• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Resource requests

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
By coming back here and checking to see if someone replied to your request.

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2010
Help... please...

Hi! I'm new to the whole map-making things, and I was wondering if anyone has any indoor tiles other than kyledove's? I was planning on making a game using Pokémon-esque cityscapes, however I can only find diversity in the OUTDOOR tiles... any help is greatly appreciated.

I especially need tiles for the Pokemon Mansion, some tiles from any 4th gen "lab" (couldn't think of a better way to put it, as i couldn't think of a location), and the tiles to either the Pokéathlon Dome, or the Contest Dome in Hearthome.

Also, any of the tiles for gyms would be great...

~Kuro

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
Character Shadows

I have a script for character shadows (Walk by a street light, shadow on ground.) that works great on RMXP. But I try to put it in Pokemon essentials and syntax galore. It refers to classes changed by Picolli. Can someone please modify it for essentials for me, or tell me a better way to get what I'm after. Please Help.

CeFurkan0

Pokemon MMORPG PokemonCraft
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Feb 13, 2011
i need HG/SS some maps to be ripped of

i will pay money for this job

i want maps like this

HGSS_Route_8.png

please pm me if you are interested in

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Here's Something Im Sure Everyone Agrees With

Hi I was Wondering Can Anybody Here Resize HGSS Overworlds Please PM me If You Can.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I have a script for character shadows (Walk by a street light, shadow on ground.) that works great on RMXP. But I try to put it in Pokemon essentials and syntax galore. It refers to classes changed by Picolli. Can someone please modify it for essentials for me, or tell me a better way to get what I'm after. Please Help.
Essentials already has shadows in it. Look in the notes to find out how to use them (you need a light source in order to cast shadows).

Hi I was Wondering Can Anybody Here Resize HGSS Overworlds Please PM me If You Can.
I can, and so can you! Open your nearest copy of Paint, select everything, then click the "resize" button. The rest is even simpler than that!

Assuming your sprites have transparency in them, though, go download yourself a free copy of Paint.NET, and do pretty much as above. It's not difficult, just tedious.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Thanks

Thanks For That Wondering How People Do That.
Edit: Actually The Image Gets Blurred And I Don't Like That.

Last edited:

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Thanks For That Wondering How People Do That.
Edit: Actually The Image Gets Blurred And I Don't Like That.

Probably because you don't have the setting right. If you used paint.net then there should be a drop down option that appears when you select the whole image. It normally says Quality: smooth, change it to pixelated then resize the image.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Nearest Neighbour doubles up the pixels without blurring anything (which is what all the default graphics in Essentials are like). Paint.NET only has three resize methods, and it's not difficult to test them all just to see what they do.

Obviously you can't get a sharp large image out of a smaller one. However you resize it, it's going to be blurry in one way or another.

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
Essentials already has shadows in it. Look in the notes to find out how to use them (you need a light source in order to cast shadows).

Thanks I found it. One more Question. How do you make a light source that casts a shadow at night but not in the day. Someone said use Outdoorlight but that just changes the light intensity not the shadow intensity. Thanks ahead of time if someone can help with this.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
For everyone asking for specific tiles from a DS game, here is the easiest do it yourself solution.
1) Download a DS emulator
2) Start the rom in the emulator and take screenshots of the game
3) Use an image editor to arange them so you can import them
4) Import the new images
That should help a whole lot of you guys, well I hope it does.

Pichuichu

Creator Of (Insert Here)
Years
Resizing

Hi Guys I Need Help, This Is A Request I Need Resized Sprites, Please Don't Say Stuff Like Oh I You Can Resize Them, Because I CAN'T Okay.

Also Ayone That Can Do This PM Me Cause It Would Help For My Fangame
[RMXP] Pokemon New Dawn.

Back