The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Demo Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

View Poll Results: Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?
Olivine City 3 50.00%
Mossdeep City 1 16.67%
Snowpoint City 1 16.67%
Driftveil City 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 2nd, 2015 (12:25 PM).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
    ?

Just used one in battle and the field. Worked fine and restored 25 HP.

You should update to a new Demo 1-2.rar if you haven't.
    I don't know, I thought it was all updated, it only did 20 HP in battle but 25 in the field, I'll have to double check & make sure everything is all updated to be sure.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 2nd, 2015 (12:36 PM).
    Glah

I just did it and it was 25 for both. Let me upload what I have now.
      Old June 2nd, 2015 (12:44 PM).
      Glah

DEMO 1-2.RAR UPDATED.
        Old June 3rd, 2015 (9:42 AM).
        The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
          I've taken a small break from this to play some rom hacks again but I'm curious; where do I find the EV reducing berries? Are they some of the berries mom asks you to grow on the berry farm? If so I would suppose that would make sense.

Also did you ever consider doing minigames for EV training if you haven't already? Something similar to the 6th gen's super training I mean. I actually envision something like the pokethlon for EV training since it makes so much sense. In fact the addition of a pokethlon dome in general can add some replay value too (though that might be tricky since the only place with enough room is Saffron City and you likely got something set in stone for that by now).

I mention this because you could not only do like the actual events there for the pokethlon championship but if you were to add an event training station as well that can act as like Super Training where depending on how well you perform in a training event you get like somewhere between 8-16 EVs for a stat relevant to the event in question.

Of course that may be a ton of extra work I figured I'd mention it for the heck of it.
          Old June 3rd, 2015 (10:08 AM).
          Glah

Quote:
            Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
            I've taken a small break from this to play some rom hacks again but I'm curious; where do I find the EV reducing berries? Are they some of the berries mom asks you to grow on the berry farm? If so I would suppose that would make sense.

Also did you ever consider doing minigames for EV training if you haven't already? Something similar to the 6th gen's super training I mean. I actually envision something like the pokethlon for EV training since it makes so much sense. In fact the addition of a pokethlon dome in general can add some replay value too (though that might be tricky since the only place with enough room is Saffron City and you likely got something set in stone for that by now).

I mention this because you could not only do like the actual events there for the pokethlon championship but if you were to add an event training station as well that can act as like Super Training where depending on how well you perform in a training event you get like somewhere between 8-16 EVs for a stat relevant to the event in question.

Of course that may be a ton of extra work I figured I'd mention it for the heck of it.
            I look forward to ya playing it again. :)

Mom will reward you with two or three types of random berries every time you help her. You can gain all the berries that way, while farming cash!

I've seen the Punching bag minigame FL posted and thought that'd be a great way to do EV train. I do not know if I'll do that for this game...

But, we made it to the showcase! Woo! Just in time for the first pass of Phase 2 Rebalancing to be done. We're Kanto compete!

The tentative new BSTs and movesets! All feedback welcome!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZtoTBCla8SAHPANgq8HZXGS7bgZAbTu9zUmMKWpnWy8/edit?usp=sharing

And the new moves!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vykW7dfCZEQ07obf36dc-mUgNZgpY-5XoWTBdbxSDrI/edit?usp=sharing

Old June 4th, 2015 (4:26 PM).

Nature: Careful
              Congrats on making the showcase. Wouldn't say it's an easy feat, knowing how much work eventing can actually be. Usually fangames make them feel forced.

And the way the npc trainers are right now, I wouldn't really say Ev training's necessary. It's not Pokemon Reborn level difficult, since the gym leaders don't have Pokemon that counter their weaknesses. That's the kind of praise I've seen that game gets.
              Old June 4th, 2015 (5:59 PM).
              Glah

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LastOne View Post
                Congrats on making the showcase. Wouldn't say it's an easy feat, knowing how much work eventing can actually be. Usually fangames make them feel forced.

And the way the npc trainers are right now, I wouldn't really say Ev training's necessary. It's not Pokemon Reborn level difficult, since the gym leaders don't have Pokemon that counter their weaknesses. That's the kind of praise I've seen that game gets.
                Thank you, I've tried hard to improve my eventing! I don't remember how far you've gotten.

