• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Third Game Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Third Game Speculation

Due to the third game name speculation thread discussing the third mascot Pokémon and some other things along those lines, we've decided to bring it all together into one thread.

What sort of discussions will occur here?

★ Third game name
★ Third game mascot
★ How it will implement version differences such as different gym leaders and the sorts
★ The storyline

...and anything else you can think of. This will make it easier to control posts, for us, too. So yeah, hopefully this thread stays alive until the third game is announced! Oh and you may also discuss whether you think they actually will make a third version - is it necessary?

TIME TO LIVEN DISCUSSION!

Hey guys, time for something we haven't discussed much recently since we need good speculation going on.

How would you feel if a few more towns/cities were added in the third game (not connected to "Grey _____"), and that the third game was set a few years after B/W, allowing the land to expand and actually develop to the top left or so (or even the land building, so it's construction up there, with the construction behind Castelia gone, and being a whole new area you can access - if so, what'd you like to see there?). And if the upper part of Unova expands, what would be featured in those locations? If this occured, how'd you like to see other cities expanded, too?

Also! Would you be more likely to purchase the third game with more of an enhanced region, or more of an enhanced storyline? Since really, there's a high chance they'll concentrate on just one of the two and the other won't have much effort put into it, tbh. And sadly I think it'll be the size of the region. And as what was pointed out was that the storyline is always expanded, but to what extent do you WANT it to be expanded? Wouldn't the experience be more enjoyable if the storyline didn't differ as much pre-e4, but you had a whole lot more to explore with sub storylines?

Idk just some things to think about. :D Since all we ever seem to do here is concentrate on the storyline, the mascot and the game names. Be creative in speculation guys!

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
well, i'd love it to have all three monkey owner to vs you in a triple gym battle,
and both iris and the other person in a double gym battle

and i dont think it will be pkmn grey, .... it just sounds weird...
but the Deerling fella will be the mascot :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamigoroshi

Moemon Hunter
Years
I say the third 5th generation game, if any, will probably be named Pokemon Brown.
'Grey' seems unlikely because not a single special edition of Pokemon was a mixed color/metal/gem between their generations (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) and I don't think the 5th generation will be any different.

As an mascot I'd love to see Meroetta, though that most likely won't happen (being an event pokemon and all). So I guess it would be either Randorosu or Kyuremu.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
In my personal opinion, I think that, if there ever will be a Third version, the Ice/Dragon pokémon will be the mascot; I feel this is a given. However, I do believe they will be stuck for names, but I think Chrome version is a good shout.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen yesterday
Maybe the final gym battle in the third version will be a double battle between Irish and Shaga?

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
Years
If I had to guess right now, I would guess that the last game would be called Pokemon Gray. As far as the mascot goes, I'd also guess Kyuremu.

However, I am interested (and hoping!) to see a few changes in the third game: First is Gym Leader rematches. I thought those should have been in BW, but apparently they aren't.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
My money is on Kyuremu as the mascot and the name as Pokemon Grey, or some variation of that color.
I'll pretty much agree with this.

Though to be honest, I wish they'd break the tradition. Like I said in the previous topic, I think it would be really cool if they broke away from having the third trio member as the cover art, and instead did something new. Following a bit in the footsteps of Crystal. Even better yet, perhaps have a whole trio on the cover, rather than just one Pokemon.

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
maybe it'll be called somewhere along the lines of Pokemon Dimensions since it probly will be on the 3DS exclusively

Bay

Years
I'll pretty much agree with this.

Though to be honest, I wish they'd break the tradition. Like I said in the previous topic, I think it would be really cool if they broke away from having the third trio member as the cover art, and instead did something new. Following a bit in the footsteps of Crystal. Even better yet, perhaps have a whole trio on the cover, rather than just one Pokemon.
I would like that too, but yeah most likely that won't happen. Pretty much it's predictable that ice dragon will be the mascot.

Other things I believe will happen in the third game, some which were mentioned by others already:

-First gym I think will still be the same in which it'll depend on your starter. As much as I like a triple double, not sure if it's going to happen considering most players usually don't form a team of three decent leveled Pokemon early in the game.

-Eight gym most likely will be Shaga and Iris double battle or perhaps a new dragon gym leader all together (Emerald did that, so I won't be surprised if that happens again). If Shaga and Iris will be the gym leaders though, their rooster will slightly change for sure.

-Team Plasma/N storyline will be quite different too. Could be the chance N will control Kyuremu or he'll control both Reshiram and Zekrom and you control Kyuremu (yes, thinking Emerald again XD; ).

