The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Demo Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!


View Poll Results: Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?
Olivine City 3 50.00%
Mossdeep City 1 16.67%
Snowpoint City 1 16.67%
Driftveil City 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old June 2nd, 2015 (12:25 PM).
Typhlosion06 Typhlosion06 is offline
     
    Join Date: May 2014
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
    ?

    Just used one in battle and the field. Worked fine and restored 25 HP.

    You should update to a new Demo 1-2.rar if you haven't.
    I don't know, I thought it was all updated, it only did 20 HP in battle but 25 in the field, I'll have to double check & make sure everything is all updated to be sure.
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #177    
    Old June 2nd, 2015 (12:36 PM).
    Wootius's Avatar
    Wootius Wootius is offline
    Glah
       
      Join Date: Mar 2013
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 302
      I just did it and it was 25 for both. Let me upload what I have now.
      __________________
      Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
      Where every Pokemon is useful.
      Reply With Quote
        #178    
      Old June 2nd, 2015 (12:44 PM).
      Wootius's Avatar
      Wootius Wootius is offline
      Glah
         
        Join Date: Mar 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 302
        DEMO 1-2.RAR UPDATED.
        __________________
        Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
        Where every Pokemon is useful.
        Reply With Quote
          #179    
        Old June 3rd, 2015 (9:42 AM).
        looneyman1's Avatar
        looneyman1 looneyman1 is offline
        The Psycho Pokemon
           
          Join Date: Sep 2013
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 717
          I've taken a small break from this to play some rom hacks again but I'm curious; where do I find the EV reducing berries? Are they some of the berries mom asks you to grow on the berry farm? If so I would suppose that would make sense.


          Also did you ever consider doing minigames for EV training if you haven't already? Something similar to the 6th gen's super training I mean. I actually envision something like the pokethlon for EV training since it makes so much sense. In fact the addition of a pokethlon dome in general can add some replay value too (though that might be tricky since the only place with enough room is Saffron City and you likely got something set in stone for that by now).


          I mention this because you could not only do like the actual events there for the pokethlon championship but if you were to add an event training station as well that can act as like Super Training where depending on how well you perform in a training event you get like somewhere between 8-16 EVs for a stat relevant to the event in question.


          Of course that may be a ton of extra work I figured I'd mention it for the heck of it.
          Reply With Quote
            #180    
          Old June 3rd, 2015 (10:08 AM).
          Wootius's Avatar
          Wootius Wootius is offline
          Glah
             
            Join Date: Mar 2013
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 302
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
            I've taken a small break from this to play some rom hacks again but I'm curious; where do I find the EV reducing berries? Are they some of the berries mom asks you to grow on the berry farm? If so I would suppose that would make sense.


            Also did you ever consider doing minigames for EV training if you haven't already? Something similar to the 6th gen's super training I mean. I actually envision something like the pokethlon for EV training since it makes so much sense. In fact the addition of a pokethlon dome in general can add some replay value too (though that might be tricky since the only place with enough room is Saffron City and you likely got something set in stone for that by now).


            I mention this because you could not only do like the actual events there for the pokethlon championship but if you were to add an event training station as well that can act as like Super Training where depending on how well you perform in a training event you get like somewhere between 8-16 EVs for a stat relevant to the event in question.


            Of course that may be a ton of extra work I figured I'd mention it for the heck of it.
            I look forward to ya playing it again. :)

            Mom will reward you with two or three types of random berries every time you help her. You can gain all the berries that way, while farming cash!

            I've seen the Punching bag minigame FL posted and thought that'd be a great way to do EV train. I do not know if I'll do that for this game...

            But, we made it to the showcase! Woo! Just in time for the first pass of Phase 2 Rebalancing to be done. We're Kanto compete!

            The tentative new BSTs and movesets! All feedback welcome!

            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZtoTBCla8SAHPANgq8HZXGS7bgZAbTu9zUmMKWpnWy8/edit?usp=sharing

            And the new moves!

            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vykW7dfCZEQ07obf36dc-mUgNZgpY-5XoWTBdbxSDrI/edit?usp=sharing

            __________________
            Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
            Where every Pokemon is useful.
            Reply With Quote
              #181    
            Old June 4th, 2015 (4:26 PM).
            LastOne's Avatar
            LastOne LastOne is offline
               
              Join Date: Jun 2014
              Age: 20
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Careful
              Posts: 133
              Congrats on making the showcase. Wouldn't say it's an easy feat, knowing how much work eventing can actually be. Usually fangames make them feel forced.

