• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Good jobs,i like it!!!!!
Could you make the patch?Beacuse i don't know why i can't do it in my computer.

Making a patch for it would break what I think is one of the most important things here, that is being dynamic. What exactly is your issue?

noticed something about sucker punch, it should fail vs other priority moves when the user is slower. like if you and your opp. both uses sucker punch only the faster one would hit and the slower should fail. Also, i don't think that skill link is working. :)

Thanks for identifying those. It's fixed now :)

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Can't wait for the megas and formes to be completed also do you guys plan on adding the pokemon expansion?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 10, 2017
Not sure if there is a bug with altering learnsets, or whether I did something wrong. Changed the learnset file, as I was advised previously, to update the learnsets. Trying to build resulted in failure. I initially had a couple of errors due to typos, but they have been resolved. The others... I can't see an issue in. For examples, with kings shield, I actually copied and pasted it directly from the Aegislash bit near the bottom.

To play it safe, I also did not change the number of total moves in a pokemon's learnset - just to try and reduce the chance of failure.

Can you see any error? Or is this a bug with those moves?

Thanks

learnsets.png

Years
Not sure if there is a bug with altering learnsets, or whether I did something wrong. Changed the learnset file, as I was advised previously, to update the learnsets. Trying to build resulted in failure. I initially had a couple of errors due to typos, but they have been resolved. The others... I can't see an issue in. For examples, with kings shield, I actually copied and pasted it directly from the Aegislash bit near the bottom.

To play it safe, I also did not change the number of total moves in a pokemon's learnset - just to try and reduce the chance of failure.

Can you see any error? Or is this a bug with those moves?

Thanks

Hey, so the issue probably came from the fact that moves past gen3 were wrongly named. What I mean is that we defined moves as MOVE_WORD_WORD where _ is a space whereas the move names in the learsnet.c file were named MOVE_WORDWORD. But anyway, I already corrected that, so download the latest update and you should be good to go.
Also, you can freely expand the amount of moves for a poke. Just remember to do it like {MOVE_NAME, lvl}

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
This is amazing can't wait for it to be completed keep up the amazing work please add the Pokémon expansion please!!! That would be an amazing thing for us to have at our disposal
Check the first post, it says it there. Also, no offense, that would be a terrible idea. I would prefer that as something that someone should do on their own. It's not hard to do.

This may be a stupid question, but three things:
1. Are you using kleenexfeu's Dynamic Emerald Base as a sort of resource to like at?

2. Why did you set it up with Python and not like kleenex's way, using an ASM compiler? In my opinion, that would be easier.

3. Have you looked into having three abilities? Two and then the hidden ability, since that's a thing in FireRed.

Years
1. Are you using kleenexfeu's Dynamic Emerald Base as a sort of resource to like at?

We're using some parts of his resource, mostly move and ability descriptions as well as fairy type image and his mega evolution animation.

2. Why did you set it up with Python and not like kleenex's way, using an ASM compiler? In my opinion, that would be easier.

Because ASM is limited compared to C. Python is just there to compile and easily insert new things. ASM won't ever let you have that ease of dynamic as C. What's more, this project would take much much longer to finish. The amount of things that we've done in C for 3 months would take us probably a year in ASM.

3. Have you looked into having three abilities? Two and then the hidden ability, since that's a thing in FireRed.

We may do that in the future. The reason we're not focusing on it rn, it's because it's not battle-related. We may release a separate code for it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
Hi DizzyEgg, I want to congratule you for your amazing job, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.
But I have some problems installing this. I tried to install many times following your installation guide and it didn't work for me. When I load the game in the emulator, my pokemons appears like an interrogation mark and if I want to check their status, the game crashes. If I want to make a search on the pokedex by type, it shows strange symbols and eventually crashes. If I want to battle against a wild Pokemon, the game freezes. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. I have some questions, I guess I have to expand my rom before installing your engine, but how much? 128 MB is ok? And how can I decide the best location to put the offset? I think you should explain better all of that thing for novel persons like me lol

Years
Hi DizzyEgg, I want to congratule you for your amazing job, I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.
But I have some problems installing this. I tried to install many times following your installation guide and it didn't work for me. When I load the game in the emulator, my pokemons appears like an interrogation mark and if I want to check their status, the game crashes. If I want to make a search on the pokedex by type, it shows strange symbols and eventually crashes. If I want to battle against a wild Pokemon, the game freezes. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what. I have some questions, I guess I have to expand my rom before installing your engine, but how much? 128 MB is ok? And how can I decide the best location to put the offset? I think you should explain better all of that thing for novel persons like me lol

