• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Nope. Surskit is VERY rare. You can only find it on RS, at 1% on the following routes - 102, 111, 114, 117, and 120. In all 5 areas it is either by Surf or in the grass, NEVER underwater. You are probably confusing it with Clamperl.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2009
Horsea

I'm playing Leaf Green, and I can't seem to find a Horsea anywhere. I've tried using a Good and a Super Rod in all the areas they're supposed to appear, but no luck even after dozens of attempts.

Is this a bug, or am I not doing something right?

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Horsea's are found on Route's; 4, 10, 12, 13, 19, 20, 21, 24 and also in Vermillion City, using a Good Rod.
They are harder to find in LF, than they are in FR, but they are there.

Last edited:

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
You aren't seriously trusting sites like bulbepedia and serebii, are you? The site at least has the right routes of the outbreaks, but good luck catching one until you mix records with RS. I don't trust sites (or anything anyone says for that matter) without testing it out myself first. On Route 120, of 300 wild Pokemon encounters ZERO were Surskit. After mixing records, there were 2. Not quite 1%, but I am probably just unlucky that way.

CrasH

Beasterling
Years
Does anyone know what the battle tower prizes are in Pokemon Fire Red?

I beat it once and got a Up grade, I didn't know it was timed lol.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Well, you already know the Single Mode prize: Up-Grade
Double Mode prize: Dragon Scale
Knockout Mode prize: Metal Coat
Mixed Mode: King's Rock

It is timed simply to give you something to do. Once you have beaten it, try to beat it in less time.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
I need to train a Zubat in FR.

Here are the conditions:
The Zubat is level 16.
I can't battle any trainers.
I've only got the first three badges.
I have to get it to evolve before heading through Rock Tunnel.

So, where should I train it?
Any help is appreciated.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Route 9 is your best bet:

Rattata 40%
Spearow 35%
Ekans 25%

There is also Route 24, but the Pokemon levels may require you to battle more often to gain the same Exp points:

Oddish 25%
Caterpie 20%
Weedle 20%
Abra 15%
Pidgey 15%
Kakuna 4%
Metapod 1%

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
You aren't seriously trusting sites like bulbepedia and serebii, are you? The site at least has the right routes of the outbreaks, but good luck catching one until you mix records with RS. I don't trust sites (or anything anyone says for that matter) without testing it out myself first. On Route 120, of 300 wild Pokemon encounters ZERO were Surskit. After mixing records, there were 2. Not quite 1%, but I am probably just unlucky that way.

I have never mixed records between my ruby and emerald game and I have a masquerain on my emerald, and bulbapedia has never been wrong about where to find pokemons I always find them exactly where they said that they are, it just take patience to find a surskit

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
You say you haven't mixed records, but that goes against EVERYTHING that I have read and experienced personally. Even bulbapedia states that Surskit occurrences are 'Swarm' instead of 'Rare' like RS, and swarms only occur once you have been notified through Pokemon News. As I said before, I went through 300 wild Pokemon encounters on every single route and never came across Surskit. Once I mixed records, I received Pokemon News about a Surskit outbreak, at which point I went to that route and did another 300 encounters and came across Surskit twice. Makes me wonder if your game is truly legit, or a possible fake where Surskit actually can be found without having to mix records.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
My game is perfectly legit since I bought it in a gamestore here at home new, on the release date, and I did find my surskit in a swarm that they talked about on the tv but I didnt mix records for it

dH

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2009
Pokemon FireRed help?

Okay so i just restarted my pokemon fire red 1 week ago, and so far i'm going to the 5th gym with:

Level 43 Charizard: Flame Thrower/Ember/Fly/Metal CLaw
Level 45 Snorlax: Body Slam/Yawn/Shock Wave/Water Pulse
Level 43 Raichu: Thunder Bolt/Thunder Shock/Brick Break/Thunder Wave
Level 43 Kadabra: Psychic/PsyBeam/Recover/Reflect
HM Pokemon Meowth, and soon Lapras.

Can someone tell me what 6th pokemon should I get and what level should each pokemon be around for each gym?

And also, if the moves are garbage, can you help replace some with better ones?

Ty dH~

Edit: Where should I train each pokemon?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
your fifth guy should be a huanter.for the gyms,get all your pokemon to 45,the raise them in increments of five levels each gym,and another five levels for the elite

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Your team isn't that bad, but your movesets are. Placing two attacking moves of the same type (i.e. Flamethrower AND Ember on Charizard) is never a good idea. When will you ever use Ember instead of Flamethrower? Never, and that only limits the effectiveness of your Pokemon. You also don't need 6 Pokemon. All that really does is slow you down since you end up wasting time raising them equally. I would stick with four or even five tops and carry along your HM slaves. Anyway, my suggestions in bold:
Okay so i just restarted my pokemon fire red 1 week ago, and so far i'm going to the 5th gym with:

Level 43 Charizard: Flame Thrower/Ember/Fly/Metal CLaw

Personally, I wouldn't use Charizard. Its strengths just don't outweigh its weaknesses. I would leave this spot open until you can pick up Aerodactyl, which is MUCH better:

Aerodactyl
Trait: Rock Head
- Aerial Ace
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Straight up physical attacker and much more powerful than Charizard.

Level 45 Snorlax
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk/Curse
- Shadow Ball

Special attacks on Snorlax isn't helpful, while physical attacks really are. Plus, it takes advantage of its strengths. Since it is very strong against special attacks you can switch it in and we know what special attackers are typically prone to - physical attacks. Personally I would go with Curse, but you have to breed for it so that is out unless you have another game that you can trade it in. Sleep Talk is a great option when you combine it with Rest. Snorlax takes damage/status, use Rest to remove it and then Sleep Talk to still attack while you are asleep. Shadow Ball is for Ghosts, of course, making the need for Haunter/Gengar unnecessary.

Level 43 Raichu:
- Focus Punch
- Substitute

- Thunder Bolt
- Thunder Wave

Again, two attacking moves really isn't necessary. Go the SubPunch route instead to maximize its effectiveness.

Level 43 Kadabra:
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Recover/Fire Punch/Ice Punch
- Shock Wave/Thunderpunch

Not the best moveset unless you can breed the punches. Without it, Recover is your best option and then Shock Wave to give it another boosted attack. Hopefully you can evolve it to Alakazam.

HM Pokemon Meowth, and soon Lapras.

Lapras
- Ice Beam
- Sing/Protect/Toxic
- Surf
- Thunderbolt/Protect/Toxic

Lapras will be your bread and butter. Great stats and very versatile.

Can someone tell me what 6th pokemon should I get and what level should each pokemon be around for each gym?

And also, if the moves are garbage, can you help replace some with better ones?

Ty dH~

Edit: Where should I train each pokemon?
Your Pokemon levels are pretty high for the 5th gym, to be honest. I normally go into the "elite' 4 at about Lv45. Too many people put more emphasis on leveling up than acquiring effective movesets. With an effective moveset your Pokemon doesn't have to be so high in level, which in turn cuts down the time it takes you to finish the game. Good luck.

lolwut

Too cute for you
Years
is it true that if you run into the legendary beast (fire red) and you use mean look and then it uses roar and you think you're fine so you go do something and save, then does that mean you can't find it again?

Years
Don't worry, once you find the dog, it'll always be there, but it will be harder to get. This is due to the dog is fleeing all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back