Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread

Old December 29th, 2012 (4:23 PM).
ASTRO

Nature: Relaxed
The only reason why I don't think that it will be a Wi-Fi is because Genesect was viewed as a major announcement IIRC and as far as I'm concerned that wasn't announced long ago and is still running. I think if it is a main game, regardless of what it may be we will have a better idea of if or when we will be seeing the remakes.
Old December 29th, 2012 (4:45 PM). Edited December 29th, 2012 by MiTjA.
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
    Yeh, the still NON-SHINY Genesect will only begin distribution mid-January, and the Shiny Genesect to follow as the pre-order event...it wouldn't make sense to announce any random event now, unless it was the main-movie event.

...When was Celebi revealed for the Zoroark movie?
    "Scans from the May 2010 issue of CoroCoro have revealed more information on the Movie 13 Pokémon distributions. The attacks and held items of the alternate color Legendary beasts have been revealed, as well as an announcement that movie-goers will be able to obtain a Fateful Encounter Celebi at the theater."

So seeing how the shiny Genesect is the equivalent to the shiny beasts back then, the "Celebi" should come later lol.

From the looks of it, seems we are definitely getting either of these:
    -gen VI/game announcement
    -silhouette of the actual star in M16

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PokeInfuse View Post
    First of all, i stated my opinion, and you seem to be flying off the handle just to tell me my opinion is wrong.
    Thats not what this is for.
    In my opinion, some of the Gen V pokemon DO look strange and misplaced.
    Its just when you state a particular reason that obviously applies to pokemon since the beginning that Ill start pointing it out, like just refering to Trubbish when it is clearly a fresh and creative new take on Grimer.
    If your opinion is that you chose to dislike some gen V designs for no particular reason, well so be it. But that has nothing to do about whether there is any decrease in quality or lack of ideas imminent, which is what I was addressing.
    Old December 29th, 2012 (5:06 PM).

Nature: Hasty
      I remember Mastuda being in a Movie Preview that correspoinded to a game and he's been invited for lesser "Surprising Announcements" as stated before.

They have almost guaranteed something brand spanking new with their Post Card/Greeting Card to that Japanese Magazine. Its not too far off that its not a coincidence. What could be airing is this "Continued Evolution of the Pokemon World". We could get something brand new, never been done before.

As for the Anniversary, Gen 3 Anniversary is over. It passed and we got Downloads for it in Japan, that was pretty much it. Very little chance of that passing into the US so far.

We still have the mystery Watches from the movie merchandise, and as it was said, Matsuda could be there to unveil the star or a Co-Star or even a Pokemon that plays a small pivital role like the Spiked Ear Pichu in the Arceus Movie.
      Old December 29th, 2012 (7:39 PM). Edited December 29th, 2012 by crystalzapdos.

Quote:
        This could also possibly be to do with the new film coming in 2013 ? With Gensect.
        Or possibly an announcement of the next gen. It's hard to tell when there's a fair few theories. Heck, it could also possibly be to do with the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ?
        It wouldn't have anything to do with spin-offs because Gamefreak doesn't make them.

Quote:
        Would they really put a teaser like that in for a Wifi Event ?
        (I've never caught a WiFi event in time so i wouldn't know)
        They've done it before. I think its unlikely to be an event, but its not out of the question.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MiTjA View Post

From the looks of it, seems we are definitely getting either of these:
        -gen VI/game announcement
        -silhouette of the actual star in M16
        This pretty much sums up what I think about it, though I think the second one is more likely.
        They could reveal the silhouette on Pokemon Smash and then reveal the Pokemon this month's coro-coro, much like they did with Zorark.
        Old December 30th, 2012 (4:46 AM). Edited December 30th, 2012 by Oshakpop.

Most of the possible scenarios of the announcement:
          - Silhouette of a new Pokémon in relation to the next movie
          - Silhouette of a new Pokémon in relation to the games.- Brand new main series game announced
          - Remakes announced
          - Wi-Fi event for a Pokémon in the next movie not yet revealed that we already know of (so any Gen 5 and below Pokémon)
          - Wi-Fi event to tie into some sort of event that's coming up (I don't know something like National Eevee Day or something lol)- Wi-Fi event to tie into Pokémon Black 2/White 2.
          - Wi-Fi event to tie into Mystery Dungeon.
          - A side-game announced.

