• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon HarvestCraft | Version 2.0

Should I release a next Alpha or a first Beta or Complete

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!
Years
It's been days now since my last update but I've been working on the storyline now
And the progress is fast, maybe.

UPDATE

I rescripted all the scenes from the start where you wake up to the part where you meet your counterpart/rival.

ZbXbTPN.png
H7sMGyK.png
dxDnjR4.png
vgI1StG.png

You also get your own pets (Skitty or Zig) Choose One

mJNf61j.png
z0j9QXL.png
dPmlIny.png
ubcXrMR.png

Last edited:

RuFF

Years
Pokemon HarvestCraft Horde Battles
It's not ASM obviously so its not the same as the horde battle in gen 6 but I think that it might be cool to have this in my hack. Its not yet official if I'm adding this but I really want this so,.. yeah. The fifth Pokemon has a chance to be a shiny Pokemon. And also sometimes they wont let you escape.

??? - Means its a secret (I don't want to spoil a lot)
Gym Leaders/Or the people that will give you badges if you win
Spoiler:

I'm gonna edit this post for the Bachelors and Bachelorettes data

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 23, 2015
This is an INCREDIBLE hack, OP. I'm serious, I have ALWAYS wanted a harvest moon/Pokemon hybrid and this is amazing. I hope you really flesh out the bachelor/bachelorette system & I would also love to know if we could have a child after marriage. If you need any help with writing dialogue, editing/proofreading etc please shoot me a PM. I'm going to spread the word about this. Keep up the amazing work.

RuFF

Years
This keeps looking so good. :)

Thanks, ^_^
Can have child after married?

I'm still thinking about having a baby. But maybe, yes. But it will be at the end of my to do list. I still have to do the story events.

This is an INCREDIBLE hack, OP. I'm serious, I have ALWAYS wanted a harvest moon/Pokemon hybrid and this is amazing. I hope you really flesh out the bachelor/bachelorette system & I would also love to know if we could have a child after marriage. If you need any help with writing dialogue, editing/proofreading etc please shoot me a PM. I'm going to spread the word about this. Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks, I really appreciate your support :).

As i replied to izaan_pokemon22.

I'm still thinking about having a baby. But maybe, yes. But it will be at the end of my to do list. I still have to do the story events.

Thanks, again, for all of your support guys :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 23, 2015
I edited the Title Screen again, what do you like more?
I like the one on the left :3
I also update the Hero Sprite You can see it on the title screen on the left
RSyV9qg.png
CinkKWB.png

I like the one on the left, because I really love the protagonist sprites! the next version you are releasing - will it be the completed version, an alpha, or just the next beta? :)

RuFF

Years
I like the one on the left, because I really love the protagonist sprites! the next version you are releasing - will it be the completed version, an alpha, or just the next beta? :)

Thanks, I'm glad you like the protagonist sprites :). I will be releasing the complete version. Hopefully, It will be release this july :)

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
yeah i concur that i dont really like the palettes colouring in the current screenies, just swathes of dull green with no variation.

but besides that, any hack that moves away from the usual gym leader/e4 formula is a plus in my book

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 23, 2015
Thanks, I'm glad you like the protagonist sprites :). I will be releasing the complete version. Hopefully, It will be release this july :)

I actually like the tiles & palettes, but that's just me - it fits the thickly forested setting of the story. The only thing I'd suggest for final release besides everything you've been doing is proofreading the text. That's the only issue I noticed with the demo, & only because the more 'polished' a hack looks, the wider audience it'll reach and greater appeal/interest. But all the original work you've done and the concept itself is a great foundation to build on. Like I said, if you need me to add or edit dialogue I'd be more than happy to do so.

RuFF

Years
I actually like the tiles & palettes, but that's just me - it fits the thickly forested setting of the story. The only thing I'd suggest for final release besides everything you've been doing is proofreading the text. That's the only issue I noticed with the demo, & only because the more 'polished' a hack looks, the wider audience it'll reach and greater appeal/interest. But all the original work you've done and the concept itself is a great foundation to build on. Like I said, if you need me to add or edit dialogue I'd be more than happy to do so.

Yeah there's a lot of spelling and grammar errors on the demo. I already fixed some of those. I'm not really good at making a dialogue conversation so I might need your help. But how can you proofread? Should I PM you the ips for proofreading?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 23, 2015
Yeah there's a lot of spelling and grammar errors on the demo. I already fixed some of those. I'm not really good at making a dialogue conversation so I might need your help. But how can you proofread? Should I PM you the ips for proofreading?

I'm actually not sure how to open the ips, I've never hacked before! So if you could just tell me how to open the ips to view the text, if that's even possible, that would be a start. I have absolutely zero idea how to hack or access a rom/ips file but I'm willing to learn :)

RuFF

Years
Hello Guys, I'm Back!! :):)

Sorry for i haven't been posting some updates this past few days 'cause I've been very busy a lot.

But I've added upto 58 new moves, Updated the Pokemon movesets and base stats.
Some examples of the moves are here. Some moves doesn't have the proper animations. I will add the credits of the maker of some move animations on the original post.
Spoiler:

Also, I've added to new items. Big thanks karatedkid552, who ported Dardarthon's "items use" asm to ruby. :):)
I6Vmpbi.png
rJTsbyT.png
EIWiqkf.png
6YTJFCY.png

That's all I hope you like it, Gonna sleep now. :):):)

RuFF

Years
I finally found out how to make my own multichoices :). But now I have to rescript evrything that has multichoice. :'( :'(
SdospU4.png
Yngpn5X.png

EDIT: I'm gonna put a list of things a have to rescript.
Eating Script Done
Tree Script Done
Vine Script Done
Crafting Script Done
Furnace Script Done
Torchic Poultry Shop Script
Gogoat Ranch Shop Script
Blacksmith Shop Script
Inn Script
Bachelors Script*
Bachelorettes Script*
Torchic Script*
Gogoat Script*
Skiddo Script*
* - Not sure if I'm gonna rescript those cause they're to hard and complicated.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
Minus the fact I used a cheat code to acquire it. Using Escape Rope in the cave where you get surf warps you to Petalburg town. Also why can't my Seel learn surf but my Growlithe can?

RuFF

Years
Back