• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Hmm, I was really looking forward to playing the game, so I downloaded the demo of the newest version. Funny thing happened. None of the key commands work for me. I managed to start a new game by minimizing the window. After I did that, I could press the v key to advance the text. When I get to the name choosing screen, not a single key I press seems to do anything. At this point, minimizing the window again acted as the input key, but since I could not more the selection, all I can do is input A's for my name. Any input would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
Initial Key Config Not Working

Hmm, I was really looking forward to playing the game, so I downloaded the demo of the newest version. Funny thing happened. None of the key commands work for me. I managed to start a new game by minimizing the window. After I did that, I could press the v key to advance the text. When I get to the name choosing screen, not a single key I press seems to do anything. At this point, minimizing the window again acted as the input key, but since I could not more the selection, all I can do is input A's for my name. Any input would be appreciated.

Same thing happened to me in v7, so I DL'd v6. Same result. Not sure really sure what was going on. After a bit of trial and error, found that ALT would move through the text and select during the naming and "numpad 0" was the backspace but arrow keys didn't work. Took a cursory look through the files to see if i could manually change the key configuration, but either I missed it or I needed to look a little harder for it. Anyway... Just a bug report.

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
This is so awesome! Now it's not my game so I have no say, I'm only making a suggestion here, could you possibly release two versions? One with the current battle system and one with the original battle system? I think I'm not the only person who would like the ability to choose which battle system we wish to use (personally I would beat the game on both of them). It's just a suggestion, you don't have to take but I just figured I'd throw it out there.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
So a few bugs i've run into so far.
-In the academy if you try to battle the academy leader it crashes the game
So i'm having problems with the corrupted pokemon is what i'm guessing because every time I try to fight a corrupt pokemon it has a sound play that sounds like a monster growling and then it spams a message that says "Not implimented" over, and over, and over. Could I get some help? really enjoying the game besides that.
Edit: It also opens a window called "ActiveMovieWindow" Which is just a blank white screen.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I understood where was my mistake ! I copied/pasted the files, instead of replaced it on the main file ! Stupid me ...
Anyway, thank you for answering me =D
This game is really awesome !
No problem, good to see it works now. :)

Picked up Demo 7a for a short playthrough.
Haven't gotten Eevee yet, but...
-In the intro, before Oak, the first set of ellipses shouldn't have a space before them.
-WHOA BUCKEYE GOT A SEX CHANGE
-Map item picture is off centered when given by mother

Yeah... I didn't get too far ><
-yeah, I changed buckeye for more female representation in the game. lol.

P.S.: You definitely didn't know this at the time you first began developing the game, Aurum Troops are enemies in Kid Icarus: Uprising. When I first saw the name 'Aurum Town', it was the first thing that came to mind.
Hah, neat. Aurum actually means "Gold" in latin. which is why it's named aurum, cause that's the main character's default name.

I really like this game! The music, the story and the witty dialog, but especially the battle system, help make this game unique and distinct from the official games. This is the first fanmade game I've played, and so far it has been great :D I've laughed more than once!
Thanks for the support :D glad you enjoyed it.

Started playing this game, finally...
Anyway, there are quite many things that require fixing although otherwise, the game feels awesome.

The quest log has lots of bugs in it. I didn't find a place where you had these written down so I felt like I should reply here what I found.

Infinite loops: When choosing some of the "items", an infinite loop starts and you won't be able to escape from it any other way by closing the application (I didn't get far at the first time but it was still a bit annoying because I hadn't saved before I started viewing the items with quest log and had to start over).

I noticed the following items to have infinite loops in their scripts:
-Some of the Hidden Trophys
-Corrupted pokemon: Pinsir, Cacturne, Kingler, Pelipper, Arcanine, Heracross, Ninetails, Magcargo & Scyther
-Corrupted Voltorb + black palette unlike with other items

Other minor oddities:
-"Baby Steps" displays the same text as "Beginner Collector".
-"Export 20 ManMan... has a dot in the end of its description unlike other items.
-Corrupted Zubat is written in a different way that it should.
-Corrupted Abra/Kadabra, Phanpy/Donphan, Lairon/Aggron (I've a feeling these are not bugs but felt like reporting them anyway).
-Defeat the corrupted Laitos -quest.