And from most of these, it's likely that it's more likely to be one of the "big ones" opposed to something little. But the fact that the teaser was after the broadcast of a game trailer it seems more likely to be about the games, whereas they could have just aired a trailer after a Pokémon episode aired if it was about the anime. But at the same time, a silhouette of a Pokémon doesn't mean "new games coming this year". Like before, Pokémon have been revealed before but their respective games haven't been released for a year or more. They could reveal a new Pokémon and it's only available in some 3DS side game as the pathway between the two generations.

Think about it. Some new side game featuring the usual Pokémon is released, however there is a small group of brand new Pokémon in it. They aren't compatible with the past games, but then a year later the first generation VI game is released where you can transfer Pokémon from the side game to the main series game.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE | MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
          Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Old December 30th, 2012 (5:55 AM).

I think they'd just release the main series game instead of a pathway game.A pathway game just seems unnecessary to me.
            Old December 30th, 2012 (6:36 AM).
            ASTRO

I can't see it being a spin-off, like I say I think we've had enough for Generation V. I do see it as perfect timing for Remakes but then again, it could just as easily be something else.
            Old December 30th, 2012 (4:21 PM).

Hoenn remakes that's what I hope.
              Old December 30th, 2012 (4:42 PM).
              <Now who's awesome!

It won't be a spin off, Game Freak made the announcement and they do not make Spin offs.

If it's an event I can see it connecting to the next games like Arceus, Celebi, E/R/S did.
                Old December 30th, 2012 (6:57 PM).

Where does it say Game Freak made the announcement? I don't think that has been confirmed anywhere. I do hope you are right though, I just haven't seen that it was Game Freak that issued the statement.
                  Old December 30th, 2012 (7:35 PM).

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
                    Where does it say Game Freak made the announcement? I don't think that has been confirmed anywhere. I do hope you are right though, I just haven't seen that it was Game Freak that issued the statement.
                    Which announcement are you referring to? The one where everyone accepts the Gen 6 idea? Or that something big is coming on January 8th?

If the first one, a Magazine that posts Pokemon news printed that they got a Greeting Card saying that Gamefreak was furthering the "Evolution of the Pokemon World". It pretty much boils down to possible Gen 6 confirmation.

If its the January thing, Junichi Matsuda posted on Twitter sometime early this month that he filmed an episode of Pokemon Smash (Which is airing on the 6th, not the 8th). Recently after an episode of Pokemon they showed a commercial saying that there was news coming out on January 8th.

Honestly, I think that's just a longer sneak preview of the Opening episode to the new N/Plasma Arc which airs on the 17th since Smash is airing on the Sunday, 6th, and not on the 8th. Matsuda is going to be with one of his Programmers on the 6th as per Matsuda tweet.

So now I don't think the January 8th Announcement is anything other than a longer clip for the episode to air on the 17th or a better Movie Preview.
                    Old December 30th, 2012 (9:17 PM).
                    What is out there?

Nature: Adamant
                      It's that time again with possible next gen speculation. Ohh, I love it.

Current Live Update: Build 3.0 RC 2.73 No more Flag Errors!
                      Always periodically make backup saves!
                      Old December 30th, 2012 (9:18 PM).

If a new Gen is indeed coming in 2013, then I still expect an announcement in January like they did with Gen V in January 2010. So even if the January 8 announcement isnt it, I'm still expecting them to announce it sometime later in the month.

I can see what you are saying about them just showing a longer sneek peek of the upcoming anime arc, but think about it - why would they put that on a Tuesday when there is no related Pokemon shows that day? You would think they would show that on Smash, or on Thursday after the Pokemon episode airs. Tuesday wouldn't really make sense, which makes me think its not anime related at all.