              And the way the npc trainers are right now, I wouldn't really say Ev training's necessary. It's not Pokemon Reborn level difficult, since the gym leaders don't have Pokemon that counter their weaknesses. That's the kind of praise I've seen that game gets.
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #182    
              Old June 4th, 2015 (5:59 PM).
              Wootius's Avatar
              Wootius Wootius is offline
              Glah
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2013
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 302
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by LastOne View Post
                Congrats on making the showcase. Wouldn't say it's an easy feat, knowing how much work eventing can actually be. Usually fangames make them feel forced.

                And the way the npc trainers are right now, I wouldn't really say Ev training's necessary. It's not Pokemon Reborn level difficult, since the gym leaders don't have Pokemon that counter their weaknesses. That's the kind of praise I've seen that game gets.
                Thank you, I've tried hard to improve my eventing! I don't remember how far you've gotten.

                I don't go quite as far as Reborn, yes. Reborn's difficulty comes a lot from very tight level caps and a very curated Pokemon selection. As well as good Gym leaders with their new field effects. ;)

                If I limited my free hand with Pokemon more and tightened the level screws it'd be harder, but I like having a wide variety of Pokemon available to switch it up on the fly. Level caps got a very poor reception elsewhere and I know lots of people like catching lots of 'mons. Due to that though, a good portion of the difficulty will come from not taking four Ground and Lightning Rod Pokemon to Surge. Just take your favorites or that one that was always crap that you'd've liked to use.

                Brock has been wrecking face on the other forum this is on. First Leader and is very different so that's expected.

                Misty has a surprise or two for people.

                Surge has a few 'mons that don't have the standard ground weakness and a wildcard. Was buffed recently.

                Erika has a fire/ice counter and a cool wildcard. Might get a second wildcard.

                Koga will try to counter his obvious weaknesses.

                Sabrina is kinda mapped out and will be scary.

                Blaine, Drought. STAB Extremespeed Arcanine.

                Giovanni will say screw the rules.

                Blue is keeping that title.

                Any feedback you'd like to give on leaders/rival/story battles in a PM(to avoid spoiling things) would be welcome. I'll do anything fair to make the game harder. :D
                __________________
                Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                Where every Pokemon is useful.
                Reply With Quote
                  #183    
                Old June 6th, 2015 (4:12 AM).
                Wootius's Avatar
                Wootius Wootius is offline
                Glah
                   
                  Join Date: Mar 2013
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 302
                  Updates have stopped as I'm adding the Phase 2 moves and movesets in right now. Due to all the moves not being in, I literally cannot compile the game until they're all in. I also have to make new effects. And the data entry for putting the new moves in puts me to sleep. :V I have 7 more types to go put in.

                  So later today I expect to have that finished and a Phase 2 Kanto build out. THIS WILL NOT BE SAVE COMPATIBLE, as far as Pokemon are concerned.

                  Due to the new Pokemon defines file, Pokemon past #151 do not have new movesets or stats. So, if you want to keep playing with 'mons past Gen 1 ' stay with the current demo!

                  Phase 2 Johto will start today or Sunday. Thank you for playing.
                  __________________
                  Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                  Where every Pokemon is useful.
                  Reply With Quote
                    #184    
                  Old June 8th, 2015 (3:18 AM).
                  Wootius's Avatar
                  Wootius Wootius is offline
                  Glah
                     
                    Join Date: Mar 2013
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 302
                    Phase 2 Johto has started. Here's a preview. Likely to nerf other stats(the weaker defense) to compensate for the SS tier(140) expert stat. The new moves.

                    __________________
                    Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                    Where every Pokemon is useful.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #185    
                    Old June 8th, 2015 (6:49 AM).
                    looneyman1's Avatar
                    looneyman1 looneyman1 is offline
                    The Psycho Pokemon
                       
                      Join Date: Sep 2013
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 717
                      nice thought giving Meganium such high HP, seeing as how it's ment to be a sauropod dinosaur. When they reached full size, they were virtually invincible unless they were to trip and fall over somehow, so seeing Meganium with upgraded bulk is a excellent change.


