• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Movie 2000 Edition] (Fin)

Years
Hi there, I'm really enjoying this hack so far (Mikan Island).

However, in Mikan's Pok?mon Center is a NPC blocking the PC for (apparently) no reason. Is that supposed to be this way (or already fixed?)?
I hope Geodude-A (and his evolutions) will get a boosted Special Attack stat, because it still gets killed by any Water-type it encounters and trades its physical Magnitude for the special Spark, which doesn't do any good with its current power.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2023
Hello, Pia Carrot.
I'm enjoying your hack. I've always wanted to journey through the orange islands. This is satisfying and then some.
One question though, I don't suppose Cubone is available at this time? When I saw that Alolan variants were present, there was one that sprang to mind as an immediate must-have if it was possible. Know what I mean?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Hello, Pia Carrot.
I'm enjoying your hack. I've always wanted to journey through the orange islands. This is satisfying and then some.
One question though, I don't suppose Cubone is available at this time? When I saw that Alolan variants were present, there was one that sprang to mind as an immediate must-have if it was possible. Know what I mean?

At the moment, it is not available. However, they will be available in the wild on Mandarin South island, which is soon after Beta 1.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I don't think that was an issue before but I will look into it, something might have been changed accidentally.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
BVlnrIV.png
NdKulZv.png
Njcmbci.png
qmKBedd.png

Moro Island and Golden Island have some interesting events happening :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
If you won't put the PSS, would you consider switching the places of ghost and dark type so that the former will be special and the latter physical? That way more mons of those types can at least use their STABs and coverage options off their stronger stat.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Golden Island complete, working on the long, long road to Trovita Gym now.

@Afterthought, I like that idea, I assumed that was how it was to begin with! Makes more sense that way as well.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Taking a bit of a break from the scripting part of the game again to work on adding new moves and new pokemon again, also development going to be slow again for a month or so as I have a college entry exam and another certification exam coming up.

Route 51 is remade, and Route 61 has been mapped, but not scripted. Route 51 was extremely plain before, it was just a small patch of water, so hopefully it's more interesting now.
kxDTQBo.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
New screenshots for the thread.

Spoiler:

The more progress I see in this hack, the more hyped I'm getting. I'm almost afraid to be too hyped since a lot of them sadly don't get finished and I've wanted to see a full Pokemon Orange game (in English) for a very long time. I know you and Rangi are kinda sharing a universe, which is awesome btw, but are you still planning to include the other features from Polished Crystal?

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
The more progress I see in this hack, the more hyped I'm getting. I'm almost afraid to be too hyped since a lot of them sadly don't get finished and I've wanted to see a full Pokemon Orange game (in English) for a very long time. I know you and Rangi are kinda sharing a universe, which is awesome btw, but are you still planning to include the other features from Polished Crystal?

Rangi's porting a lot of stuff from PC, and planning to port more (options menu features, etc). Pretty happy to have Dive and Rock Climb in now as that lets me design maps with a more open mind, now.

Shamouti Island will look very similar to the one in Red++ and Polished Crystal, though I will most likely put my own twist on it, as I plan to do with Kanto.

Aside from that not much else planned, we have been adding a bunch of new moves and the TMs are completely reworked. Working on adding all of the new Pokemon now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Cheats are somewhat broken in Beta 1. I got the Master Ball & Rare Candy one to work but the max money one no longer does. I'm guessing that's due to the code being shifted around?

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
Rangi's porting a lot of stuff from PC, and planning to port more (options menu features, etc). Pretty happy to have Dive and Rock Climb in now as that lets me design maps with a more open mind, now.

Shamouti Island will look very similar to the one in Red++ and Polished Crystal, though I will most likely put my own twist on it, as I plan to do with Kanto.

Aside from that not much else planned, we have been adding a bunch of new moves and the TMs are completely reworked. Working on adding all of the new Pokemon now.

I think having minor differences between your version of Shamouti and the others is to be encouraged, personally. It highlights the slight passage of time between all the games and can hold more narrative weight, depending on what you do.

I am a little curious as to what you'll do with regards to the game's length, since there are half the number of gym badges as in the other games, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see! :D

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Cheats are somewhat broken in Beta 1. I got the Master Ball & Rare Candy one to work but the max money one no longer does. I'm guessing that's due to the code being shifted around?

Yeah there's no guarantee cheats will work. Walk through walls should never break due to the nature of it, but I wouldn't expect a Pokedex or encounter modifier cheat to work properly.

EDIT: When the game is done I will look into making my own cheat codes. I also plan to make a walkthrough for the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Yeah there's no guarantee cheats will work. Walk through walls should never break due to the nature of it, but I wouldn't expect a Pokedex or encounter modifier cheat to work properly.

EDIT: When the game is done I will look into making my own cheat codes. I also plan to make a walkthrough for the game.

I'll wait until then. No sense playing it now.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
I'll wait until then. No sense playing it now.

Because you can't cheat? :S

IMPORTANT
Just want it to be clear to everyone that the game is for testing at this point, much like Polished Crystal. Anything I release you can't expect to work with future patches. I am building the game from the ground up so a lot of data constantly changes, lately I get a lot of PM complaints here and other sites about saves not working and other things that really are not important nor pertain to the hacks direction or improvement.

I am looking for constructive criticism, ideas, and just general feedback about the game. I make this game for others to enjoy and for myself to enjoy. I can't please everyone and I especially can't make the hack perfect every step of the way. There are going to be problems, bugs, base stat changes, new pokemon added, features removed, features added almost every step of the way. I encourage people to still play as the bug reports are invaluable for making the game better and bug-free.

We attempted to help with the saving problem before by putting Pokemon center data before any other maps, so you could save there. That works for some things but some things can not be saveproofed.

Lastly, I am not mad at anyone, and I will continue working on this hack as I have, and I also appreciate the people in my discord server for being supportive. I do this for fun and I don't have as much time as others to work on this, and most understand that.

Thank you,
Pia Carrot

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Update: Base exp updated, most of the new Pokemon are added now. Working on the XY and SuMo Base Stat Changes introduced for #1-151 in those games.

Movesets for the new Pokemon have been toned down to balance them for a generation 2 game.

Tangelo Jungle has been reworked, can now find Carvanha in a river based off of FRLG dex entry lore.

Senda, Cissy's little brother, now responds accordingly to whether or not you have beat her, and furthermore, the Orange Crew challenge.

Water Gun can now be found in Tangelo Port.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Okay, Pok?dex nearly complete, only about 4 Pokemon need front sprites now :)

All base stats updated, base exp nearly done for 152-253.

Possibly expanding water encounters from 3 per map to 5, for more variation.

UOG0pm7.png

Footprints were removed, I'm sure they will be missed (Gen 6 and 7 Pokemon do not have footprints).

Back