• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

// let's mega-evolve!

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

MEGA EVOLVE! ~ The Mega Evolution Club

Club Owner: Leijon
Welcome to the Mega Evolution Club, where we talk about all things Mega Evolution! Whether it be introduced or upcoming, you're welcome to join us with celebrating them!

Rules

1. Read the PokeCommunity Rules and Pokemon Clubs Rules

2. Don't spam! Really not cool and not worth Mega Evolving for.

3. Stay active! You'll only Mega Evolve once ;3

4. Choose only one partner!

5. Don't forget to bring your mega stones!

6. Have fun!

Username: Your PC Username
Partner: Your Mega Partner
Reason: Why do you want to join?
Answer a topic:

Partner Pokemon

Here are the available Mega Evolved partners you could choose from.

Spoiler:

Members

These are the members of the club!

Leijon - Mega Mawile
Sheep - Mega Ampharos
Hikamaru - Mega Swampert
Venitardus - Mega Charizard X
User 101 - Mega Blaziken
Endless - Mega Altaria

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
yaaay! approved of course 8D

Username: Sheep
Partner: Mega Ampharos
Reason: Although I've yet to use a mega on my team there are so many of them that stand out to me design-wise. The competitive battling system got a total overhaul thanks to these guys so there's a lot more to look forward to when you're in battle against an opponent that could potentially mega evolve. Also planning on using mega Sceptile on my team come OR/AS. :)

Going to start a topic since there aren't any right now that I can see. What's your favorite mega and why? Hard for me to make a choice since many are lovely but can't say no to that precious little mega sheepie. Also mega Absol and Mawile are absolutely gorgeous.

Years
I surely remember the good old days when you were active here, so nice to see you owning a club here again.

Username: Hikamaru
Partner: Mega Swampert
Reason: Megas are cool, and even a little OP but they totally changed the battle scene forever and most have really cool (and sometimes cute) designs. I pretty much find Megas very fun to use myself.

What's your favorite mega and why?
My absolute fave is Mega Swampert because well, I used a Swampert as my resident Hoenn starter in the original Ruby & Sapphire so you can tell how excited I am to use it in OR/AS. I also love Gardevoir, Gallade, Audino, Diancie, Lopunny, Altaria, Medicham, Absol, Mawile, Ampharos and even the unloved Slowbro. I pretty much tend to like cute ones you can see now hehehehe.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Username: Venitardus
Partner: Mega Charizard X
Reason: Megas added a new spin on battling when X and Y came out. They all are awesome in their own way.

i have a lot of favorite megas. My most favorites are Mega Blaziken and Mega Charizard X. Blaziken and charizard are my favorite starters of all time, so when they both got their megas, i fell in love with them even more. I also like Mega Venasaur, Metagross, Gallade, Gardevoir, Sceptile and Gengar.

Years
Username: User 101
Partner: Mega Blaziken
Reason: Megas are great because good Pokemon become great, and great Pokemon become greater.

Whats your favorite mega and why?
I used one in my first runs of X and Y, with it being the star of my team both times. Like I've said before, I couldn't believe that GameFreak could make Blaziken more overpowered, but they did. And I love the design.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Joining, for sure!

Username: Endless.
Partner: Mega-Altaria.
Reason: I'm personally am a huge fan of mega-evolution, and just wanted to help share the love here with you all. Didn't like the feature too much at first when it was initially announced, but it eventually began to grow on me, and was completely excited to see it in-person when X and Y were finally released. It might be sort of complex, which, I suppose, could be considered a down-side, but not that much.

Oh, gosh, there's a lot. Where do I begin? Well, first and foremost, I think I'm going to give a shout-out to Mega-Altaria. I know little to nothing about its battling ability, unfortunately, as I haven't gotten any chance to try it out yet, but when it comes to appearance, I find this Pokémon to be hugely adorable.

