• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
DISLIKE.
Spoiler:

As for the others, i either like, or feel indifferent about them.

EDIT: l0lz how could i forget about Emboar? XD ew.

I like the last four from that list heaps and heaps. Alomomola and Durant especially. This others I don't care for very much either, although Dewott is pretty cool.

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
Years
My favourite design of this generation is Scraggy, upon seeing him it has been my favourite Pokémon, I do like a few other such as Hydreigon, Excadrill and the starters.
I only dislike one of the designs and that is Druddigon's. I do also however dislike the winter form of Sawsbuck.

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
Years
Well.
I LOVE Klink Lines, Drillbur Lines
I Hate Pansage Line, Pansear Lines And Panpour Lines
Not Too Fond Of Volcarona
Not Too Fond Of Reshiram Either
Hate Munna Line, Too.
I Always Pick Water Starters. I Absolutely HATE Oshawott. It's Line Is OK, But I'm Picking Snivy Or Tepig This Time.

Years
Oooh, this is fun. I know a few people that refuse to play Pokemon Black and White because they hate the Pokemon. I wasn't big on them at first, but like a lot of people said, you get used to them. Also, most people I know judge by looks. Looks are okay, but I care more about how they play.

Favorites
Galvantula, Chandelure, Beartic, Bisharp, Krookodile.

Hated
Basculin, Sawk, Throh, Stunfisk, Watchhog.

I don't understand the hate for Trubbish and Garbodor. I think they have an interesting design, and the concept is unique. They're better than Grimer and Muk, which are just purple blobs.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
A lot of them have grown on me since I started playing.

I agree that Watchog is ehh. I think its design would have been better if they hadn't given it rabid-looking eyes. And the yellow stripes on its are out of control. They should have just kept his fur brown imo and kept it simple.

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
Years
I like Basculin in terms of design. It reminds me of Carvahna. Not only that, it has an understandable movepool and alright stats to work with. Sure its not the best pokemon, but a lot of people are underestimating it...
Trubbish/Garbodor has a good design. It's like the Muk/Swalot of the region. It's so ugly its beautiful. xD
Conkeldurr with bulk up is scary. Sure it may be ugly, but its awesome power should make up for that.
All of the ghost pokemon of Unova i really liked with their creative designs and awesome power.

I really despise a few Unova pokemon, even though overall, Unova had great pokemon.

Druddigon, to start off with has a terribly low speed stat, and can only work in trick room teams. It is the second ugliest dragon in terms of design, losing only to the hideous Garchomp. Its terribly weak (Even Altaria laughs in his face when it comes to BST). I will give it credit though, for its good abilities and great attack stat (but it's hard to make use of it when the Speed is so awful). But overall, this thing is downright ugly, imo.
Emboar- It totally ruined tepig. I originally loved tepig, but now i hate him becuase of this guy. He is very ugly, and its the third fire/fighting starter... But at least I actually liked infernape and blaziken, but for some reason i just can't like Emboar no matter how hard i try, probably because of his ugliness. i still don't understand how the cute little tepig evolves into this big ugly hideous beast.
Emolga - is an uncute clone of Pachirisu.
Stunfisk - Obvious. It looks like a duck covered with mud, then squashed flat. Pretty repulsing if you ask me. Not to mention weak.
Amoonguss - A pig mixed with a pokeball mixed with a mushroom. Their only purpose is to trick people into thinking its an item. -_-

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Pokemon design likes:
Carracosta (who doesnt like turtles?)
Galvantula (just looks cool to me)
Bisharp (looks like a megaman character)
Lilligant (looks, elegant)
Golurk (giant robot, what's not to love?)
Durant (looks beast as hell)

Pokemon design dislikes:
Leavanny (just bleh)
Klingklang (wat)
Emboar (just seems kinda sloppy to me)
Melotta (just don't quite understand this guy)

Overall designs are nice

Years
Im one of those that dislike most of them, Especially that vanilla icecream cone.....it irks me SOOOOOOO much with that uncreativity.

Va

PokéPost Editor
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2011
I only dislike the ugliness of some of the Pokemon, really...

PrimeExDeath

Master of Legendary Ice Dragon
Years
Well I Like Everyone Except for those pokemon whos like a copy from other gens like..patrat -> Bidoof..The Dark Type Cat...is like Glameow o_o

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Well I Like Everyone Except for those pokemon whos like a copy from other gens like..patrat -> Bidoof..The Dark Type Cat...is like Glameow o_o

Yeah thats because they are made to replace other pokemon. And I think Patrat is the best rodent pokemon of any game now <3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I am absolutely in love with Scolipede right now. It's the tallest Bug Pokemon ever created, and it's a monster centipede. I also like it because of the role it played in the anime, as well as its good movepool.

syotipoke

Nub3r Whatever
Years
Actually, in opinion, the artwork of certain Unova Pokemon are nice, and their concept is nice, though not all of them. I'm kinda used to them, though. Examples of Pokemon I like are Reuniclus, Galvantula, Chandelure, among others. I dislike Garbodor and Watchog though. It looks like its on drugs...

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
I really like how they thought up of an Ice-Dragon Pokemon aka Kyurem, I always wanted one since I was a kid. I don't like how Drudiggon is drawn out. Honestly, it looks like a character from a fast-food chain. The cloud pokemons are not okay for me too. This generation lacked creativity now, tepig was cute then when it evolved, it looked stupid. There are still more animals/objects/plants out there that they haven't used.

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 20, 2011
I am and forever will be a huge fan of Golurk, Braviary, Victini, and Chandelure. They're easily my favorite Unova Pokemon, although it took a bit to warm up to Chandelure. I also like Zekrom's design, especially the awesome blue glow ( :D ). Samurott is epic and is what decided my starter choice. Cofagrigas is better than I thought and has really grown on me since I first retched at its design (now the face cracks me up). Lillipup is adorable and Herdier and Stoutland are pretty cool. I also love Zoroark, especially with the strategy in its ability.

On the other hand, Garbodor, Kyurem, and Cryogonal are downright ugly, I hate Watchog's color (the design is fine, but the color.... BLEH), and Sigilyph is just...weird. Sewaddle may be cute, but Swadloon and Leavanny are unappealing. Druddigon is so close to looking cool, but the head just ruins it, and its stats are pretty bad (especially compared to other dragons like the awesome Haxorus or Hydreigon). To be honest, when the first Pokemon started showing up on Serebii, I thought this list of hated Pokes would be longer, but...they've really grown on me.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
i like most of the new pokemon tho there are some that i dont like.
they are
569.png

632.png
534.png

all others i find ok or awesome.
i love this one the most tho

607.png

Back