• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
You actually can get Victini/Zekrom/Reshiram at least semi-legit if you use an AR to remove the shiny check code and by doing this it becomes a regular 1/8192 hunt, just fyi. Cause I was contemplating hunting Reshiram this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvOIJGYqUZM <<< Click here to see
Anyway...
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 11277 SRs
Viridian Forest - 1300 REs
Dialga - 797 SRs
Yeah not too much change since last time I've been watching too much olympics (if that's even possible). I honestly have never heard the queen talk before the opening ceremony.

Last edited:
Years
Congrats Rykerr and danaxe (?). Both totally awesome shinies ;D

Welcome to the club danaxe and Damn Heatrans 123 (Hai ;P)

You actually can get Victini/Zekrom/Reshiram at least semi-legit if you use an AR to remove the shiny check code and by doing this it becomes a regular 1/8192 hunt, just fyi. Cause I was contemplating hunting Reshiram this way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvOIJGYqUZM <<< Click here to see
Anyway...
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 11277 SRs
Viridian Forest - 1300 REs
Dialga - 797 SRs
Yeah not too much change since last time I've been watching too much olympics (if that's even possible). I honestly have never heard the queen talk before the opening ceremony.

You SR sooo fast! And the queen thing made me chuckle xD

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
try again, sir. Victini, along with Resh and Zek in Black and White are programmed to NOT be shiny. the new version of those two in B/W2 though, as far as i know, CAN be shiny

Victini, Resh, and Zek can be SR'd if you use an AR to remove the shiny check (as was already mentioned), making them semi-legit.

Also, sorry to be a killjoy, but Resh, Zek, and Keldeo CANNOT be shiny in B/W2 =P

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-07-29192841.jpg

well, not quite who i was hoping for. im gonna continue hunting here til i get my target. i'll post stats next time

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome all new members and congrats on all new shinies!

Welcome back, TSE!

Sorry to hear about the Lunatone, G-Money. Several times I've looked at the red eye and wondered if it was the shiny form.

This week's random hunt is... Duskull!

Litwick: 2,802

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
Hello everyone :).

Its been a very very long time since I posted here and even check the pole community. It's funny as for my last post when I was around 14 - 15 years old, I sounded so immature well what I'm trying to say is that I'm back :D. Been focusing on studies and work these couple of years and I do play pokemon at times but I rarely hunt (SR's) sadly I lost my emerald game and all shinies around the same time I turned 16 lost all my shinies :'( on that savefile. Don't worry since that tragedy like I said I do play pokemon but not to an extent of shiny hunting I've acquired games like Soul Silver, Platinum, Pearl, Diamond and Black on my DS lite and I do have a fair amount of new shinies I encoutered on these games.

I'll be posting pics of my new shinies on my next post. I'm currently writing this at work on my iPhone :/ bored zzz.. Anyways I bid you all goodluck on your Shiny Hunts! I will
be SRing soon for my own Lugia.

Good to be back.

Years
Welcome back to the two posters abooove ^^
Thanks Latios :D
Congrats Keruso! ;D Hope you get what you want soon xP

My hunts, before I fall asleep... xD
Ho-oh: 11,725
Treecko: 6,550

^_^ Good luck everybody!

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Between EVing and training my Pokemon, I've had 2500 encounters throughout the wilderness of Unova over the past week or so, mostly Audino. No shinies so far, but the journey has just begun!

Been too long since I hunted!

im still alive

Welcome back!

please may i join

You're welcome to join the club as long as you're honest with us. Having less shinies won't make us think any less of you, and if you just tell us the truth we'd be more than happy to let you join.

shiny Giratina!

Congrats, rykerr! You're starting to rival Keruso now, getting 4 shinies in a month, "lol."

well, not quite who i was hoping for.

Congrats, Keruso! A shiny is a shiny. You're going to have to keep up with rykerr now if she continues this pace!

why not join

Welcome to the club! I hope you can reclaim your Snover (and maybe get a shiny Heatran as some sort of revenge? "lol").

