• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Mansion Extravaganza [Halloween 2K18]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 18, 2019
What You Are Called: Goatboy88 - saw this on the discord, was like omg i gotta do this, forgot old account details. made a new account just to take part! :)
What You Look Like: Cofagrigus for the spoops
What You Are Doing: I'm gonna do White 2, since this will motivate me to actually complete it finally xd
What is the Answer to Life?: Emulate Winona by (eventually) living in Fortree too.
Room You Wish To Start In: I'll hop in room 1!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019
Yep, that's right. No-Slot Hex is one of the curses that can stack. He was complaining that the curses really don't affect his run, so I decided to help the fate to make it harder.

Well the curses wasn't really affect my run either (Until I have to grind that Slakoth to Slaking in 2 hours)
The newest one - Locke Clause was actually gave me big trouble because I have to play so safely so my main pokemon won't dead at Mossdeep Gym which always my Nightmare with 1 hit Psychic by either Xatu, Solrock or Lunastone. (Because I didn't get any Dark or Ghost in Emerald)

Also, I read "Reduced maximum team member by 1" to "maximum to 1"
Was about to grinding 1 pokemon to level 60 :laugh-squinted:

At least you can choose which one of the Ghost-Types to catch. I kinda forced myself to catch Abra for You?re a wizard, Harry curse in my run, because no other Pok?mon is available at that point of the game. And to think that I was the one who cursed myself...

Abra is hard to train at first but he will be useful later on so it is even.

P/S: Banning Flying-type will make traveling a nightmare now...

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm so you basically disqualified half of my team, including the primary means of me getting from Fuchsia to Cinnabar with Surf and the one Pokemon who'd learn Strength as well. You also cut me to 4 Pokemon for the rest of the adventure but I'm not locked into using Revenant anymore(even though he's one of my strongest Pokemon). So it means I'm going to have to go back and claim Bulbasaur from the caregiver in Cerulean and grind like I've never done before. I'm also going to have to swap AJ out for Rhydon since he can learn both Surf and Strength(not like I need Cut anymore either).

Hence my new team(after a ton of training and hunting for Rhyhorn in Safari Zone...).

pidgeot.gif

Valkyrie Level 50
Wing Attack
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Fly

haunter.gif

Revenant Level 50
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic <- Got the TM in Saffron
Night Shade <- for now. Might replace it with another move(maybe Double Team because I?m evil)

venusaur.gif

Shauna Level 50
Growth
Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Toxic

rhydon.gif

Patrick Level 50
Rock Slide
Strength
Surf
Double Team

I then battled Sabrina and sent out Patrick to battle her. I used Double Team twice to "power" up and she used Teleport twice in a row since her Abra knows jack offensively. It then used Flash on the 3rd round but failed to land before I OHKO'd it with a Rock Slide. I then repeated the process against her Kadabra and Alakazam and not taking any damage due to the boost in Evasion and her Psychic Pokemon fell to brute strength.

Will move to Room 69 and await next curse.

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #4 on Ruby:

• The Cursed Ground curse decimated my team, as both Rocky and Fungo fell to it, leaving me with only Brave left :(.
  • Backtracked to Dewford Town to get the Good Rod and fished up Beamer the Tentacool.
  • Went back to Mauville and snuck past the trainers to Fiery Path, where I caught Smoggy the Koffing.
  • Started doing a bit of grinding and training my new team members up while slowly making my way to Fallarbor Town.
  • Continued on to Meteor Falls and met Team Aqua for the first time.
  • Climbed up Mt Chimney, and Brave evolved into Swellow.
  • Defeated Maxie with a team effort.
  • Hopped down to Lavaridge Town, and took on the gym.
  • It took a couple tries, but I was able to defeat Flannery mostly with Beamer. Her Torkoal is a beast.
Screens:
Spoiler:

The Brave Investigators:
Spr_3e_072.png

Beamer the Hardy Tentacool, ? - L27
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Bubblebeam, Supersonic, Acid, Constrict
Spr_3e_277.png

Brave the Adamant Swellow, ? - L26 @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Guts
Moves: Wing Attack, Growl, Quick Attack, Focus Energy
Spr_3e_109.png

Smoggy the Brave Koffing, ? - L26 @ Macho Brace
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Sludge, Poison Gas, Shock Wave, Smokescreen

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_263.png

Zigzagoon - Cut, Rock Smash

I'll step on the teleporter.

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
This is probably going to be brutal...but let's do it anyway.

What You Are Called: BlissyMKW
What You Look Like: Staraptor
What You Are Doing: White 2
What is the Answer to Life?: 42
Room You Wish To Start In: 2

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Aaaaaaa did u know exams suck?????

Updating the thread soon, please hold for a few. If I don't finish before my meeting though this could be a long update

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
What You Are Called: Goatboy88 - saw this on the discord, was like omg i gotta do this, forgot old account details. made a new account just to take part! :)
What You Look Like: Cofagrigus for the spoops
What You Are Doing: I'm gonna do White 2, since this will motivate me to actually complete it finally xd
What is the Answer to Life?: Emulate Winona by (eventually) living in Fortree too.
Room You Wish To Start In: I'll hop in room 1!
I mean, your answer was objectively wrong, but I added you to the map anyway. Hover over your curse to see what it does!

