• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
Years
Which is more rare; Your Pokémon getting Pokérus? Or encountering a shiny?
Also, what are the chances of getting each on back to back days?
Yes, it did happen to me. :D

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Which is more rare; Your Pokémon getting Pokérus? Or encountering a shiny?
Also, what are the chances of getting both on back to back days?
Yes, it did happen to me. :D

The chance of finding a shiny is 1/8192 and a 3 in 65,536 for Pokerus. Maybe one of the Pokemon on your team gave the shiny Pokerus during the battle? I don't know the ratio for both, sorry.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
So I've been trying to get my way through super singles in the battle subway and no luck getting past the first 7 so far -_- So I was just wondering if i do beat 7 in a row will I recieve the standard 3bp or more? Because I don't want to be wasting my time when I could be picking easy Bp up on the regular single train...

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
Yeh i checked both versions on serebii, my one is like the one on the right
Japanese Dream World Pokemon are shiny-checked (AKA can't be shiny). I've heard nothing about Eu/A games not being shiny checked. Some of the drawings on the DW itself are slightly off their normal colors, it's probably just that.

Sloth Tamer

Sloth attack victim? PM me.
Years
How come these freaking Patrats keep dodging like every 1 in 5 attack from my darumaka that i'm EV training? it's level 24, it shouldn't miss this much on level 2-4's.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
^ Level has nothing to do with your chance of hitting. You are likely just using an inaccurate attack.

Sloth Tamer

Sloth attack victim? PM me.
Years
Is volcarona considered a legendary? I know you can get the egg to hatch, AND you can catch it, but in the games dialogue, it says Volcarona was "revered as a sun god"

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Is volcarona considered a legendary? I know you can get the egg to hatch, AND you can catch it, but in the games dialogue, it says Volcarona was "revered as a sun god"

He's what you call a pseudo-legendary...not a legendary technically, but with the catch rate and near the power of one.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Correction: He is neither legendary, nor pseudo-legendary. Merely recorded in mythology, and pretty darn rare (although there are two ways to get them in your games - hatch and evolve Larvesta, or catch wild at lv.70). So, whilst it may have been "revered as a Sun god", it's merely a strong pokémon, commonly mistaken as a pseudo-legendary, like Haxorus or Flygon.

ceremony

rah rah
Years
I need a Special Attack moveset for my Samurott, which I EV'd in SpA and Sp.

Right now it knows Scald, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Air Slash

I like Surf over Hydro Pump but since I've been training it I sometimes enter double battles, and Surf messes that up.I love Ice Beam, and Air Slash is an egg move but I'm 50/50 on it due to its power. Any ideas?

ceremony

rah rah
Years
Hello, is Metang breed-able in Black? I really want to EV a Beldum from the start.

I'm pretty sure it is, all you need is a Ditto.

And make sure you have a Pokemon with the ability Flame Body or Magma Armor, since it takes a long time to hatch.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
There's a blockage in Twist Mountain, just near the Icirrus entrance.
I thought those usually disappeared after the E4, but it's still there. What is it?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Any ideas with the right nature/personality of a Solosis?

Depends on what you're going for. Modest is always good of course, but if you want to use Trick Room on it Quiet is a great one (+Sp.Atk, -Spd).

As far as personality, do you mean the characteristics? Those just reflect the IVs, so...you want one with high IVs I guess? Lmao.

ceremony

rah rah
Years
The IVs I usually go with what they're strong if, for example with Golurk, I EV'd his attack (along with him having a nature in attack) and he has an IV characteristic in it, but for Haxorus, he has a nature in attack and is EV'd in attack, but has an IV characteristic in Speed and so I EV'd him in speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back