• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Google Chrome is a great side browser for me.

As for main browser...Firefox. I just can't stand the actual interface of Chrome for too long and I'm already so used to Firefox 3.6 to really use anything else as a main browser.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Why doesn't it surprise me that you have 50 tabs open at a time?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
^^ and the fact that my laptop is always on Hibernate and I just... don't bother to close tabs. XD;

You're too clean Nick. Be messy.

Years
Ahh I used to try and use less tabs when I had my old computer.

With this one, Firefox runs smoothly even while I have a good 90 or so tabs open.

Not to say I open that many tabs in one session, I just keep my computer on standby every night.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I've never had the need to have more than 4 tabs open. What do you have so many tabs open for?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I don't! I usually have about 4 open at a time.
This.

I have five tabs open at the moment and the most I've ever had is 20 or so and that's when I just get too lazy to close them out, but it never lasts for very long. Disorganization bugs the living crap out of me, so I try to keep only the minimal amount of tabs that I need to actually browse comfortably open.

Years
It's mostly a habitual thing, I browse a lot of websites on a regular basis and I tend to open tabs for each individual search I conduct during my time online—even pointless ones.

I do get lost in the clutter at times, but that's something I just shrug off...because I get too lazy to redo the same searches again and again.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023

I do get lost in the clutter at times, but that's something I just shrug off...because I get too lazy to redo the same searches again and again.
But wouldn't you like...end up spending more time searching for tabs with those open searches rather than just doing a fresh one? XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Anytime I have more than ten tabs open are when I open a tab for each page of something (usually comments on a news article) that I plan to read through. But when tabs start shrinking in size (you know, how when you open tabs and then they get smaller and smaller and eventually fade off the screen and into that little arrow thing?) I can't handle having too many tabs open at one time. Something about it is just a little overwhelming. I don't know what's what or what's where or anything. I really don't like that!

Years
Not at all, because it's not often that I would need to go through so many tabs to find what I'm looking for, and it's a rare occasion when I do.

More often than not, I only seem to go back on my latest opened tabs.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh God I have 102 tabs open, no wonder it lags--okay so that's like at least 80 opened from today since I cleared out tabs yesterday. I just know that Chrome kills the laptop if there's too many soo gotta fix that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Tut tut. Shouldn't be blaming the browser for your resistance to closing tabs, Nica!!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Oh you...people and your insane amount of tabs, I'll never understand you. I also blame my OCD, but man I just cannot stand having so many tabs open, it would drive me crazy. In fact, I have ten tabs open now and it's bugging me. Time to close some!

Years
Pfft, Nica and I can be alone in this category of people who leave too many tabs open for all I care. XD

This all started when I got my new computer, one could say it's a bad habit...but I find it convenient, and I'm sure I can't expect anybody to understand that!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Once I get my new desktop set up, I'm going to go on a mad dash of leaving as many tabs as I can open. Which in my case will probably be like 30 before it starts to eat away at me!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My boyfriend constantly has 5-10 tabs up of just Facebook alone. I can't understand it for the life of me...half of them are just the home page cause he never closes them out! It drives me nuts :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
My boyfriend constantly has 5-10 tabs up of just Facebook alone. I can't understand it for the life of me...half of them are just the home page cause he never closes them out! It drives me nuts :(
That...tends to be how I end up getting multiple tabs open. @_@ At times I'll have four or five PC home page tabs open and I have no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back