• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
The median's actually 1,420 eggs. (Half take less, half take more.) Those who've gotten them in less than this were quite lucky.
That's obvious, but how many people have reported going beyond that far (then again, several people give up)? Is it possible that some of the reports simply RNG abused their eggs (say, some of the YT videos or SPPf hatchers) 'cause there seems to be an absurd number of people finding them in <200 eggs with "luck".

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Wow I haven't been here in a pretty long while. Mostly because I've had garbage shiny luck last 2 months... But this month has seen a big turn :D

On June 9 I was hunting in the Desert in my Ruby for the Circuit and I saw this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/steelix14/DVC00473.jpg

Lol yeah really nice looking Shiny too :) Here's some more Pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/steelix14/DVC00474.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/steelix14/DVC00476.jpg

Then after the Tour was announced at SPPf I was doing some random running around on my Sapphire and decided to go into Fiery Path and saw this ultimate:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/steelix14/DVC00479.jpg

I actually took a vid of it, but my camera is circa 2002 and the quality is garbage (the actual mode to record that is called 'Email-Clip' yeah clip not video :p wayy pre-youtube)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3jH3yLhM94

Lol I was playing on my Gameboy Player with the travel screen on the Gamecube. Sring on the cube on the couch while still watching TV ftw?
More pics:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/steelix14/DVC00480.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/steelix14/DVC00481.jpg

Anyways I'll try to keep up more at this club too. Good luck everyone on their hunts!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
So while I was reviewing some posts at SPPf today, guess what decided to show its mug?

ShinyBaltoyAppeared.jpg

I know the quality is crappy, but it's a shiny Baltoy! I was able to snag it in a Timer Ball. The luckiest part about this capture is the fact that it has Selfdestruct, and it didn't even use it in battle. *_* Needless to say, I'll definitely be more prepared for next time.

More pics:

ShinyBaltoySummary.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...89839985285_1206924074_30583904_4208243_n.jpg

I'm training it right now so that it may evolve. I'm so happy I got a shiny Baltoy, even though I wanted Cacnea most; this is my first "random" shiny that I purposefully hunted for, so that's okay with me! I will random encounter for Jigglypuff and Tailow/Swellow on Route 115 next. On Diamond, I will hatch for a shiny Riolu using the Masuda Method.

Good luck, everyone!

kill and run

SHINY HUNTER ALL DAY ERRDAY
Years
hello all old members :D, remember me? give you a hint.....shiny hunter, shinylegendarys, shiny mr.mime?l... ring any bells? lol well the only shiny that ive gotten since my absence is a shiny houndoom in pearl, but over all no new shinys.

right now i am hunting for chainable shinys and sring for shiny drifloon:D wish me luck :D

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
^not really an absence as you got banned as far as I remember. lol. But yeah I remember you from about 2 years ago.

Nothing new from me. Still in the hunt for that shiny Giratina. But watch transformers last night and I am watching it again today so I am pretty busy, also back at school now, also driving test coming up. I am stressed out beyond belief, will get back to it more over the summer.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Due to the closure of the shiny club on serebii, I may be more active in this one ^^.

I haven't gotten any new shinies since my last post. I am hatching for shiny Skorupi still, as well as SRing for shiny Palkia in Platinum. I am on my 20th box of Skorupi eggs, I hope it doesn't take as long as Onix did(1503 eggs >_>). Congrats to new shinies everyone.

Years
Welcome (back?) to the club, KAR. While there isn't any silly grammar rule at this club, using bad grammar/punctuation doesn't leave any good impressions. Please get to know your shift key. ;)

So yeah, it seems like we might be getting a boost in activity with the Serebii club closed. That's the thing that really bites about Serebii--the mods are unreasonable tyrants.

I haven't had much time to chain for the circuit, especially since most of my free time occurs while in moving vehicles, which doesn't help while chaining in the sandstorm. =/ Trapinch chains also break pointlessly.

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
So yeah, it seems like we might be getting a boost in activity with the Serebii club closed. That's the thing that really bites about Serebii--the mods are unreasonable tyrants.

They closed it? Wow, what for? I can only imagine. *drama*:cheeky: Btw, I haven't really shiny hunted much but I have been hatching for shiny spiritomb. (no luck yet) I do have a Japanese ditto and a "home grown" spiritomb in the daycare so maybe I will get lucky. Congrats to all the new shinies, and good luck to those still hunting.
Kim

*edited because I think shinies looks better than shinys, even though technically both are wrong. :laugh:

Years
We must KILL SWEET MAY AND RUN.

No new shinies from my end. I've gotten many more Giratina and Zapdos SRs in lately, but my games are taking a break from being kind to me.

I'm also going to take a break from hunting, and gaming in general. Mainly because I should start focusing on my health. And the fact that I should give a damn about my education. But most of it comes from my idiotic dad, who complains about me playing even two hours a day. But I'm not gonna bring that trouble here. SO.

Good luck on all shiny hunts, and I'm probably gonna pick up on activity as well due to the SPPf Closure.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
As a result of Serebii's club being closed, I, too, will be visiting here more often.