Hopefully you'll get these fixed for the following versions!
(I'll get back to playing the game itself instead of searching for glitches from now on, hahha :D)
great work on finding bugs. fixing now.

Look below.
So a few bugs i've run into so far.
-In the academy if you try to battle the academy leader it crashes the game
So i'm having problems with the corrupted pokemon is what i'm guessing because every time I try to fight a corrupt pokemon it has a sound play that sounds like a monster growling and then it spams a message that says "Not implimented" over, and over, and over. Could I get some help? really enjoying the game besides that.
Edit: It also opens a window called "ActiveMovieWindow" Which is just a blank white screen.
look below.

Same thing happened to me in v7, so I DL'd v6. Same result. Not sure really sure what was going on. After a bit of trial and error, found that ALT would move through the text and select during the naming and "numpad 0" was the backspace but arrow keys didn't work. Took a cursory look through the files to see if i could manually change the key configuration, but either I missed it or I needed to look a little harder for it. Anyway... Just a bug report.

Not exactly sure why thoes bug happen, but try download this:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2fxi353ishdzj36
and paste it in the SPEE folder replacing the previous RPG_RT.exe file.

that might fix it, not exactly sure.

This is so awesome! Now it's not my game so I have no say, I'm only making a suggestion here, could you possibly release two versions? One with the current battle system and one with the original battle system? I think I'm not the only person who would like the ability to choose which battle system we wish to use (personally I would beat the game on both of them). It's just a suggestion, you don't have to take but I just figured I'd throw it out there.

Yeah, it would be neat to have both battle systems, but the only way i could do that is remaking the whole game using RMXP instead of RM2k3.

playplayj

TheArchangle
Years
^ Oh I understand, that would be a lot of extra work just for one little thing. Thanks for the reply though, I really appreciate it!

Also I'm having trouble playing this on my mac... Any help?

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023

If you mean something like my USB Xbox 360 controller or a gamepad similar to it, then yes. I was able to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my computer, along with it's latest drivers. Then, I configured a program called Xpadder to tell what button does what. Anyway, I believe you should be able to, but no guarantees.

Back on topic, I have noticed the glitch as well about getting stuck after meeting "M" when you interact with things.

No, I meant a computer gamepad, not a game system one.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
I know I should use the search thing up top but I'm in a rush and I'm curious to know if you can play this on a macbook or not.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
Hmm, well thanks to that alternate link, I can play, but I also have some bugs to report, and I'm sure I'll find more later. I apologize if these have been found already.

-In the Pokemon academy in Ventus city, in the Body path there is a kid, after you defeat him, his says something about if you lose. Thing is, lose is spelled incorrectly as loose.
-I tried to battle the acadamy master, and I got an error that popped up, then the game closed. "Event script referenced a monster group that does not exist."
-Inside the academy, before I beat both challenges, I called Oak. The script said wasn't supposed to happen until after I beat the Academy.

Once again, sorry if these were found already. I'll come up with another list later when I'm trying to bug test the game, right now I'm just playing and ignoring most of the bugs.

DemonDM

Let's Player
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
Hey guys I spotted a bug, at least I hope it's a bug, the game doesn't let me play, the controls are screwed up, I can't move the the letter selecter, z, enter and scape don't work as they are supposed too, alt is supposebly doing z, enter and space's function and I can't go past the name input screen

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2013
Hey, I'm really loving the game so far but is there an option somewhere where I can turn the volume of the game down? When I'm in a voicechat with my friends the volume is so loud I can't even hear then talking.
Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
Hey guys I spotted a bug, at least I hope it's a bug, the game doesn't let me play, the controls are screwed up, I can't move the the letter selecter, z, enter and scape don't work as they are supposed too, alt is supposebly doing z, enter and space's function and I can't go past the name input screen

Look a few posts up at DarkDoom's last post. In reply to several other people who have had that same problem, he posted a link that will remedy the problem when you replace the file.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Probably a problem on my side, but what does the error message "RPG Advocate is cool" mean?
I re-ran the program and it was fine, but I'm just curious.

EDIT: Spell check.
Spoiler:

EDIT2: Well, schools pretty much over. (Spell check)
Spoiler:

EDIT3: Yep, I'm just bored today. Waiting for graduation :P
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
Misnamed Pokemon in v0.7a

I've only noticed one, (only because I have him in the party and have been grinding up to 36 just to have him in v0.7a) but Typhlosion is named "Typlosion" (no h).

