• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Join the villians

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
I wish that they give us an option to choose if you want to join good or evil,that might be fun.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I can't see this happening, but I think it would be quite interesting to have a little more free choice in Pokemon, at least in terms of how the story goes: getting to choose your part, rather than just play it, as such. Rather than outright joining the villains, I'd prefer who the villains are to be defined by your choice: think of it like choosing a side between Team Magma and Aqua, only more morally ambiguous. Pick the ideals that appeal to you and follow it through to its conclusion...or don't follow either and go down the standard "become the very best" path. Or switch sides halfway through. Playing about with the evil organizations would be an interesting twist.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I'd love to!! Certainly they would find a way to, later, we come back to the good side, but it would be awesome if we could play, even a little bit, in the bad side.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Even if it was something as simple as the thing where you dressed up as a Team Rocket person in HGSS and everybody thought you were evil, then Id still be thrilled. This would be really, really FUN but I'm not sure it would actually happen...

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
It'd be great if you have to choose between two gangs before you get your pokemon, whichever one you think has better morals, but you discover that they're worse than you thought, so you leave and they try and hunt you down because you've stolen a Froakie, Fennekin or Chespin from them?

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Good Or Bad... Should we have the option?

In every pokemon game, there is always that evil organization that wants to rule the world with some super powerful pokemon. In Heart Gold and Soul Silver, I notice we are told not once, but twice that it's too bad we don't join team rocket, as we could become an executive in no time. Since pokemon is evolving more and more, should gen 6 include the option to JOIN the evil organazation and move up in ranks, from grunt to possible leader? Most RPGS these days include a plethora of story paths to follow, but pokemon always follows the one... This could help the series in many ways, including it's problem with replayabillity (especially if you don't have online cotent). I dunno... what do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I doubt it.

The closest I could see this happening is if you joined the evil team not knowing they were evil. I think it would be interesting if they had an "evil team" that were a real grey area and not really that evil at all.

Evil teams in the past have always just had either a cold hearted gangster or some crazy loony as their leader. It would be refreshing to have an "evil" group who weren't entirely wrong in what they were doing. (I don't think Team Plasma really count because ultimately their leader was a power hungry loony)

I'm kinda getting off the point there though.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No actually joining the evil team has potential to cause the Pokemon franchise to lose sales. No parent is going to go out and buy a game the promotes their children into doing bad things. So Pokemon as a whole would lose its target audience. Even in Japan it would hurt more than anywhere else. That is why the option is never given.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
This would be fun. Think about all the all the trouble you could get into. Then again, it would really mess up how the post game would be. It would be weird.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I personally think they should never do this, especially since the player character of the main series is only just starting out on his journey, and first impressions of the evil team are always, well, evil, no way the main character would even consider joining them. Plus it'd mess up the post game, and we'd never get to hear the epic team battle music or team leader music, why would anyone not wanna hear that?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Well, choosing the side of good or evil... I can see that this can be targeted to more of the older-players. But yeah, while it can be an interesting concept, it'd be... a little difficult to put this all into practice, especially since the main themes of pokemon include "always love and trust your partners" and "do your hardest, make friends, and play fairly". And being evil... it sort of contradicts all of that. ):

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
No actually joining the evil team has potential to cause the Pokemon franchise to lose sales. No parent is going to go out and buy a game the promotes their children into doing bad things. So Pokemon as a whole would lose its target audience. Even in Japan it would hurt more than anywhere else. That is why the option is never given.

Well the option was given in Gen II right? However if you said "Yes" they'd say you're too young and shoo you away so I guess it was never really an option; just a neat little thing.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Unfortunately, due to GF's almost 4kids-like obsession with love and friendship, this will never happen, but it would be wicked cool. I would certainly join the evil team in a heartbeat.

Perhaps the enemy team could be more well-intentioned than older ones (Hell, even Team Plasma was just a front for "TAKEING OFER TEH WERLD"). Hell, maybe the evil team could be more like a team of Gary-type trainers (more interested in skill and strength than friendship). Perhaps in the middle of the game you would be offered a choice whether you wanted to join the team or not.

Really, though, I doubt we will even have a deep and complicated enemy team. They'll just be yet another group of weirdos in costumes who want to take over the world.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Highly doubtfull that it would happen, but i love the idea! I always wondered what it would be like to be a villan in a pokemon game

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd like to join the evil team undercover. I think it'd add an awesome perspective to the games - you get to be evil and be one of their most valued trainers, and spy on the evil team, then beat them all at the end. Better than just actually being evil imo.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I'd like to join the evil team undercover. I think it'd add an awesome perspective to the games - you get to be evil and be one of their most valued trainers, and spy on the evil team, then beat them all at the end. Better than just actually being evil imo.

^THIS.

That would be really, really fun. Ever since I played SS, I was disappointed in myself for not running around Goldenrod in my TR uniform to see what people say, and I would LOVE to do something like that again. And plus, anything with spying on an evil team is bound to bring in my favorite weirdo, Looker. AND THAT WOULD BE FUN, NO? ...Nobody likes him? What? Oh, never mind.

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2013
I remember, back in the day, at the end of the nugget bridge, you were asked to join team rocket. Each time i came past that i wanted to accept it just for funs, only they didn't let you :( So yeah, it would be pretty awesome

Years
The only way I could even possibly see them allowing us to join the evil team is if Pokemon became an MMORPG or something of that sort...

Although I do agree that it'd be incredibly fun to hang out with Jessie, James and Meowth (or whatever our evil team buddies would be) I just can't see it happening :/ I think it'd be cool if you started off a game as a part of an evil organization, but it put you in a good light and you didn't realize you were a part of Team Rocket or Team Plasma until the very end or something... but I doubt that be rated E for everyone, and is probably too risky of a business move.

Joining a team undercover would be awesome as well! We'd be like the (I guess kind of BW2 spoilers but not really?)
Spoiler:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
It would actually be nice to have an option where you could be on either the good side (where you start the game like in previous generations) or the bad side (where you start off as a member of the villainous team). If they did that, then surely it would bring a storyline where you'd go though many of the plans that the evil team would do and you'd do them.

But knowing Game Freak, they wouldn't give you the option to be on the villainous team.

Back