The exclamations marks are caused by the pokemon encryption. See the additional features part of the OP. Basically you'll have to erase parts of 'negating pokemon encryption' in the file called 'bytereplacemt'. It can opened via NotePad.
The game may crash while loading types if you had previously applied mamala's Patch I think. You don't have to expand your rom, as for the location, it depends how much space you've already used. The default is 0xF00000 if I'm correct. Open your rom in HxD or any other Hex Editor and if the space there is occupied by 0xFF then you're good to go. Otherwise you should change it to where 0xFF bytes start.
You may want to also read the OP once again.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
The exclamations marks are caused by the pokemon encryption. See the additional features part of the OP. Basically you'll have to erase parts of 'negating pokemon encryption' in the file called 'bytereplacemt'. It can opened via NotePad.
The game may crash while loading types if you had previously applied mamala's Patch I think. You don't have to expand your rom, as for the location, it depends how much space you've already used. The default is 0xF00000 if I'm correct. Open your rom in HxD or any other Hex Editor and if the space there is occupied by 0xFF then you're good to go. Otherwise you should change it to where 0xFF bytes start.
You may want to also read the OP once again.

Ok I did it and now it work perfectly! Thank you! I'll stay tuned for more updates

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Just for the lolz, I inserted the data at 1F00000...it actually wrote the bytes there...you forgot to mention that the patch works on expanded space...THAT'S. SO. COOL. :D

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 10, 2017
Hey guys, I managed to get the learnsets working and - so far - everything now seems fine.

I just have a quick question about the fairy type. You mentioned using G3T for item editing, and I have also been using it for pokemon editing. Adding abilities is dead easy, but the fairy type isn't adding how I expected. In the list of types for the pokemon, one is listed as ???, which I assumed must be fairy. It wasn't. How would I go about adding the fairy type for Gardevoir, Clefable, Klefki, etc?

Thanks!

Years
Hey guys, I managed to get the learnsets working and - so far - everything now seems fine.

I just have a quick question about the fairy type. You mentioned using G3T for item editing, and I have also been using it for pokemon editing. Adding abilities is dead easy, but the fairy type isn't adding how I expected. In the list of types for the pokemon, one is listed as ???, which I assumed must be fairy. It wasn't. How would I go about adding the fairy type for Gardevoir, Clefable, Klefki, etc?

Thanks!

You have to make the tool recognize it. In the folder customization edit the file 'Pokemon Editor.ini'. Under all types add this line and save.
17=Fairy

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 10, 2017
Thanks. I had actually found it out just by messing around and tested it now!

Thanks for replying anyway :p

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
This is awesome, might have to port myself to Emerald when I actually have some motivation/inspiration.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 10, 2017
I think I've found a buggy ability. Battled a kecleon and noticed that it didn't change type as per Protean. Tried hitting with a normal attack after it used ghost (to check if it changed without notification) and it hit fine.

Quickly caught a Kecleon to double check it had the right ability and tested it. Recorded footage as a demonstration. It's no huge issue as Kecleon is probably going to be the only poke with that ability, but thought I'd let you guys know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amMBCRlFiMw

Years
I think I've found a buggy ability. Battled a kecleon and noticed that it didn't change type as per Protean. Tried hitting with a normal attack after it used ghost (to check if it changed without notification) and it hit fine.

Quickly caught a Kecleon to double check it had the right ability and tested it. Recorded footage as a demonstration. It's no huge issue as Kecleon is probably going to be the only poke with that ability, but thought I'd let you guys know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amMBCRlFiMw

Yes, Protean is not done yet, but thanks for telling anyway. :P

rickonstark

the forgotten son
Years
Here are the bugs I have encountered so far:
1.magic bounce & magic coat doesn't work
2.rapidspin doesn't remove hazards and doesn't free from trapping moves
3.spikes has 4 power
4.Not sure if unfinished move or bug but water shuriken is supposed to be multi-hit move and infestation & magma storm should trap target.
6.curse is broken, acts like the move present
7.forewarn shouldn't activate if the opp only has status moves
8.For magic guard, while not actually a bug, its kind of weird that when the user is targeted by trapping moves it immediately displays that the pokemon is freed from the move while the user still can't switch out. :)

Years
Here are the bugs I have encountered so far:
1.magic bounce & magic coat doesn't work
2.rapidspin doesn't remove hazards and doesn't free from trapping moves
3.spikes has 4 power
4.Not sure if unfinished move or bug but water shuriken is supposed to be multi-hit move and infestation & magma storm should trap target.
6.curse is broken, acts like the move present
7.forewarn shouldn't activate if the opp only has status moves
8.For magic guard, while not actually a bug, its kind of weird that when the user is targeted by trapping moves it immediately displays that the pokemon is freed from the move while the user still can't switch out. :)

Thanks for those! I think they should all be fixed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back