• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: YAPE (Yet Another Pokemon Editor)

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
I would appreciate the help if someone could help me.

When I add a custom sprite and replace a pokemon with it, then say make a pokemon like Charizard evolve at a certain level. He ends up trying to evolve but stops and doesn't evolve and at the end the message goes

...?

any clue as to what's up with that? Thanks for any help I can get.

EDIT: I'm using Fire Red btw.

Last edited:

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
Years
I absolutely love YAPE.
props to you!
it outdoes pokemon editor pro by a long shot.
good luck on 2.0. I can't wait!

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
When I opened the editor for the first time, I got this message:

whatstheproblem.png

why do i need it, and where do I download it
This, and most other errors (especially before the GUI appears) are not the programmer's fault - rather the fault of Microsoft and their VB "compilers".

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Well, after many times of using this tool, it has never failed me once. It is great, I especially love the editing of the pokedex. Its so simple, easy to use, and changes everything! GO YAPE!!!

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2008
This program is amazing thanks! The previous Pokemon editors don't work in Emerald, so this is a godsend for the hack we are working on :)

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I agree with Sir Spanky (we're actually working on the same project)

I've never make a full serious game, though I've played around with some other programs just for fun, and I can easily say that this is the absolute best one for editing Pokemon.

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
hey everytime i load a rom it keeps saying
"Error loading ROM. Unrecognized ROM."
im using a firered rom and i would really like some help here

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Well, it used to say my ROM didn't exist.
Now it says, "ROM configuration not initialized."
I assume that means I need an .ini file of some sort?
Can someone help me? I'm using an Emerald ROM.

hoyboy

The Eevee trainer
Years
Very great and amazing tool I've only been using it for a week or so but I really like it. Is there any chance you could incorporate into it a preview of what the new pokedex will look like after someone edits it with your program.

Years
  • Age 31
  • F:\u
  • Seen Oct 25, 2008
This, and most other errors (especially before the GUI appears) are not the programmer's fault - rather the fault of Microsoft and their VB "compilers".

No...It's not Microsoft's fault. If you have Service Pack 2, you ought to have this version of the .NET framework. The problem is, people don't know how to sufficiently update their computers, or even how to search the internet for the framework.

In essence, the only person other than the user who the fault can fall to would be the programmer; it's technically a bug, really! Just code something into your program that detects whether you have the up-to-date framework installed, and if not, install it, or point them in the right direction.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
Years
problemmv9.png

help plszes. :( I Don't think I have service pack 2 either since I got a virus and had to redo windows. so yeah. Is there any way? I tried downloading framework and it said it needed something else to run, and that something else had to be paid for.

iEdster

iPwn
Years
I can translate to French, and possibly spanish, if you want.
Just PM me, whenever I am on I will reply, send me the words and stuff needed to be translated :)

Back