• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny treatment!

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I usually try to use a pokemon if it's a shiny. Even something like the Bellossom I got as my first shiny, even though I couldn't battle with it, I used for sleep powdering other pokemon to catch.

Sirfetch’d

I put it directly on my team even if it is a bad Pokemon and immediately start training it just so I can see it sparkle in battle. It's special to me no matter what!

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I put it directly on my team even if it is a bad Pokemon and immediately start training it just so I can see it sparkle in battle. It's special to me no matter what!

Agreed. There's no such thing as a 'bad' shiny in my view, it doesn't change the fact that it is incredibly rare!

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I have never owned a shiny. Since I don't look for them, I evidently don't care about them, so I wouldn't expect myself to treat a shiny any differently. If I wanted to use its species anyway, great; if I didn't, bartering it off for a monster I want seems to be the most constructive usage, actually.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If it's a Pokémon I like (or just can stand) then I'll 90% of the time use it for my team, but if it's a Pokémon don't like much I'll just trade it for one I do like. It's always a lot of fun finding one and it's a great surprise, plus they're a lot of fun to collect, so I do make a point to catch them when I find one.

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
I HAD a shiny box once... I had to sell my game though. *Cries because I had shiny boxES*

I see them as trophies and unless it's like a red Gyarados (Which is my favorite pokemon period. I don't really care about it's normal counterpart though.) I do not use them all often. What use is a shiny bidoof? Never an HM slave, but never a used pokemon.

Back