpoke
Floette
Toucannon
Araquanid

Pretty much retired:
Flaaffy
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Due to responsibilities, I didn't have much time to play lately. But in the time I did have, I made it through the Shady House, defeated Guzma again, got a Buginium Z for myself, and retrieved a stolen Yungoos. Also, I did the Ditto sidequest for some reason.

Current team:
Incineroar
Mudsdale
Magnezone
Hariyama
Pikachu
Noibat

Rotating team members:
Dugtrio
Slowpoke
Floette
Toucannon
Araquanid

Pretty much retired:
5 Ditto
Flaaffy
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
After defeating Guzma, I did a lot of training. Then I went back to the Aether House, where I found out that Lillie was missing. Also, I had to fight Gladion again.

After defeating Gladion once more, I had to fight Nanu, the Kahuna of Ula'ula Island. And he wasn't easy. I had to rely on luck a lot, and some of my team members even fainted during the battle. But in the end, I prevailed, and got the Darkinium Z.

The siege on the Aether Paradise has begun!

Current team:
Incineroar
Araquanid
Mudsdale
Magnezone
Hariyama
Floette

Rotating team members:
Pikachu
Dugtrio
Slowpoke
Noibat
Toucannon

Pretty much retired:
5 Ditto
Flaaffy
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Today, I've succeeded with the siege on the Aether Paradise!

During the fight with Faba, my Incineroar made short work of most of his Pokemon. It even survived a Waterfall from Faba's Bruxish!

I also had to fight Guzma for the third time. This fight took me a lot of attempts, and I had to train a lot as a result. My final attempt went like this: first, my Magnezone took down his Golisopod. Then he sent out his Pinsir, and I sent out my Mudsdale to lower its Speed a bit. Then I sent out my Flaaffy (I took it out of retirement just for this fight) to let his Pinsir attack it and get paralyzed by Flaaffy's Static. After that, my Incineroar finished Guzma's Pinsir off with Inferno Overdrive.

Then Guzma sent out his Masquerain, which I let my Magnezone take care of. Finally, Guzma sent out a Vikavolt, and I let my Incineroar deal with it. Incineroar used Fire Punch, but Vikavolt survived it and got off a Thunderbolt, which paralyzed my Incineroar. Miraculously, my Incineroar shrugged off the paralysis and finished the Vikavolt off with another Fire Punch.

After that, the Ultra Recon Squad appeared again, and I had to fight their Poipole once more. That thing went down easily, and finally, I had to fight Lusamine herself.

First, I let my Magnezone take care of her Clefable. Then Lusamine sent out a Lopunny, which replaced her Mismagius from Sun and Moon. Either way, my Hariyama took care of it, but took quite some damage in return. Then Lusamine sent out her Bewear. I first used Toucannon to burn it with Beak Blast, then Floette to damage it a bit, and then Mudsdale to lower its Speed a bit. I thought of letting Hariyama take care of Bewear, but decided against it and let my Mudsdale finish Bewear off with Double Kick. Then Lusamine sent out her Lilligant, and I sent out my Incineroar. Lilligant managed to confuse Incineroar with Teeter Dance, but Incineroar managed to finish it off with a Fire Punch. Finally, Lusamine sent out her Milotic, and I sent out my Magnezone. First Milotic used Dragon Pulse, and Magnezone used Discharge, bringing Milotic down to half its HP. Then Milotic used Hydro Pump, which Magnezone dodged. Finally, Magnezone took out Milotic with another Discharge.

After her defeat, Lusamine disappeared, and I went to Poni Island.

Current team:
Incineroar
Araquanid
Mudsdale
Magnezone
Hariyama
Floette

Rotating team members:
Pikachu
Dugtrio
Slowpoke
Noibat
Toucannon

Pretty much retired:
5 Ditto
Flaaffy
Grubbin

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Unfortunately, I haven't had much motivation to play Ultra Moon lately. But anyways, today I made my way through the Poni Wilds, got Machamp registered in my Page Rider, and collected the Shiny Stone for my Floette. However, I'll teach it Moonblast first before evolving it.

Current team:
Incineroar
Araquanid
Mudsdale
Magnezone
Hariyama
Floette

Rotating team members:
Pikachu
Dugtrio
Slowpoke
Noibat