Next, is Mega-Blastoise. When it comes to competitive battling, this one could come very handy. It might be a little underrated, which sucks to see, but it does indeed have a ton of bulk, allowing it to endure countless amount of hits. Design-wise, it also looks quite tough. One thing I'm fond of in particular would be, instead of two cannons, it now has a huge one on its back, and two smaller ones on both of its arms. It really adds to its touch, if you ask me.

Alongside those two, I also like Mega-Blaziken, Gallade, Lucario, Salamence, and Garchomp.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Okay guys! I added you all! Welcome :33

Well, I really love Mega Mawile since it's cute, fab, badass, and part Fairy :3 You can't go wrong with it. I would also give props to Mega Blaziken coz he is too OP lol x3

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Username: Wicked3DS
Partner: Mega Charizard X
Reason: I love the Mega Evolutions. It's such a unique concept that gives the games a bit more flavor.

Mega Charizard X takes the cake, the design is awesome and Charizard finally gets to be a real Dragon, which is awesome.

Also gotta give a shoutout to Mega Pinsir. You won't see me crossing that thing anytime soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Wicked!

Unfortunately, I'm not as much of a Charizard-X fan as you might be, haha. I mean, it is indeed nice, and it's finally a dragon-type (which is a lot of people wanted to see for a while), which makes it even better, but what turns me away from this Pokémon is its color-scheme; to me, it just doesn't look quite right. It doesn't seem to suit Charizard in any way, if you ask me.

Yeah, Mega-Pinsir is great; it looks very intimidating. Battling-wise, it's not that bad, either, even though I haven't used it much.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
How did I miss on this?

Username: Yet Another Logical Nerd
Partner Pokemon: Mega Altaria
Reason: Mega Altaria is the baddest mega out there and there are others I like for instance Blaziken and Charizard

My favorite mega is obviously Altaria because of it's deadly combination of Fairy and Dragon. Looks like Blaziken's mega shine is out. Plus, I love the dezign and I am now addicted to it! So majestic...

P.S. If you are need of banners, I would gladly make some.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Username: CloysterOyster
Partner: Mega Diancie
Reason: Megas are awesome and the newest craze in Pokemon, so that I think is reason enough :)
Answer a topic: My favorite Mega is Mega Scizor. Awesome design and has gotten me out of a few tight spots in battle. So quick and powerful. Have been a Scizor fan since the Johto years.

I noticed you don't have Mega Gallade as one of the options. Probably should add him.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome, Logical Cabbage and CloysterOyster! We're glad to have you here.

Mega-Scizor is a pretty great Pokémon in itself, but I haven't had much luck using it competitively. Every time I tried, it would get taken down instantly, which is a very disappointing thing. I suppose I could be more careful when using this Pokémon and whatnot, but it's not exactly the spirit of competitive play; in most cases, you have to go recklessly and take chances to keep yourself winning.

Design-wise, though, I'm hugely fond of it. It's supposed to look like a ninja, which it does! However, I still think it should have kept a little more aspect off its regular form, which as the shape and structure of its head. This way, it would have looked much better, I'm sure.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
What do you guys think of Mega Sharpedo? I personally don't like it's design a whole lot, it's kind of strange to me. Hopefully I'm not the oddball for that...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Username: Denny Hamlin
Partner: Mawile~
Reason: the introduction of mega evolutions is totally the best thing ever. I really love Mawile's mega evo, as well as Charizard's X forme.

Like I said, it's Mawile. Once you mega evolve it and equip with Huge Power, it really does pack a punch! Almost OHKOing most Pokemon it battles against. <3

I totally forgot about Mega Altaria! It's a huge improvement, and it's going to counter most fairy-types, seeing that it is both Dragon and Fairy. :)

I'm not impressed with Mega Sharpedo, to be quite honest! I just basically see a bigger Sharpedo with a face paint. However, I'm curious as to how it does in battle, we shall wait and see.