As for Masuda/Morimoto appearing on Smash, apparently its just for a B2W2 tournament. Masuda has appeared before for these kind of things. However, I feel almost certain that Smash will foreshadow the announcement for January 8th.

They didn't really give us much to go off of in regards to the announcement, just that something will be announced on January 8th so we will surely have to get more details on the announcement soon such as a time etc, so Im sure Smash will foreshadow it. If it's going to be a game announcement, it would make sense for Masuda/Morimoto to foreshadow it at the end of the episode.

Im pretty certain Gen VI is next at this point, I just really do hope the remakes will come after it.
                        Old December 31st, 2012 (11:08 AM).
                        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline
                        10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
                          Me too, especially with their expansion comment which reminds me of the reboot comment about Generation V during that generation's time of announcement.
                          If they are 6th generation than I expect it to look something like this:

New duo Main games 2013
                          Frlg remakes early in 2014 for their 10th anniversity
                          late 2014 or early 2015 Hoenn remakes.
                          2015/6 Third game/ Sequels.

Anyways I hope I'm right about Hoenn remakes...
                          Old December 31st, 2012 (12:43 PM).
                          The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                            Me too, especially with their expansion comment which reminds me of the reboot comment about Generation V during that generation's time of announcement.
                            If they are 6th generation than I expect it to look something like this:

New duo Main games 2013
                            Frlg remakes early in 2014 for their 10th anniversity
                            late 2014 or early 2015 Hoenn remakes.
                            2015/6 Third game/ Sequels.

Anyways I hope I'm right about Hoenn remakes...

Frlg remakes? you mean the remakes of red and and blue? i don't think so, but the rest of your ideas seem legit
                            Old December 31st, 2012 (2:58 PM).
                            ASTRO

This announcement that is imminent is interesting, it actually could possibly be RS Remakes.
                            Old December 31st, 2012 (3:34 PM).
                            Probably IV/HA/Shiny Breeding

Nature: Timid
                            Its also the day before my birthday :3
                            Looking forward to looking forward to something. :P
                            Old December 31st, 2012 (4:34 PM).

As long as Game Freak/Nintendo doesn't have a year gap, then I'll be fine. I'm worried that Gen VI will be released in 2013, and then we wont get any game in 2014.

Ever since R/S, they have left the year after a main generation's release empty with no mainline released. After R/S was released in 2002, there was nothing in 2003. After D/P were released in 2006, there was nothing in 2007. After B/W were released in 2010, there was nothing in 2011. If Gen VI comes in 2013, does that mean they will leave 2014 empty? Japan just had the gap year in 2011, and they released

The gap years seem to have been (I'm not counting 2005 since we had FR/LG and Emerald released in 2004 which is obviously why there was nothing in 2005):

Judging by that, the years without games seem to come every four years. So I'm guessing it means 2015 could be an empty year? We can go by this pattern, or we can go by the pattern that there is a gap after a main generation is released - so we can't come to any conclusion otherwise.

I just hope we don't have another empty year before the remakes come, because we'll likely just be waiting even longer. I would hope that the remake/s come in 2014 for Emerald's anniversary.
                              Old December 31st, 2012 (4:51 PM).
                              Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
                                Well at least theres usually tons of spin-offs and stuff in those gap years, of which surely one is interesting enough ;D
                                Old December 31st, 2012 (5:02 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
                                  As long as Game Freak/Nintendo doesn't have a year gap, then I'll be fine. I'm worried that Gen VI will be released in 2013, and then we wont get any game in 2014.

Ever since R/S, they have left the year after a main generation's release empty with no mainline released. After R/S was released in 2002, there was nothing in 2003. After D/P were released in 2006, there was nothing in 2007. After B/W were released in 2010, there was nothing in 2011. If Gen VI comes in 2013, does that mean they will leave 2014 empty? Japan just had the gap year in 2011, and they released

The gap years seem to have been (I'm not counting 2005 since we had FR/LG and Emerald released in 2004 which is obviously why there was nothing in 2005):

Judging by that, the years without games seem to come every four years. So I'm guessing it means 2015 could be an empty year? We can go by this pattern, or we can go by the pattern that there is a gap after a main generation is released - so we can't come to any conclusion otherwise.

