• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I've got a good set of tiles for the Sprout Tower exterior. They're not mine, I got them from PHO, but I think.. Yeah, credit Alistair and PHO, I'm pretty sure. I'll post later with them- I'd link, but I think PHO did a cleanup or something, and now everything's gone. So yeah, later.

Judging by the currently inserted tiles, he has a sheet with some Sprout Tower tiles in Fire Red style. The tiles you're talking about are not Fire Red style, so they will probably not be used. :3

EDIT: I see he doesn't. Kawai, I'll send you one in Fire Red style on MSN.

Last edited:

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
Years
Okay. Right now I am really confused. This is the forum for finished, or pretty closed to finished, hacks. I get to Cherrygrove and that's it. I can't find anything besides the Alpha. And, I'm obviously crazy because if that's all you had, you wouldn't have won HotM (Congrats, btw) But maybe I'm totally wrong and there is just the alpha. So if someone could just point me in the right direction, that'd be cool (:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Okay. Right now I am really confused. This is the forum for finished, or pretty closed to finished, hacks. I get to Cherrygrove and that's it. I can't find anything besides the Alpha. And, I'm obviously crazy because if that's all you had, you wouldn't have won HotM (Congrats, btw) But maybe I'm totally wrong and there is just the alpha. So if someone could just point me in the right direction, that'd be cool (:
well hes showed enough updates with screenshots and he's currently in Azalea or something... as that good enuf for ya?

raidenx2008

Beggining Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I hope you can finish this hack until the end, not like zel`s ShinyGold, not complete until now(Beta 5 only) since 2008 =.=.

Zirkle38

Insert Epithet.
Years
well hes showed enough updates with screenshots and he's currently in Azalea or something... as that good enuf for ya?

Oh, well I'm sure I must've downloaded the wrong version. And I assumed HotM was reserved for finished hacks, but I see now that's not the case. Sorry for my ignorance d: and thanks (:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Oh, well I'm sure I must've downloaded the wrong version. And I assumed HotM was reserved for finished hacks, but I see now that's not the case. Sorry for my ignorance d: and thanks (:
actually his progress is Azalea but the alpha is Cherrygrove he hasn't released a beta yet... i'm not worried much there are plenty other hacks out there to play and wait for it

SpellingAce

Who, me?
Years
failed to patch?

Uh, hi, I'd hate to say it, but my computer won't patch the rom! I've downloaded 3 patchers and 3 Pokemon Ruby roms, and then I would try patching them, the program says the patching is complete but when I start it with NO$GBA it still shows the Ruby start screen!

Can you help, please? I'd love to play another high-quality Gold remake. My OS is a Windows Vista x86.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
SpellingAce said:
Uh, hi, I'd hate to say it, but my computer won't patch the rom! I've downloaded 3 patchers and 3 Pokemon Ruby roms, and then I would try patching them, the program says the patching is complete but when I start it with NO$GBA it still shows the Ruby start screen!

Can you help, please? I'd love to play another high-quality Gold remake. My OS is a Windows Vista x86.
If you would've played on to check and see whether the game is hacked then you'll know whether or not the patch worked, the titlescreen isn't there in the Alpha yet, after all I made it after the Alpha's released :(

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2010
I really wanna play this but i cant.I patched it with lunar.I know the ruby i have works but it keeps giving the white screen i change the save type also.What can i do?Total newbie.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2010
Is there a possiblity to add extra difficulty to the game?
Like with Shiny Gold X version?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I really wanna play this but i cant.I patched it with lunar.I know the ruby i have works but it keeps giving the white screen i change the save type also.What can i do?Total newbie.

the next time someone asks this, i am making a tutorial.
download the rom on zdg's site!
it's as simple as that ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2010
There is a bug.
At Cherrygrove City, there will be a guy who offers you a tour of the city. If you agree, he will lead you into the sea, and talk about blah blah blah and then walks off, leaving you trapped in the sea. The only way to get out of the sea is to fight wild Pokemon there until your Pokemon faints.

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
There is a bug.
At Cherrygrove City, there will be a guy who offers you a tour of the city. If you agree, he will lead you into the sea, and talk about blah blah blah and then walks off, leaving you trapped in the sea. The only way to get out of the sea is to fight wild Pokemon there until your Pokemon faints.
that bugs been reported a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago your a bit late x(

Back