I don't go quite as far as Reborn, yes. Reborn's difficulty comes a lot from very tight level caps and a very curated Pokemon selection. As well as good Gym leaders with their new field effects. ;)

If I limited my free hand with Pokemon more and tightened the level screws it'd be harder, but I like having a wide variety of Pokemon available to switch it up on the fly. Level caps got a very poor reception elsewhere and I know lots of people like catching lots of 'mons. Due to that though, a good portion of the difficulty will come from not taking four Ground and Lightning Rod Pokemon to Surge. Just take your favorites or that one that was always crap that you'd've liked to use.

Brock has been wrecking face on the other forum this is on. First Leader and is very different so that's expected.

Misty has a surprise or two for people.

Surge has a few 'mons that don't have the standard ground weakness and a wildcard. Was buffed recently.

Erika has a fire/ice counter and a cool wildcard. Might get a second wildcard.

Koga will try to counter his obvious weaknesses.

Sabrina is kinda mapped out and will be scary.

Blaine, Drought. STAB Extremespeed Arcanine.

Giovanni will say screw the rules.

Blue is keeping that title.

Any feedback you'd like to give on leaders/rival/story battles in a PM(to avoid spoiling things) would be welcome. I'll do anything fair to make the game harder. :D
                Old June 6th, 2015 (4:12 AM).
                Glah

Updates have stopped as I'm adding the Phase 2 moves and movesets in right now. Due to all the moves not being in, I literally cannot compile the game until they're all in. I also have to make new effects. And the data entry for putting the new moves in puts me to sleep. :V I have 7 more types to go put in.

So later today I expect to have that finished and a Phase 2 Kanto build out. THIS WILL NOT BE SAVE COMPATIBLE, as far as Pokemon are concerned.

Due to the new Pokemon defines file, Pokemon past #151 do not have new movesets or stats. So, if you want to keep playing with 'mons past Gen 1 ' stay with the current demo!

Phase 2 Johto will start today or Sunday. Thank you for playing.
                  Old June 8th, 2015 (3:18 AM).
                  Glah

Phase 2 Johto has started. Here's a preview. Likely to nerf other stats(the weaker defense) to compensate for the SS tier(140) expert stat. The new moves.

Old June 8th, 2015 (6:49 AM).
                    The Psycho Pokemon

nice thought giving Meganium such high HP, seeing as how it's ment to be a sauropod dinosaur. When they reached full size, they were virtually invincible unless they were to trip and fall over somehow, so seeing Meganium with upgraded bulk is a excellent change.

Also what is Burp exactly? Normal or poison, I have yet to find out that at the moment. A lot of the new moves I've yet to check their typing.

Also hope that there's a chance we can see custom animations for the new moves in the future, it gets a bit dull not seeing what the moves do at times.
                      Old June 8th, 2015 (7:28 AM).
                      Glah

Yeah, it's the big old lump of HP compared to Blastoise's harder defences. I may lower Meganium to 140/90/90 defensively, but it really is just a support 'mon that can hurt water and electric 'mons.

Burp is Special Tackle.

I likely won't touch animation until the end, if I even do.
                        Old June 9th, 2015 (4:44 PM).

Can you update the file to demo1.2 mediafire said it gone can put another link.
                          Old June 9th, 2015 (5:24 PM). Edited June 9th, 2015 by Wootius.
                          Glah

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by mikethepokemaster View Post
                            Can you update the file to demo1.2 mediafire said it gone can put another link.
                            You must have caught me right as I was updating! The current reddit link works. :)

I've also figured out how to record video easily. Something else to learn to edit now...

After Lavender you'll have two paths; To Fuchsia and on with the story or a small break to somewhere on the SS Aqua!

Old June 11th, 2015 (7:37 AM).

Quote:
                              You must have caught me right as I was updating! The current reddit link works. :)

I've also figured out how to record video easily. Something else to learn to edit now...