I just hope we don't have another empty year before the remakes come, because we'll likely just be waiting even longer. I would hope that the remake/s come in 2014 for Emerald's anniversary.

Gamefreak already said there is no set pattern for release so you can't gauge what will be released based on what we've had in the past.
                                  Old December 31st, 2012 (5:21 PM).

It's speculation, I'm not gauging or confirming anything. I should have explained it better. I'm not saying those "patterns" are set. Im talking more of in reference to development time. When they release a new generation, usually they need that year gap to work on the development of the next set of games coming. My point is, if Gen VI is released in 2013 there is a chance they will need 2014 off to work on the development of whatever games are coming next. The fact they need a gap year every time a new generation has been released since R/S indicates they usually need more development time after the main games of a generation are released as those completely brand new games take much more work than remakes/third versions/sequels.
                                    Old December 31st, 2012 (5:29 PM). Edited December 31st, 2012 by Blue.
                                    ASTRO

Bottom line, as long as we get Remakes I'm happy.

Update regarding the Pokemon Smash Episode.

Junichi Masuda has stated on his Twitter account that Shigeki Morimoto will appear on January 6th's episode of Pokemon Smash. This is two days before Gamefreak is set to make some sort of big announcement. Morimoto has been involved in every main series Pokemon game, creating and programming the Pokemon battle systems along with the Pokemon Mew, and he was the director of HeartGold and SoulSilver...

So now, I think it's more likely to be a game announcement but whether it's Remakes, Gen VI or a completely new game I have no idea.
                                    Old January 2nd, 2013 (4:44 AM). Edited January 2nd, 2013 by DonkeyMadness.

-Gamefreak & Nintendo are not stupid, they know that a R/S/E remake is in high demand and will make a ton of money for both of them. The idea of a remake of arguably the best Pokemon games to ever be released will pull old fans back into the Pokemon series just as HG/SS did for many others, especially after some veterans of the series were turned off by the B/W series the return of Hoenn will be great!

-Gamefreak has stated that they do not have a particular pattern of release for their games, but I have noticed that 3 "main games" (i.e. R/B/Y, G/S/C, D/P/Pt etc.) and 2 remakes(i.e. FR/LG, HG/SS) are released each generation so all together its a total of 5 games Gamefreak develops each generation (after Gen. 2 obviously). Obviously only 2 "main games" have been released in Gen. 5 so we can expect at least another game before Gen. 6 starts. I have also noticed that each generation has a 3-4 life span, Generation 5 debuted in 2010 (2011 in NA/EU) so we can at least expect either Gray, B/W3, R/S remake or a completely new project by Summer 2014. I do not think Gamefreak will break the 5 game cycle. If there is a R/S remake, it will most likely be release around Q3 of 2013 considering the fact that they not spoken about it and they will want to reach the holiday shoppers. What's better than a R/S remake and a 3DS XL bundle for Christmas? Huge profit for Nintendo!
                                      But who knows, we have no idea how long they have been developing the game and Spring/Summer releases are common.

-If a R/S remake is actually in the works it will inevitably be a 3DS game. With all of the hardware the 3DS offers we can expect something great! Hopefully Gamefreak will try to tweak the story R/S to be a little more mature and complex because it is so many possibilities concerning Team Magma & Aqua! It can easily be best Pokemon game ever! This series continues to get better and better as the years go by, always making a set forward so whatever Gamefreak releases this year whether it be a R/S remake, B/W3, Gray or a new project entirely I will be excited for it!!

