• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokémon Kismet

Rakugan

Garuka
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 23, 2023
So I've always been interested in making a fan game, but I lose motivation easily so I never managed to start anything. But recently, I felt I wanted to make a game with a decent story, challenging battles, something good. And I have, although it's only been a few days I'm going at a slow but steady pace. Alright, here's the idea then:

Creating the game with RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pokémon Kismet (meaning fate; destiny)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Story - As the world moves on, so does its inhabitants. Towns grow into cities, wildlife grows fiercer, and what may have seemed the norm isn't anymore. Living in the war-torn region of Caelum, our protagonist manages a normal life. However, graduating from PokéSchool leaves them with no choice but to take a job in the real world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Basically the setting is, as said, in a place of war. Factions of groups with different ideals are fighting to press their cultures onto the whole region. As such, people are afraid since they could be drafted to become a soldier, and take on safe jobs like fossil revivers, mart workers, daycare workers, etc. The player is unlucky and finds out (maybe at a job recruitment place?) that all "safe" jobs have been taken. The player gets drafted as a soldier into the faction that rules over their city. After being given a starter, the player ventures through the region, defeating enemy soldiers, completing odd jobs, and rising through the ranks via gym battles. That's pretty much what I have so far, I have a document to lay out my story, and hopefully I can make something decent.

Planning for more than 8 gyms, customization, episodic releases (I think that playing in "episodes" might be fun? Plus it seems easier to manage), pokémon up to gen 7 (unless we have access to gen 8 stuff), a dark storyline, and whatever else would add to a fun game.

Right now, I have only drafted some maps (trying to make my own tilesets besides the ones people have made and Pokémon essentials provides), and I'm making the playable characters (not really making, just making the skin tones different for the choices I'll give). I'm probably going to recruit freelancers since I saw that forum in PokéCommunity, but other than that I've just started. Kind of glad I'm doing this though, because I can really appreciate the people who've made fan games cause they take a lot of work. That's pretty much it, I think I can edit this post so when I make more progress I'll share it with you all then.

Oh, and if you're interested in helping (I'm a complete noob), message me on Discord @Garuka#8217
I still have to add bots and roles to the server, but I'm happy to converse about the game through DMs.

Hopefully that made some sense, and thank you for reading!! It'd be great if you'll play when the game releases :) I'll try to answer any questions to the best of my abilities.

Back