• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pok?mon Academy Life (Visual Novel) - DEMO v1.0.3a LIVE

How should characters be associated with Pokémon types?

• With their signature Pokémon (if any)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Based on their personalities

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I'm feeling the hype! can't wait to play more later when I have more time and exploring all the different routes. Looking forward to the Fighting and Fairy classes!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
Minor update to version 1.0.2a

- Addressed an 'UnboundLocalError' error that may occur when selecting Fire as your second type elective.
- Adjusted the positions of a few character sprites.
- Addressed some typos.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 8, 2018
Electric-type class was hilarious, while Hilbert really cracked me up during Steel-type class.

Also, Leaf made me fall in love with her instantly. Very good job on her writing.

Really like that I got a Charmander as 'homework'. (Which seems to be the case for both saves I've played up until now, since I thought the first time it was because I had Fire/Dragon (Mega Charizard X), but it seems it's the standard Pokémon. Not that I mind.)
Also, since the player character having a Pokémon at home, does it mean that we get that default Pokémon or one we can choose from a certain choicepool?

Demo is really solid. Keep up the good work and go catch up on some well deserved sleep, you guys.

Years
I was playing Demo 1.0.2a and encountered a glitch. I was rooming with Calem and wanted to see his card after I got it but it wasn't there. I could nor find multiple peoples throughout the overall game either. I think you should look at it.

5tntnEF.png

Even though there is this glitch, I did find replaying the demo really fun. Seeing Electric classes were awesome, but I was hoping to see Korrina in the Fighting-type class. Maybe she will be there in future demos!

VisualJae

Years
I was playing Demo 1.0.2a and encountered a glitch. I was rooming with Calem and wanted to see his card after I got it but it wasn't there. I could nor find multiple peoples throughout the overall game either. I think you should look at it.

snip

Even though there is this glitch, I did find replaying the demo really fun. Seeing Electric classes were awesome, but I was hoping to see Korrina in the Fighting-type class. Maybe she will be there in future demos!
That character card display issue popped up a couple times, but it only seems to affect a few people. What operating system do you use and are you playing in windowed/full screen?

As for Korrina, she's a second-year student so she won't be in your class. She was supposed to make an appearance in the demo, but her lines weren't finalized by the time we pushed out the release.

Years
Oh, I guess I am not the only one. I use Windows 7 and I am playing in windowed. As for the Korrina situation, I guess it makes sense she is older. I just wasn't sure what year she was. To me she looks like a first-year but you make the game so it is your decision. :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 1, 2016
Really enjoyed the 1.0.2a demo. Spent a good 3-4 hours just messing around with the different chat options. Leaf is by far my favourite character. They are so well written that i made a new save just to do the same classes as her. Definitely looking forward to future updates

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
DEMO VERSION 1.0.2 IS LIVE!

Download link »» bit.ly/1Q8tE1S

Pokémon Academy Life (visual novel) - DEMO VERSION 1.0.2 NOTES

IMPORTANT:
For those who have previous demo versions installed, you must start over from the beginning of the game in order to play this demo in full. Many internal variables were changed, added or removed, impacting many parts of the game. If you attempt to load an old save file, it is highly likely you will encounter bugs or your game will crash.

Plus, we rewrote some parts of the prologue section so you might as well take another ride through it!

There is no doubt that there will be some kind of bug or inconsistency somewhere in the game. If you spot anything, report it to [email protected]. Your assistance is much appreciated!

VERSION NOTES:

List of changes from 1.0.1c:
- Many prologue scenes were rewritten.
- One new scene added to the prologue.
- Several prologue scenes were overhauled or extended.
- Numerous animation transitions fixed; some may still exist.
- Various GUI elements streamlined.

New content in 1.0.2:
- New scenes that carry on through the first day of classes.
- New characters and CG art implemented.
- Huge number of alternate dialogue paths based on choices.

CLOSING WORDS:
Thanks to everyone who have offered their support. Knowing there are quite literally thousands of you out there wishing us the best keeps us going. While a single linear playthrough in this version might not last more than three hours or so depending on your reading speed, there is an insane number of different side-routes you can take. The game is still in its infancy, believe it or not, and we just managed to finish setting the foundation.

From this point forward, we will be going all-out in terms of writing for plot and story progression. Engines are also being developed to add depth to the game. The next version may take a while for release so in the meantime, play the crap out of this version, report all the bugs you encounter if you can (we'll try to implement the fixes when we can and put out a cleaned up version when possible), and stay tuned for more news.

I tried to load this page and it said the download link was unavailable, and it is unplayable. Did you remove it?

VisualJae

Years
I tried to load this page and it said the download link was unavailable, and it is unplayable. Did you remove it?
Currently uploading a brief update that fixes a few character positioning bugs. Nothing major. Should be up in 30-60 minutes.

Edit: 12:46 a.m. EST - Demo v1.0.2a file reuploaded on Game Jolt.

Last edited:
Years
It felt soooo goood to stare Blue down in class ( ͡⌐■ ͜ʖ ͡-■) IF HE WANTS TO FIGHT ME, TELL HIM TO COME AND GET ME! Also i am so joining the battle team!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
It felt soooo goood to stare Blue down in class ( ͡⌐■ ͜ʖ ͡-■) IF HE WANTS TO FIGHT ME, TELL HIM TO COME AND GET ME! Also i am so joining the battle team!

*Stereo typical Blue voice* Ha, you -think- you are joining the battle team. Only trainers of talent can try out you know.

VisualJae

Years
ATTENTION: Writers & Aspiring Writers

We are recruiting! Details below (and included in original post):

Spoiler:

If you've read and understood everything up to this point and you're still interested, then you're on the right track. Unfortunately we won't be able to accept everyone. So remember, if you don't make the cut the first time around, that just means you have plenty of room to grow and improve as a writer.

There is no set deadline for recruiting. Even after we pick up new writers, we'll always look out for more talent. Looking forward to seeing what you got. Give us your best shot!

Feel free to ask questions about this news post.

Last edited:
Years
This is awesome! I do have one question about it though.
How long does this example script have to be? I have one on my computer, but I am unsure if it is long enough. Thanks in advance!

VisualJae

Years
This is awesome! I do have one question about it though.
How long does this example script have to be? I have one on my computer, but I am unsure if it is long enough. Thanks in advance!
There's no benchmark for length. I would say on average a dialogue-heavy scene would be around 1,000 words (without including descriptive text).

We're looking for quality. Some things to think about:
- Do these lines sound realistic? In other words, will people normally say something like this in real life?
- How does the conversation flow? Are some lines forced or are they natural?

An exception for "realistic" or "natural" dialogue is humor. We all know humor is incredibly difficult to nail. So if you want to attempt humor writing, well, hopefully it's truly funny.

Years
I was thinking of doing a script format, is that okay? I really want to be a part of this so it has to be perfect.

VisualJae

Years
I was thinking of doing a script format, is that okay? I really want to be a part of this so it has to be perfect.
Good question. Here's what the writing tends to look for us behind the scenes.

Clarification notes:
- We use "Red" to represent the player character, but we use "[player_name]" in the script to make it easier to copy/paste the dialogue directly into code for the game.
- Notes included in the script usually appear as comments in our Google Documents.

Spoiler:

Years
All the aspects to be one of the writers sounds like me, because I can visualize a story and see ways it can branch off into different directions, but I don't think I would be able to join since with the web comic series and school, I won't be able to have all of those on my plate at once. Sorry mate, I wish I could help you.

Back