-This one a friend of mine suggested actually when we were talking about what'll happen in the third game. White Forest/Black City might be mashed together as "Gray Mountains." XD His reason is White Forest and Black City are spotted close/on the mountains (haven't played the games so not sure which mountains he was talking about :x).

And those are my predictions. XD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
maybe it'll be called somewhere along the lines of Pokemon Dimensions since it probly will be on the 3DS exclusively

Um I really dont think they would call it that.

It will either be Grey/Gray depending on how you say it or Brown.

Dragon/Ice will be the mascot.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like that too, but yeah most likely that won't happen. Pretty much it's predictable that ice dragon will be the mascot.

Other things I believe will happen in the third game, some which were mentioned by others already:

-First gym I think will still be the same in which it'll depend on your starter. As much as I like a triple double, not sure if it's going to happen considering most players usually don't form a team of three decent leveled Pokemon early in the game.

-Eight gym most likely will be Shaga and Iris double battle or perhaps a new dragon gym leader all together (Emerald did that, so I won't be surprised if that happens again). If Shaga and Iris will be the gym leaders though, their rooster will slightly change for sure.

-Team Plasma/N storyline will be quite different too. Could be the chance N will control Kyuremu or he'll control both Reshiram and Zekrom and you control Kyuremu (yes, thinking Emerald again XD; ).

-This one a friend of mine suggested actually when we were talking about what'll happen in the third game. White Forest/Black City might be mashed together as "Gray Mountains." XD His reason is White Forest and Black City are spotted close/on the mountains (haven't played the games so not sure which mountains he was talking about :x).

And those are my predictions. XD
I think it will be like Emerald too, After you defeat N he would release the other two, then we will be able to get all three of them :)

Years
I pretty much agree with what Bay said. There will most likely be a third area where you'd catch Kyuremu, and after you, do I think you could Visit the Black Forest and White City for Reshiram/Zekrom.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I say the third 5th generation game, if any, will probably be named Pokemon Brown.
'Grey' seems unlikely because not a single special edition of Pokemon was a mixed color/metal/gem between their generations (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum) and I don't think the 5th generation will be any different.

As an mascot I'd love to see Meroetta, though that most likely won't happen (being an event pokemon and all). So I guess it would be either Randorosu or Kyuremu.

If it were pokemon Brown then the Ground type genie would be the masot, as he is brown. It could very possibly be the ground type genie as the mascot, you do need the other two genies to get him so maybe he is quite a main legendary (if you know what I mean by that).

The ground genie also comes after Reshiram and Zekrom in the Pokedex not kyuremu so it makes the genie look like a likely option instead.

Years
If it were pokemon Brown then the Ground type genie would be the masot, as he is brown. It could very possibly be the ground type genie as the mascot, you do need the other two genies to get him so maybe he is quite a main legendary (if you know what I mean by that).

The ground genie also comes after Reshiram and Zekrom in the Pokedex not kyuremu so it makes the genie look like a likely option instead.
Lol Giratina didn't either but both are likely Choices, Kyuremu or the ground Genie.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
The Ground Genie? Highly unlikely. Up to now, all the mascots are connected in some way.

Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur (Gen I)= Starters

Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune (Gen II)= Ho-Oh and Lugia are opposites and Suicune is Ho-Oh's lesser. Being Water-Type, also has a slight affiliation to Lugia.

Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza (Gen III)= Creators of Land, Sea, and Sky. Based on Leviathan, Behemoth, and Zuu.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (Gen IV)= Representations of Time, Space, and Anti-Matter. Also, the first three branches of Arceus.

Reshiram, Zekrom...Genie?=Respresentations of Old and New...and fertile land? No.

Years
The Ground Genie? Highly unlikely. Up to now, all the mascots are connected in some way.

Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur (Gen I)= Starters

Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune (Gen II)= Ho-Oh and Lugia are opposites and Suicune is Ho-Oh's lesser. Being Water-Type, also has a slight affiliation to Lugia.

Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza (Gen III)= Creators of Land, Sea, and Sky. Based on Leviathan, Behemoth, and Zuu.

Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (Gen IV)= Representations of Time, Space, and Anti-Matter. Also, the first three branches of Arceus.

Reshiram, Zekrom...Genie?=Respresentations of Old and New...and fertile land? No.
Yeah I don't think so either but it's the second most likely to me so far...
Ps: Rayquaza is based on the Ziz not the Zuu :P

Maxite

Ideas and Insanity
Years
@Spikey: Giratina is about Dimension if I recall correctly, not antimatter.

I'm also not entirely sure if this fits in with the discussion, but when do people think a Third Version would be released? I'd estimate, at earliest, a Fall 2012 release for it. Of course, we could see another Gen III layout and have remakes (Hoenn? Kanto?) come first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back