This is probably going to be brutal...but let's do it anyway.

What You Are Called: BlissyMKW
What You Look Like: Staraptor
What You Are Doing: White 2
What is the Answer to Life?: 42
Room You Wish To Start In: 2
I'm sorry, did I hear "make mine more brutal"? Added!

Get ready, get SET, and go!

I'll have you know that the RNG gave you yet another type limiting curse, which I decided was a tiny bit too cruel (given it would have left you with all of like 3 types to choose from).

I know how much your RNG loves the lose-a-slot things, but apparently so does mine

Anyway, I didn't have time to update the fog of war, I'll do that after aforementioned meeting

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Set mode for the rest of the game. Why am I not surprised... and with no items makes this even harder... ugh. Either going to have to grind or do set-up with Valkyrie via its Sand Attack. At this rate I may be level 65 by the time I reach the Elite Four with all the Water and Rock and Ground Pokemon ahead of me. Anyways, I floated on a Rock Type Pokemon to Cinnabar Island with Shauna disposing of all the Water Type trainers for experience. Delved into Cinnabar Mansion(wait I thought I was already there!) and got the Secret Key from which Patrick demolished all Fire Trainers within, including Blaine. I traveled back to Pallet Town with Shauna gaining more experience and awaited my final curse in Viridian City.

pidgeot.gif

ValkyrieLevel 52(got some training to do)
Wing Attack
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Fly

haunter.gif

Revenant Level 52(got training to do)
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Night Shade

venusaur-female.gif

Shauna Level 56
Growth
Razor Leaf
Leech Seed
Toxic

rhydon.gif

Patrick Level 54(got some training to do]
Rock Slide
Strength
Surf
Double Team

Years

Mansion Extravaganza in Pok?mon Ultra Moon

vCPPpTr.png

PART 2

Well, this part was pretty easy. The curse was... welcomed, I would say. I'm still not sure what Pok?mon I want on my team and this curse helped me by reducing my team to 5 Pok?mon. So now I only have to catch 2 more. And I won't lose any exp by leveling Pok?mon that I would have to box in the end.

So I continued to Route 3 and the Meadow, where I caught Oricorio and named her Rosemary. Then I saw her back sprite and didn't want to use her anymore. And I realized I already have Ghost, Psychic and Eletric-Types and I don't really need Fire-Type. I'm thinking about catching Mantyke or Stufful. It could be fun. But Igor evolved during this part.

You know what was also fun? Beating Hala! I mean I had 2 super effective Pok?mon. What did you expected?

And with that, I pray for a better curse now! Btw, I think you forgot to include room 7 interactions in the main post so I had to find them myself in the plans... Anyway, I would like to try right teleport

Team

dartrix.gif

Harry, Impish Male Dartix
lvl 19, Overgrow
- Razor Leaf
- Growl
- Omnious Wind
- Peck

grubbin.gif

Fester, Serious Male Grubbin
lvl 18, Swarm
- Bug Bite
- String Shot
- Spark
- Bite

kadabra.gif

Igor, Mild Male Kadabra
lvl 19, Inner Focus
- Teleport
- Confusion
- Kinesis
- Disable​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 18, 2019
Forgive the lack of creativity or formatting - I?m limited to mobile for a few days while sitting my friend?s doggos. But, I just defeated Cheren, thanks to the combo of Snoots the Snivy and bobo the Riolu (temporary likely, not sure if aura sphere counts as bioluminescence but I was planning on switching him out anyway). Snoots took out Patrat, then bobo defeated Lilliputians with a well-timed counter! both Snoots and bobo are at level 13, with Mirandove the Pidove sitting in the back at level 9! We are ready to proceed deeper into the mansion, into room 7! ???? - Goatboy88 the Cofagrigus

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
You move to 666. Nothing particularly awful happens, but it seems your only action may be interacting with that suspicious box... Additionally, thou hast been further cursed.

Zemanahrad: I'm pretty sure ddrox wanted to say that you can try that comfortable bed or move to room 26.

I'm going to ignore the fact that the notes say that the teleporter from 7 goes to 17. Probably because there's no telepad in 17. Additionally, thou hast been further cursed.

You join the metaphorical party in room 7! Additionally... I think you get the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
No items outside of battle that aren't TMs. Well then, looks like we're off to a fantastic start. Other curses getting thrown into the mix will likely just make things harder for me, but we'll see how things go. Without further delay, let us begin.