After Lavender you'll have two paths; To Fuchsia and on with the story or a small break to somewhere on the SS Aqua!

Oh wow I must be psychic now :P but I really am surprise that I contact you when you were updating.
                              Old June 12th, 2015 (2:05 PM).
                              The Psycho Pokemon

Quote:
                                So later today I expect to have that finished and a Phase 2 Kanto build out. THIS WILL NOT BE SAVE COMPATIBLE, as far as Pokemon are concerned.

Due to the new Pokemon defines file, Pokemon past #151 do not have new movesets or stats. So, if you want to keep playing with 'mons past Gen 1 ' stay with the current demo!

Aw dangit.......And just as I had a fairly decent team.

Perhaps for the best, with Growlithe as a normal type as well as a fire type it has screwed up a lot of the equilibrium I intended for with my team. My plan was to go through a rush with my very first Red version team which was Venusaur, Lapras, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Primeape, and Golem. If Pidgeot were just plain flying as opposed to normal/flying in this that would help (I like arcanine as a normal type honestly due to Extreme Speed) since even with the strength the normal type has with its ghost immunity, a pidgeot ends up losing out on a few things that help it out. It ends up being easy for a fighting type to whollop it with cross chop or close combat for example, and in this case Feather Dance and Roost don't help it at all.

Then again if it used Roost as a pure flying type that wouldn't work at all. And the problem from there is if we were to change Pidgeot's Normal type to another, what would it be? Looks like I'll have to consider a different bird pokemon altogether or restart my game entirely and go with a different team setup.
                                Old June 12th, 2015 (4:47 PM).
                                Glah

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
                                  Aw dangit.......And just as I had a fairly decent team.

Perhaps for the best, with Growlithe as a normal type as well as a fire type it has screwed up a lot of the equilibrium I intended for with my team. My plan was to go through a rush with my very first Red version team which was Venusaur, Lapras, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Primeape, and Golem. If Pidgeot were just plain flying as opposed to normal/flying in this that would help (I like arcanine as a normal type honestly due to Extreme Speed) since even with the strength the normal type has with its ghost immunity, a pidgeot ends up losing out on a few things that help it out. It ends up being easy for a fighting type to whollop it with cross chop or close combat for example, and in this case Feather Dance and Roost don't help it at all.

Then again if it used Roost as a pure flying type that wouldn't work at all. And the problem from there is if we were to change Pidgeot's Normal type to another, what would it be? Looks like I'll have to consider a different bird pokemon altogether or restart my game entirely and go with a different team setup.
                                  I'd go Xatu myself or Honchkrow.

A Fighting resistance ability could be cool too for Pidgeot.
                                  Old June 12th, 2015 (7:53 PM).
                                  The Psycho Pokemon

Yeah I mean we have Thick Fat to work on fire and ice moves already it would make sense to have more abilities like that. I think I got a good name I mind too; Brick Tough. I was inspired by an ability of the same name from the mystery dungeon series. In those games it bulks up HP but it would make sense to have that as the ability.

Either that or alter the Big Pecks ability to make it resist fighting moves.
                                    Old June 13th, 2015 (4:43 AM).
                                    Glah

Solid Brick is in, at 50% reduction. They'll just use rock attacks but it'll be nice for switching or the like!

Slateport is finished! Here's a preview.

Old June 13th, 2015 (10:23 PM).
                                      mikethepokemaster mikethepokemaster is offline

When or how do you get the running shoes please answer.
                                        Old June 13th, 2015 (10:39 PM).
                                        Glah

Z button, talk to mom.
                                          Old June 13th, 2015 (10:40 PM).

Quote:
                                            Z button, talk to mom.
                                            Old June 14th, 2015 (6:37 PM).
                                            Glah

So... close. So tired. :(

Old June 15th, 2015 (8:34 AM).
                                              The Psycho Pokemon

You're doing great, I am eagerly awaiting the new version
                                                Old June 17th, 2015 (9:55 AM).

Is there a Exp Share anywhere
                                                  Old June 17th, 2015 (12:40 PM).
                                                  Glah

Vermillion City as soon as you walk into the Pokecenter.

Quick Reply