                      Also what is Burp exactly? Normal or poison, I have yet to find out that at the moment. A lot of the new moves I've yet to check their typing.


                      Also hope that there's a chance we can see custom animations for the new moves in the future, it gets a bit dull not seeing what the moves do at times.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #186    
                      Old June 8th, 2015 (7:28 AM).
                      Wootius's Avatar
                      Wootius Wootius is offline
                      Glah
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2013
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 302
                        Yeah, it's the big old lump of HP compared to Blastoise's harder defences. I may lower Meganium to 140/90/90 defensively, but it really is just a support 'mon that can hurt water and electric 'mons.

                        Burp is Special Tackle.

                        I likely won't touch animation until the end, if I even do.
                        __________________
                        Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                        Where every Pokemon is useful.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #187    
                        Old June 9th, 2015 (4:44 PM).
                        mikethepokemaster's Avatar
                        mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2011
                          Location: kanto region
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Jolly
                          Posts: 306
                          Can you update the file to demo1.2 mediafire said it gone can put another link.
                          Reply With Quote
                            #188    
                          Old June 9th, 2015 (5:24 PM). Edited June 9th, 2015 by Wootius.
                          Wootius's Avatar
                          Wootius Wootius is offline
                          Glah
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2013
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 302
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
                            Can you update the file to demo1.2 mediafire said it gone can put another link.
                            You must have caught me right as I was updating! The current reddit link works. :)

                            I've also figured out how to record video easily. Something else to learn to edit now...

                            After Lavender you'll have two paths; To Fuchsia and on with the story or a small break to somewhere on the SS Aqua!

                            __________________
                            Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                            Where every Pokemon is useful.
                            Reply With Quote
                              #189    
                            Old June 11th, 2015 (7:37 AM).
                            mikethepokemaster's Avatar
                            mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2011
                              Location: kanto region
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Jolly
                              Posts: 306
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
                              You must have caught me right as I was updating! The current reddit link works. :)

                              I've also figured out how to record video easily. Something else to learn to edit now...

                              After Lavender you'll have two paths; To Fuchsia and on with the story or a small break to somewhere on the SS Aqua!

                              Oh wow I must be psychic now :P but I really am surprise that I contact you when you were updating.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #190    
                              Old June 12th, 2015 (2:05 PM).
                              looneyman1's Avatar
                              looneyman1 looneyman1 is offline
                              The Psycho Pokemon
                                 
                                Join Date: Sep 2013
                                Gender: Male
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 717
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
                                So later today I expect to have that finished and a Phase 2 Kanto build out. THIS WILL NOT BE SAVE COMPATIBLE, as far as Pokemon are concerned.

                                Due to the new Pokemon defines file, Pokemon past #151 do not have new movesets or stats. So, if you want to keep playing with 'mons past Gen 1 ' stay with the current demo!

                                .
                                Aw dangit.......And just as I had a fairly decent team.


                                Perhaps for the best, with Growlithe as a normal type as well as a fire type it has screwed up a lot of the equilibrium I intended for with my team. My plan was to go through a rush with my very first Red version team which was Venusaur, Lapras, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Primeape, and Golem. If Pidgeot were just plain flying as opposed to normal/flying in this that would help (I like arcanine as a normal type honestly due to Extreme Speed) since even with the strength the normal type has with its ghost immunity, a pidgeot ends up losing out on a few things that help it out. It ends up being easy for a fighting type to whollop it with cross chop or close combat for example, and in this case Feather Dance and Roost don't help it at all.


                                Then again if it used Roost as a pure flying type that wouldn't work at all. And the problem from there is if we were to change Pidgeot's Normal type to another, what would it be? Looks like I'll have to consider a different bird pokemon altogether or restart my game entirely and go with a different team setup.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #191    
                                Old June 12th, 2015 (4:47 PM).
                                Wootius's Avatar
                                Wootius Wootius is offline
                                Glah
                                   
                                  Join Date: Mar 2013
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 302
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
                                  Aw dangit.......And just as I had a fairly decent team.


