• 73 replies

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
622 posts
2.6 Years
Please upload the games screenshots on the first page because it is violating the rules.
While not necessary, the following are also strongly recommended:
At least two screenshots, which showcase the changes made.
I'm not violating the rules.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.

Age 24
Male
Florida. What do you expect?!
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
177 posts
5.8 Years
Do the levels scale?
I've been playing recently, and yeah, they do. I guess that solves that!

Oh, and I second the screenshots thing.
knuck knuck is knockles
3DS Friend Code: 2208-4585-5395
Vivillon pattern: Modern
Male
Seen March 12th, 2019
Posted March 6th, 2019
2 posts
5.5 Years
Do you have a summary of what all the patches do? I'm confused why there's four separate Redux patches, and which one to use. On my phone, it lists them as "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 -", "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 -", "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 (" and "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 (".

Edit: additionally, does order matter at all when patching?
Edit 2: turns out my file browser was truncating them, I found out what was happening and can see their full names now

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
622 posts
2.6 Years
Do you have a summary of what all the patches do? I'm confused why there's four separate Redux patches, and which one to use. On my phone, it lists them as "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 -", "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 -", "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 (" and "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 (".

Edit: additionally, does order matter at all when patching?
Since there's still a bug with the Pidgey Fly, you're likely to get stuck in a certain part of the region if you Fly somewhere and lose the item. If you still want to play the hack, patch your ROM with the ones with parenthesis, and then apply all the other patches except for Permadeath. Then, you'll get the complete experience. If you want Permadeath, which will reset your file upon blacking out, then apply that patch. Most of the other patches are from Throwback or FR251. Since those hacks had documentation, I included their documentation. Throwback's documentation is Changelog.txt and FR251's documentation is Readme.txt. Ctrl + F in these documents to search for the patch names to find out what they do. I'll include my own details if and when I can fix the Pidgey Fly problem, since that takes out a critical element of the game and I don't want to continue with the hack if I can't solve it.

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
622 posts
2.6 Years
The pokemon type bars is sweet and the level scaling is neat how did you do it?
Typebars: https://github.com/jiangzhengwenjz/typebars
Level scaling: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194241

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
622 posts
2.6 Years
I'm redoing this entirely. This is a very basic iteration of an open-world FireRed. Of note:
-Some things have been removed, such as Fairy type and PSS. I had to start over, so they aren't in, yet
-Gary now has his script restored in Cerulean!
-I would hope that the Pidgey Fly item disappearing bug is gone. I'll be testing to find out on my own, but in the meantime, I'm hoping that the bug was caused by using too many of RichterSnipes' Throwback patches, which may not have been compatible with the changes I'd made.

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
622 posts
2.6 Years
Beta 2 is out! Features:
Pidgey Fly allows you to Fly anywhere at the start of the game
Wild Pokemon scale to your lowest leveled party member
Trainer Pokemon scale to your highest leveled party member
Exp All
Gen 7 Move Reminder that takes TinyMushrooms or Big Mushrooms that you farm from Paras in the Safari Zone/Mt. Moon
Egg Moves Tutor that takes TinyMushrooms or Big Mushrooms that you farm from Paras in the Safari Zone/Mt. Moon
Physical/Special/Status Split
Deletable & Forgettable HMs
Running Shoes Indoors
Poison Survival
Game Engine Optimization
Infinite Use Move Tutors
Running Shoes at Start of Game
Reusable TMs
Fairy type
Go to Sevii Islands without catching 60 pkmn
Moves updated to Gen 7 - note that no new moves were added
Stats updated to Gen 7

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
622 posts
2.6 Years
I don't think the trainer mons scale. I was at level 14 with two mons and battled level 10s. The scale definitely happens with wild pokemon.
You're right; the original post had an error. I uploaded the fixed version on Google Drive using the same link yesterday, so that error should not be present, anymore.

Anvils Alive

Age 24
Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
177 posts
5.8 Years
Likin' the new version! I've been Nuzlocking it since yesterday on my Twitch channel!

However, do be aware that I lost all the TM's I collected up until Dig, except for Dig, once I got either that TM itself or the S.S. Ticket from Bill's cottage. You might have to look into this, just saying.

ANOTHER EYE-OPENING BUG: Coin Case blows the game wide open. If you open up the TM case after getting it, TMs are screwed up. Leave the items menu altogether, and the game will crash.
knuck knuck is knockles

Anvils Alive

Age 24
Male
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted June 6th, 2019
177 posts
5.8 Years
Ah, Skell's badge scale feature? That's interesting.

Still, for the time being, it's okay. I hope you think about keeping on plugging away and fixing said problems best you can. Here's wishing you luck!
knuck knuck is knockles
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
116 posts
312 Days
I'm making a simple 386 hack while I research how to implement FireRed Redux. It's called Blazing FireRed. I have changed wild encounters and trainer parties up to Brock. You will find it in the attachment.
Will you make more changes for Blazing FireRed? Up to Brock makes me think it's the first couple steps in the hacking process.

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
622 posts
2.6 Years
TM 45 Sludge and TM 07 Leech Life (updated to Gen 7) will replace TM 45 Attract and TM 07 Hail in the latest version.

I'll be working on a strategy guide so you can plan out your runs! Also, Leech Life is learned by a few newcomers:
Scyther
Pinsir
Kabuto
Kabutops
Pineco
Forretress
Scizor
Shuckle
Trapinch
Vibrava
Flygon
Anorith
Armaldo

This should balance out the Bug type! Last, Pineco will evolve at level 21. I will release another demo once up to Lt. Surge is done.

Petuuuhhh

Male
Georgia
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
622 posts
2.6 Years
Gonna redo this not as a 386 hack, but as a "balanced and ideal" FireRed where I elimate OP schenanigans like Vine Whip Bulbasaur vs. Brock, early game Nidoking, and early game Dugtrio. Will also make sure the Gen 2 features "Day/Night" and "Headbutt trees" make a return, just like they were in the previous iteration. I have abandoned the plan of the Gen 6 exp share in favor of rebalancing the game to require the use of 4-6 different Pokemon instead of 2-3.
Advertiser Content