• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 22, 2022
Just watched Maleficent.

I must say, it wasn't what I was expecting, much more emotion than I initially anticipated.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
saw Inherent Vice last night. it was totally incoherent and incredibly hard to follow but it's a Pynchon adaptation so I mean what else are you to expect. there are a shitton of quirky characters that are hard to keep tabs on the whole time, and there are a bunch of lengthy, tense scenes involving characters you hardly even know (and if you do you may just not remember them). HOWEVER, with that being said, this was an absolutely fucking hilarious film and it was one hell of a trip. it all ends up resolving rather nicely, which I was fearing wouldn't happen because of how batshit the rest of it was. a worthy addition to PTA's filmography. 7/10.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
saw Into The Woods on Friday in cinema thought it was an excellent musical, although the story was excellent with quite a lot of fairytales the ending was made fairly obvious a bit too early I felt. I enjoyed every song Agony is definetly the most catchy not quite Let It Go level but still highly catchy. 8/10

After this I would not actually mind seeing a west end performance of Into The Woods

Years
I just saw Interstellar a few days ago, and honestly it was well worth the almost 3 hours. Awesome movie with a lot of depth and interesting turns. Great acting too.

pkmin3033

Eh, fairly good film, although it has a very uninspiring middle. The opening is pretty awe-inspiring - monster dragon plants from the Moon invading Earth to a very creepy song by Kokia - and the ending is quite a good little fight, but there isn't much substance to the middle of it...it could have taken another page or two from Nausicaa's book really, as it's quite similar to that film with the whole "nature is deadly but awesome!" vibe. Unlike Nausicaa, it has a proper ending, but that's all that can be said in its favour by comparison.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Just finished Very Good Girls, with Dakota Fanning. It was really charming, and it makes me wonder just how many typical summer teenage romances Fanning has had over the course of her career. The soundtrack, while at times very black church choir, was splendid and I might steal some for a restless night.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
The Grand Budapest Hotel. took me long enough to see this one. anyway, it was hilarious and touching and endlessly clever and smart. it was the most Wes Anderson-y movie I've ever seen, the fucking culmination of everything he's ever done -- a lot of people called it manic, unfocused and straining (and failing) to be quirky but I thought all three of those things were part of its charm. it's such a hyper movie, but you never feel out of breath watching it, which is perfect. 9/10, probably my film of 2014 maybe.

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Van Wilder. Hands down one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, and a personal favorite. I look up to him XD

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
Selma. I saw it last night. first off, this is a very important movie, and I'm incredibly glad it came out when it did. also how the fuck didn't David Oyelowo get an Oscar nomination for this? this was the best performance I've seen in any movie all year. anyway there's not really much I can say about this one, it's just an incredibly powerful movie and you need to go see it. 9/10.

blue

gucci
Years
I watched Devil's Due last night after being told by several people that it would be my type of movie. They were sort of right, it was scary enough and everything, just a little difficult to follow.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Watched Ted last night. I had never seen the movie before, but wanted to because I heard that Ted 2 was coming out soon. Not only was it hilarious, it ad a good story to it as well. Also, Mila Kunis. <3

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I just watched The Judge. It was alright, the previews made it look a little more interesting than it was.

Years
Just saw Project Almanac, it was crazyyy. Man, I love movies like that. Just insane stuff, I mean there were some parts that I was like, oh the critics probably wrote this movie off for the way that was directed, but all in all it was extremely entertaining and kept me completely engulfed for 2 and a half hours, which is what movies are made to do, so I'd say it's worth it to go see it.

Years
Saw The Wind That Shakes the Barley on Tuesday. Good stuff. Well not "good" obviously, but uh. Well-done, I guess. Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back