Hello everyone :).

Its been a very very long time since I posted here

Welcome back, shinycollector!!!!! It's always awesome to have great legends of the past return to carry the banner of the SHC proudly into the future! *war horn*

I'm sorry to hear about your Emerald games, but hopefully you've gotten a bunch of other shinies to make up for them. :)

I'm back! :D Do i have to re-join cuz i was gone about a year. xD sorry about that.

Welcome back, SHINY CHARIZARD#1! You're still a member! :pink_smile:

The SHC chat has been closed. It wasn't really fair for SS01 to put so much effort into it when it hardly saw any activity, so the chat has been removed. In light of this development, may you be encouraged to post more! :cer_laugh:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
The SHC chat has been closed. It wasn't really fair for SS01 to put so much effort into it when it hardly saw any activity, so the chat has been removed. In light of this development, may you be encouraged to post more!

well, it didnt help that the only people who were regulars where me, TSE and SS01. no one else bothered to come

shinycollector

I'm back!
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
Welcome back, shinycollector!!!!! It's always awesome to have great legends of the past return to carry the banner of the SHC proudly into the future! *war horn*

I'm sorry to hear about your Emerald games, but hopefully you've gotten a bunch of other shinies to make up for them. :)

Legend? No way I'm one of them lol, It's just really good that the Club I've loved back then is still going strong till now. A good progress that never ends :)

Anyways yeah I've acquired some new shinies. It is saddening though when I think about it that I've lost my Latios and Rayquaza hard to let them go.

I'll try post pics later on or when I find time.
So far:
Shiny Suicine(WIN2011)
Shiny Rhyperior
Shiny Gyarados (don't know if this counts lol)
Shiny Noctowl
Shiny Lillipup
Shiny Rapidash
Shiny Arcanine
Shiny Rhydon
Shiny Aggron
Shiny Basculin

Note: I transferred these pokemons from different savefiles so really don't know the exact time or the exact game where I found them.

Likewise, Its great to be back !

I'm going to try reset my SoulSilver maybe hunt for a lugia?
Or even try freaking buy a second hand Emerald,Sapphire and Ruby in EB games so I can try for the legendaries there aswell.

Goodluck huntin!

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Sorry for not posting in ages because I was playing through SS trying to get to the point in which I could search for a shiny caterpie as its golden and I like things that are golden :D

P.s : Dropped the snover, cos caterpie is GOLDEN!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Sorry for not posting in ages because I was playing through SS trying to get to the point in which I could search for a shiny caterpie as its golden and I like things that are golden :D

Yet it turns out you only find caterpie in the v forest in HG soooooooo Weedle it is.

Last edited:
Years
well, it didnt help that the only people who were regulars where me, TSE and SS01. no one else bothered to come

You better start being a regular again in the new chat :P

Legend? No way I'm one of them lol, It's just really good that the Club I've loved back then is still going strong till now. A good progress that never ends :)

Anyways yeah I've acquired some new shinies. It is saddening though when I think about it that I've lost my Latios and Rayquaza hard to let them go.

I'll try post pics later on or when I find time.
So far:
Shiny Suicine(WIN2011)
Shiny Rhyperior
Shiny Gyarados (don't know if this counts lol)
Shiny Noctowl
Shiny Lillipup
Shiny Rapidash
Shiny Arcanine
Shiny Rhydon
Shiny Aggron
Shiny Basculin

Note: I transferred these pokemons from different savefiles so really don't know the exact time or the exact game where I found them.

Likewise, Its great to be back !

I'm going to try reset my SoulSilver maybe hunt for a lugia?
Or even try freaking buy a second hand Emerald,Sapphire and Ruby in EB games so I can try for the legendaries there aswell.

Goodluck huntin!

They're some dang awesome shinies! I hope your Lugia/whatever you decide on hunting goes well!

