• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I suggested calling it Spirit before as traditional fairies are a kind of spirit, however it maybe overlap with Ghost. Maybe call it the Mystic type? It'll it could be like of combo of the fairy and magic type speculations.

Eh, I don't really like Mystic either. Maybe it's just me, I feel like mystical and psychic things go together almost, so those two types would overlap as well. If anything, I'd want to see it be Light, if it ends up existing. Just seems like to be a general thing that encompasses everything that's being speculated about. It still overlaps with Electric and Fire in a technical kind of way, but I'm kind of over that. It just fits better =P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I see Psychic as more sci-fi and Mystic as more magical/spiritual, though you do have a point, Light does sound better. I just feel like the "Light" type may become like "Pokémon Grey", it's obvious but it doesn't happen :(.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I honestly dont see the problem with Fairy as a type. There are lots of kinds of Fairies and it could be something they could draw a lot from. If Sylveon is indeed Fairy and that type is real, I see no problem.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I like Fairy more too(even though I'm not sure I like the idea of it) because, while some are pointing out how suggestions sound like already existing types, Light sounds close enough to Electric. I'd hope for a different name.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't see anything wrong with calling it Fairy, I just prefer Light =P Honestly Sylveon could fit into either typing fairly well. The Fairy is obvious, but if Light can also be akin to goodness or something, Sylveon just looks positive and part of good, therefore part of the Light type.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
although I was completely against the thought of a new type ever existing, current evidence seems to highly point to that, so I'll just live with it :p

Anyway, instead of thinking light as how science defines it, an illumination in darkness, light can be viewed as reference to things holy or arcane in nature. Sylveon, from its name, directs it as fairies and we see fairies as either mysterious(arcane) or very magical(holy).

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I'm so tired of the "fairies aren't always pink and girly.." yeah we get it. One can't be forced to accept or like a new type whether it comes to pass or not.

I really don't see how Fairy will help balance anything out, we just need retyping or reworking of type advantages or disadvantages.

And is Sylveon is a Fairy type, I do wish it had wings. The bows really don't help with anything. I guess it can use the tips to feel Pokemon? Like how it evolves via a bond so it feels the bond between Pokemon and their trainers...

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
And is Sylveon is a Fairy type, I do wish it had wings. The bows really don't help with anything. I guess it can use the tips to feel Pokemon? Like how it evolves via a bond so it feels the bond between Pokemon and their trainers...

That's an interesting concept, but maybe more Bug-type than anything... Regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of reference of this idea in Sylveon's PokeDEX entry.

I do think "Light" can accommodate a broader amount of Pokemon than "Fairy" would, so I'd be more inclined to hope that the new type is named Light.

Just, please. Not Heart. That's awful.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Eh, I don't really like Mystic either. Maybe it's just me, I feel like mystical and psychic things go together almost, so those two types would overlap as well. If anything, I'd want to see it be Light, if it ends up existing. Just seems like to be a general thing that encompasses everything that's being speculated about. It still overlaps with Electric and Fire in a technical kind of way, but I'm kind of over that. It just fits better =P
I don't think Sylveon will be Light. Sylveon does not look like it has anything with light. I don't think light type will exist at all. Helioptile is Electric/Normal and it has a lot to do with light. My best guess is Fairy/Nymph/Wisp type. Something like that.

Also, notice how its colors scheme is pinkish & light blue on the ribbons and its ears? The dominant colors in Xerneas and Yveltal? The blue and the reddish-pink.

:D

Something about this paragraph gave me a crazy idea! Maybe Sylveon has something too do with Xerneas and Yveltal! Some sort of thing that has to do with Xerneas and Yveltal could be a held item that if Eevee leveled up while holding it, it would evolve into Sylveon. It's crazy but still possible.

Last edited:
Years
At this point I'd say it is highly unlikely that Sylveon will have anything to do with Xerneas and Yveltal. Simply because I think that detracts from the impact and importance of the legendaries and almost hands over the spotlight to Sylveon. What you say makes it sound as though they were invented for the sole purpose of evolving an eevee which, whilst even if you are right, would be far from truth but still enough to take away from the game as a whole.