                                  Perhaps for the best, with Growlithe as a normal type as well as a fire type it has screwed up a lot of the equilibrium I intended for with my team. My plan was to go through a rush with my very first Red version team which was Venusaur, Lapras, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Primeape, and Golem. If Pidgeot were just plain flying as opposed to normal/flying in this that would help (I like arcanine as a normal type honestly due to Extreme Speed) since even with the strength the normal type has with its ghost immunity, a pidgeot ends up losing out on a few things that help it out. It ends up being easy for a fighting type to whollop it with cross chop or close combat for example, and in this case Feather Dance and Roost don't help it at all.


                                  Then again if it used Roost as a pure flying type that wouldn't work at all. And the problem from there is if we were to change Pidgeot's Normal type to another, what would it be? Looks like I'll have to consider a different bird pokemon altogether or restart my game entirely and go with a different team setup.
                                  I'd go Xatu myself or Honchkrow.

                                  A Fighting resistance ability could be cool too for Pidgeot.
                                  __________________
                                  Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                                  Where every Pokemon is useful.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #192    
                                  Old June 12th, 2015 (7:53 PM).
                                  looneyman1's Avatar
                                  looneyman1 looneyman1 is offline
                                  The Psycho Pokemon
                                     
                                    Join Date: Sep 2013
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Jolly
                                    Posts: 717
                                    Yeah I mean we have Thick Fat to work on fire and ice moves already it would make sense to have more abilities like that. I think I got a good name I mind too; Brick Tough. I was inspired by an ability of the same name from the mystery dungeon series. In those games it bulks up HP but it would make sense to have that as the ability.


                                    Either that or alter the Big Pecks ability to make it resist fighting moves.
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #193    
                                    Old June 13th, 2015 (4:43 AM).
                                    Wootius's Avatar
                                    Wootius Wootius is offline
                                    Glah
                                       
                                      Join Date: Mar 2013
                                      Gender: Male
                                      Posts: 302
                                      Solid Brick is in, at 50% reduction. They'll just use rock attacks but it'll be nice for switching or the like!

                                      Slateport is finished! Here's a preview.

                                      __________________
                                      Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                                      Where every Pokemon is useful.
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #194    
                                      Old June 13th, 2015 (10:23 PM).
                                      mikethepokemaster's Avatar
                                      mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
                                         
                                        Join Date: Feb 2011
                                        Location: kanto region
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Jolly
                                        Posts: 306
                                        When or how do you get the running shoes please answer.
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #195    
                                        Old June 13th, 2015 (10:39 PM).
                                        Wootius's Avatar
                                        Wootius Wootius is offline
                                        Glah
                                           
                                          Join Date: Mar 2013
                                          Gender: Male
                                          Posts: 302
                                          Z button, talk to mom.
                                          __________________
                                          Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                                          Where every Pokemon is useful.
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #196    
                                          Old June 13th, 2015 (10:40 PM).
                                          mikethepokemaster's Avatar
                                          mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Feb 2011
                                            Location: kanto region
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Jolly
                                            Posts: 306
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
                                            Z button, talk to mom.
                                            Thanks :)
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #197    
                                            Old June 14th, 2015 (6:37 PM).
                                            Wootius's Avatar
                                            Wootius Wootius is offline
                                            Glah
                                               
                                              Join Date: Mar 2013
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Posts: 302
                                              So... close. So tired. :(

                                              __________________
                                              Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                                              Where every Pokemon is useful.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #198    
                                              Old June 15th, 2015 (8:34 AM).
                                              looneyman1's Avatar
                                              looneyman1 looneyman1 is offline
                                              The Psycho Pokemon
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Sep 2013
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Nature: Jolly
                                                Posts: 717
                                                You're doing great, I am eagerly awaiting the new version
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #199    
                                                Old June 17th, 2015 (9:55 AM).
                                                mikethepokemaster's Avatar
                                                mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Feb 2011
                                                  Location: kanto region
                                                  Gender: Male
                                                  Nature: Jolly
                                                  Posts: 306
                                                  Is there a Exp Share anywhere
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #200    
                                                  Old June 17th, 2015 (12:40 PM).
                                                  Wootius's Avatar
                                                  Wootius Wootius is offline
                                                  Glah
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Mar 2013
                                                    Gender: Male
                                                    Posts: 302
                                                    Vermillion City as soon as you walk into the Pokecenter.
                                                    __________________
                                                    Pokemon Rebalanced: Red
                                                    Where every Pokemon is useful.
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply

                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Join the conversation!

                                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 7:43 PM.