• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Is there anyway to activate an event by touching another event?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 25, 2020
I'm trying to make the rival sprite take the player to the lab but I have no idea how to get him to do that straight after his text on the event you stand on.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 25, 2021
You need to use switches, or how the event starts(Search on Youtube or Wiki, my english is bad so i don't want to make a tutorial here...)

Years
If you use pbSetSelfSwitch(X,"A",true), being X the number of the event that you want to activate, you can start one event while another is working. Example --> pbSetSelfSwitch(40,"A",true)

This script activates the A switch of that event, so be sure that the things that you want are in the page activated with the A switch.

I don't know if this is what you asked, but is a very useful method.

Lou Dingo

the artist formerly known as eboxiv
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 1, 2024
can't you simply let the trigger event you are standing on move the Rival and the Player via 'set move route' commands?

check the rival controller events on Route 3 example map

Back