I'm going to guess that it is either another location-based evolution, another item evolution or something entirely new as we have seen with the previous eeveelutions (bond system?)

Years
Sylveon practically has taken the attention away from the legends, most often one sees more speculation on Syl's type than the mascots >_<.
I think the bond system will be what evolves it considering it's looks.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I really don't think Sylveon being shown at about the same time as the legends has anything to do with the three of them being related. If anything, being related to Eevee and having a new evolution is enough for it to be revealed ahead of time, as the Eeveelutions are so dang popular. As the three of the being related, though I doubt it. The only thing that would probably link them is if Sylveon is a new type and one of the legends has the type as well, but that itself is barely a link.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021

The way I see it Psychic is related to the mind and it's a very inner personal ability. Whereas Mystic is related to an unknown questionable source of power that stems from the universe. The power is all around and the pokemon taps into it. So it's a more outward non-personal ability.

Whereas Psychic is logical and calculating. Mystic (or magic) is spontaneous and often unpredictable. Psychic is related to willpower and strength of the mind. Mystic is related to passion, dreams and wishes.

That's how I would separate the two at least.

Years
The way I see it Psychic is related to the mind and it's a very inner personal ability. Whereas Mystic is related to an unknown questionable source of power that stems from the universe. The power is all around and the pokemon taps into it. So it's a more outward non-personal ability.

Whereas Psychic is logical and calculating. Mystic (or magic) is spontaneous and often unpredictable. Psychic is related to willpower and strength of the mind. Mystic is related to passion, dreams and wishes.

That's how I would separate the two at least.
This is what I was thinking when I brought up the name Mystic over Fairy. It's really more spiritual and magical than psychic and ghost is how I see it.

Anyways I hope that Sylveon has a diverse movepool. I see it learning Blizzard, Thunder, and Fire Blast for some reason.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Wouldn't it be interesting that the rumored "Fairy-type" in which Sylveon was said to be... turned out to be under a totally different name? xD

Let's see... Magic-type? Mystic-type? Who knows what it's going to be, I'm definitely speculating over a brand new type here that's weak against Steel and Poison, strong against Ice from what I saw on Pokémon Smash. :P

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
It probably will be; the game is marketed to both sexes so they might just change it to 'Light' or whatever so boys would use them, plus there's the whole thing of types in japanese not having the same literal translation to English [ie Dark is Evil in japanese].

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... just imagine Sylveon being a Light-type, wouldn't really sound fitting... but if they really had Fairy-type renamed to Light-type, I'd also think about the Fairy egg group as well... in which was exactly the same name in both Japanese and English versions of every Pokémon game from Generation II and onwards.

Fairy-type, Mystic-type or Magic-type sounds more fitting for Sylveon. ;)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Wouldn't it be interesting that the rumored "Fairy-type" in which Sylveon was said to be... turned out to be under a totally different name? xD

Let's see... Magic-type? Mystic-type? Who knows what it's going to be, I'm definitely speculating over a brand new type here that's weak against Steel and Poison, strong against Ice from what I saw on Pokémon Smash. :P

I would prefer if they called it Magic type, it seems like it would cover a broader range of pokemon than Fairy would.

Years
Unlike most people who think this cutie would be a so-called "Fairy-type" I actually think this thing might actually be a Flying-type because, let's face it, a new type would completely change things up and we're way too familiar with the type chart as it is right now, since it's been that way since 2nd Gen.

I bet the reason Sylveon looks like a Flying-type is because I saw an image of it on Pokememes depicting it using those ribbon things on its body to fly, like a propeller or something. I know the recent Pokemon Sunday footage depicted being weak to Poison and Steel, which would suggest a new type, but I bet it's not really gonna be a new type. I also know most pink Pokemon tend to be Normal-type, like what that posted said there about Audino also being a pink Normal-type. So I might also think Normal-type is a possibility.

Back