Episode 1 - Super Spooky Mansion Time
Spoiler:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update #5 on Ruby:

• Caught Thorny the Cacnea in the desert.
  • Trained her up a bit, then made my way back to Petalburg City.
  • Beat all the gym trainers, then did some grinding to evolve Beamer into Tentacruel.
  • After a little more grinding, I challenged Norman.
  • His two Slakings are tough but I finally got enough luck on my side to defeat them.
Screens:
Spoiler:

The Brave Investigators:
Spr_3e_073.png

Beamer the Hardy Tentacruel, ? - L30
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Bubblebeam, Supersonic, Acid, Wrap
Spr_3e_109.png

Smoggy the Brave Koffing, ? - L28
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Sludge, Poison Gas, Shock Wave, Smokescreen
Spr_3e_331.png

Thorny the Quiet Cacnea, ? - L27
Ability: Sand Veil
Moves: Absorb, Growth, Leech Seed, Sand-Attack
Spr_3e_277.png

Brave the Adamant Swellow, ? - L27
Ability: Guts
Moves: Wing Attack, Growl, Quick Attack, Return

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_263.png

Zigzagoon - Cut, Rock Smash

I'll check out the window. That's a valid action, right?

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019

Mansion Zemanahrad - Pokemon Emerald #8

Spr_3e_289.png
Spr_3e_054.png
Spr_3e_055.png
Spr_3e_354.png
Spr_3e_328.png

• Go to Mt.Pyre
  • Caught a Shuppet, nicknamed Yami.
  • Went to Safari Zone
  • Caught a Psyduck, nicknamed Mushin.
  • Caught a Golduck, nicknamed Psyren.
  • Caught a Doduo, nicknamed Dualy (I am bad at naming ok)
  • Caught a Rhyhorn, nicknamed Redox.
  • Went to Desert Area.
  • Caught a Trapinch, nicknamed Traptrix.
  • Grinding Time! (Part 1)
  • Yami evolved to Banette.
  • Back to Mossdeep City
  • Saw Team Magma went to Space Center
  • Go and beat Team Magma
  • Got Dive from Steven
  • Go Dive and beat Team Aqua
  • Kyogre awake
  • Went to Sootopolis City and saw Groudon vs Kyogre.
  • Went to Cave of Origin to meet Wallance.
  • Went to Sky Pillar.
  • Grinding Time! (Part 2)
  • Awake Rayquaza.
  • Back to Sootopolis City. Epic 240p Rayquaza's action.
  • Went challenge the gym.

Sootopolis Gym Battle - Juan

Spr_B2W2_Juan.png

Spr_3e_370.png
Spr_3e_340.png
Spr_3e_364.png
Spr_3e_342.png
Spr_3e_230.png

• 1 Bulk Up
  • Spam Hyper Beam (almost died to Kingdra though)

Current Team

Spr_3e_289.png

Slaken | Adamant Nature
Level 44 | Truant
Hyper Beam
Slash
Bulk Up
Slack Off

Spr_3e_054.png

Mushin | Naive Nature
Level 28 | Could Mine
Dive
Strength
Flash (Just for the curse)
Rock Smash

Spr_3e_055.png

Psyren | Hasty Nature
Level 37 | Could Mine
Disable
Confusion
Surf
Psych Up

Spr_3e_354.png

Yami | Bold Nature
Level 38 | Insomnia
Will-O-Wisp
Night Shade
Double-Edge
Faint Attack

Spr_3e_328.png

Traptrix | Calm Nature
Level 30 | Hyper Cutter
Bite
Sand-Attack
Faint Attack
Sand Tomb

I will take the third one, from the left

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Here I was hoping to teach Double Team to Revenant to abuse Generation 1 even further but TM's are now banned. Anyways, the battle against Giovanni was surprisingly simple. I opened with Valkyrie who has a distinct advantage over Dugtrio because hes immune to all of his offensive attacks. Only thing that affects him is Sand Attack so after spending 8 turns using Sand Attack to reduce Dugtrio's accuracy to -6 stages, I decide to whittle down Dugtrio's hitpoints with a couple Quick Attacks that unfortunately miss because Sand Attack in reverse sucks. I keep trying but ultimately I get to -6 on Accuracy too. So I stubbornly try for another five turns to land a hit but to no avail. I ultimately decide that its time to swap to my sweeper in Patrick so he comes in as Dugtrio goes for a Dig attack. He pops up and misses thanks to Valkyrie's accuracy reduction. I then start using Double Team to power up Patrick while also making him harder to hit since Accuracy and Evasion stack. After successfully getting 6 Double Teams(effectively doubling Attack, Defense, Speed and Special), I unleash a Surf attack that OHKO's Dugtrio. Against Giovanni's Persian, the only thing that concerned me was that it knew Double Team but having normal attacks against a Rock Pokemon meant that I had the clear cut advantage. So I used Rock Slide and OHKO'd the wily cat Pokemon. Against Nidoqueen, Nidoking and Rhydon, Surf did wonders. I claimed the Earthbadge and will await my final curse. I will investigate the box in 666. While I await my fate for my Elite Four run, I went to my favorite training ground on Cycling Road and level'd to 65 for my run.

pidgeot.gif

Valkyrie Level 65
Wing Attack
Sand Attack
Quick Attack
Fly

haunter.gif

Revenant Level 65
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Psychic
Night Shade