• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon game has the best music?

Years
Which Pok?mon game has the best music?

In your opinion, which Pok?mon game (spinoffs included!) has the best music? Do you have any examples of songs you like? :>

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I'll always say Red and Blue is my favourite, but I'll admit that I also like a few of the tracks from Emerald and Platinum. Although, they're very specific.

Specifically the following:

Years
I always find myself listening to music from Pokemon Colossum/XD/Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. The main series games' music is ok and all but when compared to spinoffs, it becomes apparent that there really is room to improve.

A few noteworthy examples:

Spoiler: Pokemon Colosseum

Spoiler: Pokemon XD

Spoiler: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I'm gonna have to say the johto games were my favorite music wise xD

That music just seemed so lovely and very pokemon ish to me ^_^

EDIT: Which johto games? I like the music on the older games best, but the re-makes have good tunes too.

Last edited:
Years
We've always had good music in pokemon games. Thank you Junichi Masuda!

From a musical perspective I like gen 4 or 5 best. They both really have some great battle themes. Since my #1 all-time favorite theme is Ghetsis' in the original Black and White games, I guess I gotta give the edge to Gen 5. Also in my top 3 would be Colress' theme from BW2. Iris' theme in BW2 as champion is nothing to sneeze at either.

There is a lot of solid ambiance music for a wide variety of locations, and in the world tournament you hear some very ambitious remixes of well-known themes.

This gen also met the challenge of writing a diverse selection of music related to N. He not only had a pretty good battle theme, but the music for his room is really interesting and disturbing. His castle itself is practically a character with two different yet I think equally potent musical choices from the operatic and majestic sound in the first games, to a more funeary dirge in the sequel when you return to find his homes in ruins.

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
The main series games' music is ok and all but when compared to spinoffs, it becomes apparent that there really is room to improve.

Definitely agree with you here! Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky in particular was the most noteworthy for me. The soundtrack does such a wonderful job at breathing life into all of the emotions conveyed by the story. Aside from the more generic dungeon themes, it's hard for me to listen to any Explorers track without getting extremely emotional. ;__;

Adding onto the examples you've already given us, here are some more heart-tugging themes from the Explorers soundtrack:

Through the Sea of Time
In the Hands of Fate
Don't Ever Forget...
Hidden Highland
On the Beach at Dusk
Defend Globe

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
The music from Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald is my favourite out of all the games. It's part of the reason why I go back to these games frequently.

Sorvete

Novice
Years
D/P/Pt.

Shoutouts to the Gym Leader/E4 theme and Cynthia's theme. They're amazing for me.

I also really enjoy Unova's soundtrack. The games are my favorite overall and I'd definitely rank their music way high in my list.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
My favourite piece of music from the entire franchise is XY route 15. Always gives me goosebumps. But the actual games with the best soundtrack IMO are Gen 4. Pretty much every piece of music from D/P/Pt are so nostalgic for me.

Guest123_x1

Red/Blue/Yellow for me... its music package impressed on me as being very well-written and memorable. I nearly memorized some of the tracks not to long after playing Yellow for the first time.

Years
It's very close between the first 3 generations for me, I can't decide between them. Those soundtracks just capture a special feeling in me that the soundtracks in games newer than those just haven't been able to replicate successfully.

Last edited:

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
Years
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? All of them. Could it be any simpler? (and yes, that includes side-games)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Last edited:
Back