• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion on hax?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
What's your general opinion on hax? Does it ever bother you?

Have you ever been on top of your game and completely outplayed your opponent/capitalized on their mistakes only to lose due to a few freezes, a couples of crits and several misses?

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
Generally getting lucked out doesn't bother me, as I can accept that it's part of the game, which some people don't understand. If I'm haxed excessively, however, I get a touch annoyed and I lose all sense of understanding.

When you experience an eight losing streak in UU purely due to critical hits and status hax, like I did once, that's when you draw the line.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
My opinion on hax is that I generally don't let it bother me. What bothers me though is when the opponent acts like it's your fault that you happened to land a crit or get a lucky paralysis or burn off of a 10% chance move or something. That bothers me like no other.

Essentially I dislike the idea of crits in competitive play, but other types of hax (such as misses and "paralyzed, can't move" type things) should still be around. Crits make 2HKOs OHKOs which removes quite a bit of skill. At least with things like paralysis you generally have to land a Thunder Wave which I'm sure isn't used JUST for the half speed on the opponent.

Anti

return of the king
Years
I was once playing a bad player who seemed content to let his choice locked Tyranitar (on eq or superpower) die to a focus blast from my Gengar. But it missed all four times. When it's super unlikely like that, it's a little annoying.

Otherwise it's fine. Some hax wouldn't even matter if people played better. For example, yeah it sucks when you switch fast Suicune into LO Heatran and HP Grass crits and KOes you, but maybe you should have predicted better? And if Suicune is your only Heatran check, maybe you shouldn't be so prone to crits or as Heatran weak if Suicune gets weakened? Hax is annoying, but it's not an excuse for incompetence, poor team building, getting outplayed, etc.

Freezes are the worst though. It's the only hax I ever feel bad about just because its effect is so big and you get it so randomly (and usually when you would have lost, I find).

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
I'm generally okay with hax, I mean a good team needs to be able to cope with a miss/crit/burn/freeze.

What grinds my gears is things like 6 Fire Blast misses in a row (has happened to me), multiple freezes in the same game or consecutive paralysis. I mean 20% is understandable but for like idk 0.01% to happen? Damn Showdown :<

Back