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2018
Problem. I just downloaded the game but when I try to attack a corrupted Pokemon like the Zubat or the first bait trap the game crashes with a serpent of 'Not Implemented Yet' error windows.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Also I'm having trouble playing this on my mac... Any help?
I know I should use the search thing up top but I'm in a rush and I'm curious to know if you can play this on a macbook or not.

It's a native windows application, that said, im running linux only these days, so i know theres options out there.

-WINE: basically a windows emulator. I've had mixed performance with this. :/ sometimes works great, no music though. other times it fails to boot up.
-WindowsXP virtual machine: this is how im using to build/play the game. sometimes runs a little sluggish. but has full music and doesn't really *fail*. for some reason, can't seem to use the pokedex browser on it though.
-or just boot camp it.

Working like a charm now. Thanks for the help.
Yay! it works! :D

No, I meant a computer gamepad, not a game system one.
It doesn't have native gamepad support, but you can remap the gamepad buttons to the game's buttons.
I actually sometimes play spee with my ps3 controller. works pretty decently.
Hmm, well thanks to that alternate link, I can play, but I also have some bugs to report, and I'm sure I'll find more later. I apologize if these have been found already.

-In the Pokemon academy in Ventus city, in the Body path there is a kid, after you defeat him, his says something about if you lose. Thing is, lose is spelled incorrectly as loose.

Once again, sorry if these were found already. I'll come up with another list later when I'm trying to bug test the game, right now I'm just playing and ignoring most of the bugs.
good to see it's working. -fixed. bugs.

tried doing that and it didn't work :s

hmm... are you sure you overwrote the RPG_RT.exe file? the icon should be of a castle, or sword(?) now.

Hey, I'm really loving the game so far but is there an option somewhere where I can turn the volume of the game down? When I'm in a voicechat with my friends the volume is so loud I can't even hear then talking.
Thanks in advance
theres sadly no volume option ingame :/
It's a frustration I have aswell. for some reason the game is REALLY loud.
The best I could do is go through the game and look for every instance of music/sound playing and lower the volume. as you can guess, that would take a lot of work. and it's something i've decided to bench until later.

depending on the operating system (vista, win7, ubuntu, etc) each application has it's own volume that you can change. so lowering the volume of RPG_RT.exe would help greatly.

Probably a problem on my side, but what does the error message "RPG Advocate is cool" mean?
I re-ran the program and it was fine, but I'm just curious.
Ah, i think RPG Advocate is the guy who translated RPGmaker 2003.
since there was no official translation.

think it sometimes pops up randomly.

EDIT: Spell check.
Spoiler:

EDIT2: Well, schools pretty much over. (Spell check)
Spoiler:

EDIT3: Yep, I'm just bored today. Waiting for graduation
Spoiler:
whoa. thanks :D
thats a lot of fixes, I better start working through that now.
-fixed.

I've only noticed one, (only because I have him in the party and have been grinding up to 36 just to have him in v0.7a) but Typhlosion is named "Typlosion" (no h).
cool, -fixed.

Problem. I just downloaded the game but when I try to attack a corrupted Pokemon like the Zubat or the first bait trap the game crashes with a serpent of 'Not Implemented Yet' error windows.
Hmm... not sure why that would happen. try replace RPG_RT.exe with
this

----

Well, I'm leaving for camp tomorrow morning, so I won't be posting for three weeks.
Yay nerd camp?
good luck at nerd camp!
coincidentially, my simester break ends in 3 weeks. :O

Minor Update

My simester break started this past week. (2.5/4 years of uni completed :D)

and work progress on SPEE has skyrocketed. I've gone and redone most of the script... again.
And i've inserted new scenes in. which *should* make the storyline more easy to follow. Chapter 3 is all but done, it's quite different than before, with new events and whatnot.
and chapter 4 shouldn't take too long to complete. which is where the next version, v0.7b should end.

so look forward to seeing the next version in the next few weeks (or @BCKC- when you come back from camp)

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
Dang, Dark. Nice work on the all of the bug fixes. There were quite a few that BCKC had. And good work on getting through uni; just 1.5 years left! Can't wait for the v0.7b update. Keep up the good work!

Back