• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
Oh! So sorry. Just silly. This hack is absolutely amazing with new sprites and new moves. I can't wait for the coming beta :)

Years
Chaos rush, will you add Pokemon and trainer animation in this hack?
It will be great,if you add them.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alpha 2 is almost ready. Just making some finishing touches.

Here's some screenshots for now:
0_zpsc1cbfaa8.png
11-1_zpsb596e4c0.png
13-1_zpsf675986f.png
14-1_zps60898782.png
1-4_zpsce4230a1.png
2-3_zps52722ed0.png
3-2_zps7fd41000.png
4-2_zpsdc9c107e.png
5-1_zps48a2a1c8.png
6-2_zps8659213d.png

7-2_zpsd8bb9896.png
8-2_zpsa1cb2512.png
9-3_zps2a5dbcff.png
10-1_zps9eafcccc.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Alpha 2 has been released! Here is some stuff you can expect to see:
0_zpsd1940d89.png
2-3_zpsab09212f.png
5-1_zps5cfbd3ed.png

Here is the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?j35dvi2bcyb79zg

Patch to a clean FireRed ROM.

EDIT: Also, DO NOT use your save file from Alpha 1. Start a new game, because some variables have changed.

EDIT: If you already downloaded before reading this edit, PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD. There was a major glitch in Charmeleon's moveset that has been fixed.

Last edited:

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Just wondering, will DarkVilet be the first of a planned Saga?

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
this is the best hack I've ever played. You're really a hero Chaos Rush

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
http :// i42.tinypic.com/98aoad.jpg found a little bug :)
I will address that along with another bug I found in Alpha 2.2, which I will release shortly. I'm going to wait to see if there are any other bugs first though, so I don't end up releasing minor revisions every few hours lol

Just wondering, will DarkVilet be the first of a planned Saga?
idk. A long time ago I envisioned it to be an entry in a 4-part series, but me finishing 4 hacks is kind of unrealistic considering how long DarkViolet has been in developmental hell. At this point, there are only 2 planned games, DarkViolet and DarkCrystal.

how long is this beta ???
It goes up to Pewter City. You can battle Brock, and there's also a Team Rocket event right after.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
One of THE greatest hacks on PC.

Loving the Alpha, may do another playthrough on youtube of it. :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
To address minor glitches with Alpha 2.1, here is Alpha 2.2:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zxvr4h6jgglo4ak

Changelog:
-"follow me" guy in Pewter City fixed
-Museum clerk freeze fixed
-All flags are re-adjusted accordingly when losing to Kamon in Pewter Museum, thus fixing all glitches related to it
-extremely minor dialogue change in Pewter Museum event
-when receiving the Old Amber from Brock, the correct Key Item fanfare now plays

EDIT: @Mees, Dammit, I forgot about fixing that minor graphic error. But whatever, it will be fixed by Beta 1 lol

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
To address minor glitches with Alpha 2.1, here is Alpha 2.2:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zxvr4h6jgglo4ak

Changelog:
-"follow me" guy in Pewter City fixed
-Museum clerk freeze fixed
-All flags are re-adjusted accordingly when losing to Kamon in Pewter Museum, thus fixing all glitches related to it

EDIT: @Mees, Dammit, I forgot about fixing that minor graphic error. But whatever, it will be fixed by Beta 1 lol

Woooot!!! Finally! Thanks Chaos Rush! I can finally try it!

EDIT: I'm a bit concerned about some things though. Isn't giving the Player 3 Oran Berries and 10 Potions at the start of the game making it so easy for the Player? It's just an opinion though.

J4F: And if I had a picture of the man giving you 10 Potions as a sample product of the PokeMart, I'll caption it; "Here let me give you 10 Potions as a sample. Great, now I'm broke, and the store's broke. I just gave 10 Potions to a pretty rich kid with 3000 Pokedollars as allowance."

And just a little bit annoying question:
How did you achieve the "[PLAYER] recieved 10 Potions."? And is this, in anyway related to it?

Last edited:
Back