Quote:
                                      Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
                                      It could be movie news, maybe more details on what it's about; who's in it etc however if the Masuda recording for Pokemon Smash does coincide with this announcement I can't see what more major news he could say about the movie. I doubt it would be Mystery Dungeon news, it's already released in Japan and we've got a North American Release date. We've just had a big Genesect event, Kyogre & Groudon Event and we've had enough spin-offs for Gen V (Mystery Dungeon, Pokepark, Rumble Blast, Get Typing, Conquest) so it could easily be a new maingame which would most lilkely be Remakes OR Gen VI.
                                      Gamefreak does not develop the spin-offs so anything concerning those games have nothing to do with their usual projects.
                                      Old January 2nd, 2013 (5:48 AM).
                                      Madara

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by DonkeyMadness View Post
                                        -Gamefreak & Nintendo are not stupid, they know that a R/S/E remake is in high demand and will make a ton of money for both of them. The idea of a remake of arguably the best Pokemon games to ever be released will pull old fans back into the Pokemon series just as HG/SS did for many others, especially after some veterans of the series were turned off by the B/W series the return of Hoenn will be great!

-Gamefreak has stated that they do not have a particular pattern of release for their games, but I have noticed that 3 "main games" (i.e. R/B/Y, G/S/C, D/P/Pt etc.) and 2 remakes(i.e. FR/LG, HG/SS) are released each generation so all together its a total of 5 games Gamefreak develops each generation (after Gen. 2 obviously). Obviously only 2 "main games" have been released in Gen. 5 so we can expect at least another game before Gen. 6 starts. I have also noticed that each generation has a 3-4 life span, Generation 5 debuted in 2010 (2011 in NA/EU) so we can at least expect either Gray, B/W3, R/S remake or a completely new project by Summer 2014. I do not think Gamefreak will break the 5 game cycle. If there is a R/S remake, it will most likely be release around Q3 of 2013 considering the fact that they not spoken about it and they will want to reach the holiday shoppers. What's better than a R/S remake and a 3DS XL bundle for Christmas? Huge profit for Nintendo!
                                        But who knows, we have no idea how long they have been developing the game and Spring/Summer releases are common.
                                        while what you say is true, you have to look at the other 2 games(remakes) they have released in the pass. As others have stated here many times , they had to be remade because there old cartridges were not able to communicate with the 3rd and 4th gen.Thats no longer the case now.
                                        And if GF released the remakes they would break the 5 game rule you brought up. To be really honest i think they should hold off on gen 3 remakes until gen 7
                                        Old January 2nd, 2013 (6:29 AM).

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by MrGriszell View Post
                                          while what you say is true, you have to look at the other 2 games(remakes) they have released in the pass. As others have stated here many times , they had to be remade because there old cartridges were not able to communicate with the 3rd and 4th gen.Thats no longer the case now.
                                          And if GF released the remakes they would break the 5 game rule you brought up. To be really honest i think they should hold off on gen 3 remakes until gen 7
                                          -What about the other 2 remakes they made in the past? FR/LG & HG/SS were remade because of what you said, you cannot trade 3rd generation Pokemon to 4th & 5th generation games. I'm pretty sure that they remade FR/LG so players can use the original 150 in another journey & also for their journey in R/S/E via trade. That was the end of Generation 3, you can have the Gen. 1 & 3 Pokemon including a few Gen. 2 from the Sevii islands in FR/LG. You cannot trade pokemon from Gen. 3 to Gen. 4 unless you had a DS Lite, which is now a out dated model.. thats why GameFreak released HG/SS so players can have Kanto, Johto & Sinnoh pokemon. So now it will only be fair if they released a R/S/E remake so players who collect and play competitive will have their Hoeen pokemon too.

- If GameFreak remakes them how will they break the 5 game rule. Like I said before, Gamefreak has 3 "main games" & 2 "remake games". They have only been 2 "main games" so we still have 3 more games. I suspect the 3rd "main game" be either Gray, B/W3 or a new project and the remakes will be Sapphire & Ruby because they never make a 3rd game version to remakes (i.e. they did not make a WaterBlue or a SpiritCrystal along with FR/LG & HG/SS respectively). And why would they skip making a R/S remake in Gen. 6? Doesn't make sense... I think in Gen. 6 everything will be fresh & they will be moving forward and maybe in Gen. 7 we will see a multi regional remake of R/B/Y :)

~Karim
                                          Closed Thread

Quick Reply