Years
Username: The Dark Avenger
Partner: Camerupt
Reason: To ask opinions on Kanto mega designs, and discuss speculate about ORAS mega pokemon.

Right now, I am struggling to pick between Mega Camerupt and Mega Altaria as my favorite. I just love how they aren't just added tassles and bulk like some of the XY mega's presented. There was good intent in the designs, and they really improve upon the original design, and seem like a fluid part of their respective lines.

Oh, and my Mega Butterfree GBA sprite, what do ya think? I tried to work the heart pattern into the wing without being overly gimmicky or garish.

Mega_Butterfree.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What do you guys think of Mega Sharpedo? I personally don't like it's design a whole lot, it's kind of strange to me. Hopefully I'm not the oddball for that...

In terms of design, it doesn't look too bad, if you ask me. However, in its Sugimori art, Mega-Sharpedo's got sharp claw-like things around its nose (can't really put my finger on what they're called, exactly), but in scans, it no longer seems to have them, which sucks. If it had, it would have looked more tough, if you ask me!

I totally forgot about Mega Altaria! It's a huge improvement, and it's going to counter most fairy-types, seeing that it is both Dragon and Fairy. :)

Oh, it's also fairy? I had no idea, haha. That's good news.

Oh, and my Mega Butterfree GBA sprite, what do ya think? I tried to work the heart pattern into the wing without being overly gimmicky or garish.

Mega_Butterfree.png

I think it looks simply adorable! I'm very fond of how you made those wings curl, and all its general aspects seem to complement each other pretty well.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Can I join, please?

Username: Starry Windy
Partner: Mega Ampharos
Reason: I want to discuss the awesomeness of Mega Evolution.

Oh my, now I have too much favorite Megas that I like, between Absol, Gardevoir, Ampharos, and now Sharpedo, Diancie's, I like Game Freak sure knows how to make every Mega evolution Pokemon strong and good-looking at the same time.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Username: Synerjee

Partner: Mega Diancie

Reason: Mega Evolutions is a unique concept, that I can say. It gives new twists and turns in competitive battles and makes the outcome of each battle not as predictable as it would seem.

Answer a topic: What's your favourite mega and why?
I actually like a whole lot of Mega Evolutions and is extremely hard for me to pick out a single favourite, but I'll go with Mega Diancie because it's just. so. beautiful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
just gonna waltz in here if no one minds ^^

Username: Aslan
Partner: Mega Absol

Reason:
No real reason really - I just like the idea of mega evolutions. :) It's like throwing on a limited time power and transforming ordinary Pokemon into legendaries for a short period of time (or the whole battle if they wreck everything within a 10 mile radius ^^;) yeahh maybe the bonuses gained aren't of that level but the concept of mega evolution adds a lot of flavour to the possibilities of what could happen in a battle. :D Having your opponent's Pokemon type change halfway through the turn could make for some real mindgames after all. ;__;

also I honestly dont know what most mega evos look like (shh dont tell anyone ;-;) so I came here hoping to learn some more about them XD

Answer a topic:

My favourite mega of the few I've seen would probably be Absol. I'm not usually into the 'fallen angel' sort of concept that Absol seems to have but it's a really impressive and simple design which I like a lot. There are plenty of other good ones but Mega Absol definitely stood out to me the most. :)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Welcome new members to the club! I'll be adding you shortly!

Username: The Dark Avenger
Partner: Camerupt
Reason: To ask opinions on Kanto mega designs, and discuss speculate about ORAS mega pokemon.

Right now, I am struggling to pick between Mega Camerupt and Mega Altaria as my favorite. I just love how they aren't just added tassles and bulk like some of the XY mega's presented. There was good intent in the designs, and they really improve upon the original design, and seem like a fluid part of their respective lines.

Mega_Butterfree.png

Omg the Mega Butterfree sprite looks so adorbs <3 Will you make me a Mega Bellossom sprite perhaps?

Back