My main target right now is Riolu for the Shiny Circuit. My total is now 253 eggs. I hatched about 206 Riolu eggs yesterday in what literally took me all day and night. Seriously, I had been hatching eggs from about 10 AM in the morning to 2 AM the next day, lol. I was also alternating between soft resetting for Mewtwo and wild hunting in Ruby.

My reason for hunting Riolu so heavily now is that I'd like to get to the fifth leg and actually attempt to fish for a shiny on FR. Winning the circuit isn't a priority for me; if I could, I would fish now and hatch for Riolu at a later date. But I figured that since I was already on the fourth leg, and since I wasn't really hunting for anything important in Diamond, why not get the fourth leg over with?

I believe I am getting MPR today. If not, I will probably get it sometime during the week. I will be transferring over the hundreds of clones of shinies I have on my Diamond version and storing them there for future use. With the free box space, I can keep track of how many eggs I hatch more easily than abitrarily visiting the Jubilife TV Station.

My hunts on Pearl, Platinum, and LeafGreen remain the same. I haven't touched Palkia and Raikou in a minute, but I've been doing about ten soft resets for Giratina every other day now.

I probably won't be able to hunt a lot today, seeing as how it's Father's Day, but something in my gut tells me that I'm getting a shiny soon. I am feeling lucky! *crosses fingers*

Good luck, everyone.

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
^ I hope you're hatching for a shiny Snorlax or something! It sounds to me like the pokemon you're hatching for are the ones whose eggs take normally 10240 steps to hatch, which is stuff like Bagon and Gible. Gible isn't worth it, and Bagon is chainable...

*goes to Serebii Dex*

Here's in interesting video that I thought you guys might enjoy. Lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSnv3kZ9T50

Years
And you're bragging? gtfo, please.

Nothing new for me. Also, that was a neat vid, Fufu. I've only seen the Groudon hack.

Good luck, all.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I doubt he's bragging, Mence. No need to jump to conclusions.

Well, my breeding was sidetracked by some EV training I had to do...but now I'm back on track. I've hatched somewhere around 320 eggs total...I wonder if I can get it under 500 eggs? I doubt it, but hey, a shiny hunter can dream...

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
And you're bragging? gtfo, please.

Nothing new for me. Also, that was a neat vid, Fufu. I've only seen the Groudon hack.

Good luck, all.
LOL, I bet he was joking because MM chastised him for his bad grammar/punctuation. If that indeed was the reason for the closure, then that club was way too uptight.

*edit* I meant to say Hi Fufu! Long time no see. MM, you too! and everyone else actually, from "the old days".

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
Wow i haven't posted here in a long time and since then I've only gotten 1 shiny, a duskull, that i randomly hatched, but thats been it.

Good to see some old faces around here as I to will start shiny hunting again, and my first target will be munchlax.

Good luck to everyone on there hunts.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
^ I hope you're hatching for a shiny Snorlax or something! It sounds to me like the pokemon you're hatching for are the ones whose eggs take normally 10240 steps to hatch, which is stuff like Bagon and Gible. Gible isn't worth it, and Bagon is chainable...

*goes to Serebii Dex*

Here's in interesting video that I thought you guys might enjoy. Lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSnv3kZ9T50

Actually, it is a Pokemon from R/S/E. I've only seen ONE person with it, so I thought I'd go for it. And yes Serebii said it was 10240 steps but all of them takes around 6k-6.8k to hatch. @_@ I just hatched 90 of them, hopefully it comes before 400

OMG ITS GRACEFULLLLLLLLLLL =DDD!

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
Years
Hey kim :D

and i wasnt bragggin and who do you think you are to tell me to get the F out? ive been on this club prlly way b4 you even knew wat shiny hunting was, so watch wat you say.

Anyways, no new shinys, havent rlly been hunting today, going to do some more softe resets in a little bit for shiny Drifloon. well good luck everyone.

I can tell that grammar is your friend.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Do we really need to bring the grammar issue over here? Honestly. -_-;

I ended up hatching bring my total for Riolu eggs up to 365. I didn't hatch as much as I wanted to yesterday, as I predicted. It was Father's Day, AND I had to do some EV-training.

I'll be hatching until I get to 500 eggs today. Then I will switch to SRing for a shiny Giratina. There are many chaining targets that I want from Platinum after all (Gligar, Houndour, Slowpoke??? Yes please!).

Additionally, I will be alternating between random encountering on Route 115 and SRing for another shiny Mewtwo on FR while I hunt on the 4th Gen. *prays for a shiny Jigglypuff*

Good luck, everyone.

Edit: Oh, wow, Akidatheart, I hadn't even noticed that you posted! Sorry for not responding sooner! How have you been? It's good to see you're still shiny hunting.

I'm currently going through my old posts so that I can determine the exact dates of when I encountered all (except for Wingull and Abra) of my 1/8192 shinies.

Last edited:
Years
k & r, don't get this club closed. We'll mob you.

I did a bunch of Giratina SRs last night, and I'll carry on with it today. I'll probably do a bit of Treecko hunting and Zapdos hunting in Ruby and LeafGreen.

Congratulations on all new shinies, dawgz.

Nice to see so much activity springing out of the club as of late. o:

Good luck, all.

Back