• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some input on my White 2 team, please!

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2012
Hey everyone! Looking for a little constructive criticism on my Pokemon White 2 in-game team. I'm aiming for a high amount of type-coverage and diverse movesets. If there are any Pokemon or moves you'd switch out, please comment!

Tyranitar with Sand Stream
Thunder
Blizzard
Stone Edge
Foul Play

Chandelure with Flame Body
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball

Swanna with Keen Eye
Fly
Surf
Hurricane
Ice Beam

Garchomp with Sand Veil
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Dragon Rush
Dig

Heracross with Guts
Megahorn
Close Combat
Brick Break
Night Slash

Metagross with Clear Body
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Thunder Punch
Bullet Punch

I'm pretty attached to the idea of this team, I've spent a while figuring out a decent type coverage. Obviously the most sensible Natures and EV training will be applied. Also, I'd like some input on hold items for these guys if possible, but if not, I'll fall back on the damage-increasing elemental items or things like Expert Belt. Let me know what you all think, good or bad!

eXeMegadeth

Why are we here?
Years
Your tyranitar should run more physical moves, It should have a set with good physical coverage. Keep stone edge and change all the other ones. Your chandelure is ok, but you should run a different coverage move and not 2 fire moves. You could replace Swanna with a Starmie, who will provide you with boltbeam coverage. This works well ingame as well. Get rid of dig on Garchomp. Get stone edge on him and Heracross. Lastly, I would recommend EQ>Bullet punch on metagross. Since this is ingame you should have an item like leftovers or life orb on most.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
In my opinion, I would recommend a less offensive approach to Chandelure. In my opinion, replacing one of the fire type moves with Calm Mind might help a bit in the long run, but you don't have to. Just an idea :).

Years
I guess I'll give you some help too.

It's best you ditch Swanna for another Water-type like Starmie, which outclasses it by a lot thanks to better stats and movepool. A good Starmie moveset should be made out of Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf and Psychic. Also, go for Natural Cure over Illuminate.

Thunder and Blizzard have terrible accuracy outside of rain and hail respectively, and Tyranitar has a higher Attack stat so give it more physical attacks.

Back