• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Sprite Editor [Classic]

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
er... I'm having problems with the OverWorld that I'm trying to put in the ROM, because the image have only four colors(it's a robot, hero of my comic), and NSE can't accept low-collor sprites like this :(

link12552

decade club
Years
er... I'm having problems with the OverWorld that I'm trying to put in the ROM, because the image have only four colors(it's a robot, hero of my comic), and NSE can't accept low-collor sprites like this :(

Just save the image your importing as a 16 color bitmap and then import it.

Uh, you've also misspelled Automatically. D:

All these spelling errors, ugh...
I think we should all take a moment to blame my 6th grade English teacher...
Now there's a person who really knows how to mess up a person's understanding of the the English language! :cross-eye

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Hey I have a suggestion/request. An option to "delete" an image from a ROM may be useful. Like replace the image with FF bytes. This will help create more space in the ROM. It would majorly benefit when Hacking Emerald as there are several useless images in the ROM.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
How about just inserting+repointing and image that has all it's pixels set to the 'ff' byte?
;edit;
ignore that, you would still have to take care of the unlz header thing.

Super Ultra Mega Charizard

not a beginner trainer :P
Years
I found a glitch...I think. I wanted to insert a 5th gen style overworld but it was too big so I edited the size limit too 32x32 but now the overworld I edited is all glitchy so how do I fix it??

and sky_queen3 you can find them with tileset animation editor on wah :3

link12552

decade club
Years
I found a glitch...I think. I wanted to insert a 5th gen style overworld but it was too big so I edited the size limit too 32x32 but now the overworld I edited is all glitchy so how do I fix it??

and sky_queen3 you can find them with tileset animation editor on wah :3

When you want to change the size of a sprite you have to switch the preferences from "Index" to "All". If you don't NSE thinks that you just want to change the stored size variable in the index, instead of re-pointing and resizing all of the frames and changing the stored size var.
Just switch to "All mode"

Seems like I'm going to have to write a guide to NSE...

Last edited:

Super Ultra Mega Charizard

not a beginner trainer :P
Years
When you want to change the size of a sprite you have to switch the preferences from "Index" to "All". If you don't NSE thinks that you just want to change the stored size variable in the index, instead of re-pointing and resizing all of the frames and changing the stored size var.
Just switch to "All mode"

Seems like I'm going to have to write a guide to NSE...

ok thank you for the help

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Whoa I <3 this tool. I love the fact that we can now change back sprites! Oh, and how do we change Pokemon sprites? I dunno where to find offsets.

Last edited:

Jemzx

Guardian Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2010
Woah thanks a lot, it's a lot better than the old OW editor

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Hey, for some reason NSE is repointing things to places that have NO free space at all... O.o
I tested it out on a ROM that I had. I made a backup, and, without doing anything else, got NSE to repoint the frames of a sprite. And, actual, used bytes were overwritten :(

King Koopa

The Dark Spriter >>>>
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
Hey, for some reason NSE is repointing things to places that have NO free space at all... O.o
I tested it out on a ROM that I had. I made a backup, and, without doing anything else, got NSE to repoint the frames of a sprite. And, actual, used bytes were overwritten :(

yes i second you!! it keeps re poiting to other sprites and messing things up!

link12552

decade club
Years
Response

Ahh back from vacation, but whats this...
ug :knockedou

I tried importing something over the male hero sprite and it got an error 0_0

Details, Details people! the more information you can give the better the chance is I can fix whatever it is that's wrong..

diegoisawesome:
What frames of which sprite did you re-point, and how did you do it?
Steps please...

Super Ultra Mega Charizard:
Well, did you do it correctly? just kidding...
What error did you get, what game are you using, and could you post what it is you were trying to import, it may help

King Koopa

The Dark Spriter >>>>
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
Ahh back from vacation, but whats this...
ug :knockedou

Details, Details people! the more information you can give the better the chance is I can fix whatever it is that's wrong..

diegoisawesome:
Steps please...

Super Ultra Mega Charizard:
Well, did you do it correctly? just kidding...
What error did you get, what game are you using, and could you post what it is you were trying to import, it may help

okay since I had this problem too awhile ago :P
1.) I replaced a trainer sprite
2.) used the fsf and repointed.
3.) I wrote the rom
4.) When I played the game My trainer backsprite and jolteon sprite colors were all messed up, the turned into something unexplainable lol and jolteon doesen't show up

this happened in Pokemon Emerald, nice tool the .nsl thing is great but the fsf needs work :)

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
diegoisawesome:
Steps please...
Since one image had not enough frame total (not including the reused ones) I simply clicked on the "Change Frames" button. NSE told me it was going to repoint the frames even though I had not increased the number, and I clicked Okay.
This is for BPEE.

link12552

decade club
Years
Bug Fix 1.7.0.6

BUG FIX-

• Fixed the space saver function in the preferences window.
  • Fixed a bug when redefining the main character's size.
  • The free-space finding function has been tweaked and should work now (Not really sure what the problem was but some messing around got it to work :p).
Hopefully this takes care of any problems people were having.

In-case anybody is wondering what "space-saver" does, it simply erases old image data after you re-point from within preferences.

All bugs have been fixed and Version 1.7.0.6 is available for download

Last edited:
Back