Yet it turns out you only find caterpie in the v forest in HG soooooooo Weedle it is.

Dang. Do you have FR/LG? You could hunt golden caterpie on there?

My hunts:
Ho-oh: 12,000 SRs exactly!
Treecko: 7,040 SRs

I might stay home most of tomorrow to hunt. I'm gonna need to chat!!

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Not much to say here except....
Spoiler:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The August Monthly Quest!!

This month is August, the month during which the town of Twinsburg, Ohio celebrates Twins Days! It's also a month during which the SHC will lend moral support to the Minnesota Twins baseball team in an attempt to prevent them from breaking the all-time record for losses in a season. ( :cer_tongue: @ Latios Master) It'll be tough, but the Twins have about a 1/8192 chance of winning another game this year, so they know what it's like to face the odds of shiny hunting! Let's show that Twins can be winners!

To complete this Quest, you must obtain a pair of shinies that are twins/rivals/pairs. For example, you could get something like:

• Plusle/Minun
  • Volbeat/Illumise
  • Lugia/Ho-oh
  • Zangoose/Seviper
  • Groudon/Kyogre
  • Tornadus/Thundurus

Or any other pair you can think of! Be creative and have fun!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Good luck! The contest lasts until midnight EDT on September 3nd, 2012.

Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
TSE has been kind enough to make a new chat for the SHC! This one has more features than the last and has been personalized for SHC use! I highly recommend that everyone checks it out!

http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub

No, not Emerald! :cer_disbelief:

*Bows*
LOL, no, really, I hope we get a bunch of people on there. It's real nice to have someone to chat to while you boringly hunt x3

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This month is August, the month during which the town of Twinsburg, Ohio celebrates Twins Days! It's also a month during which the SHC will lend moral support to the Minnesota Twins baseball team in an attempt to prevent them from breaking the all-time record for losses in a season. ( :cer_tongue: @ Latios Master) It'll be tough, but the Twins have about a 1/8192 chance of winning another game this year, so they know what it's like to face the odds of shiny hunting! Let's show that Twins can be winners!

To complete this Quest, you must obtain a pair of shinies that are twins/rivals/pairs. For example, you could get something like:

• Plusle/Minun
  • Volbeat/Illumise
  • Lugia/Ho-oh
  • Zangoose/Seviper
  • Groudon/Kyogre
  • Tornadus/Thundurus
Or any other pair you can think of! Be creative and have fun!

The shinies must be obtained by yourself in an Advanced generation game (or newer), and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Good luck! The contest lasts until midnight EDT on September 3nd, 2012.

Good luck and have fun!

Spoiler:

Obviously gonna go after Ho-oh & Lugia as twins. Now I have to come up with fun twin names for 'em >;D

Ending toniiiight at:

Ho-oh: 12,260 SRs!
Treecko: 7,440 SRs!

EDIT 3rd August 2012:
Ho-oh: 12,600 SRs!
Treecko: 7,930 SRs!

Last edited:

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012

• Plusle/Minun
  • Volbeat/Illumise
  • Lugia/Ho-oh
  • Zangoose/Seviper
  • Groudon/Kyogre
  • Tornadus/Thundurus

Do we need to obtain both shinies during August? For example, I already have Kyogre and Giratina and I'm currently hunting Groudon and Palkia so... =P

If not then hopefully Palkia and Dialga will both shine this month, since I will be hunting Dialga once Palkia shines. I'm currently at 2k Palkais, only 300 Groudons since I've been sidetracked getting a suitable Smeargle (Since I needed something with Spore since Groudon can't be T'Waved) and leveling it up (hopefully it won't get pwned at 71?).

Good luck everyone in August!

EDIT: Also... do shinies that I got before I joined the club here count for the yearly quest? If so, I think Giratina completes it O.o If not, then I think I only need an RE shiny to complete the quest =O

Back