• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you play pirated games? Is it illegal in your country

MM980

"You said you have a dream...That dream...Make it
Years
Anyone play pirated/Cracked version of games ?
+ Is it illegal in where you live
It is not illegal in my country/ State and only a very few in my state have original version (mostly famous youtubers)

pkmin3033

I'm...pretty sure piracy is illegal in every country. Not that it really seems to matter unless you make money off of doing it or broadcast you're doing it by uploading it onto websites for selfish corporations like Nintendo to issues copyright strikes against.

Anyways, I have played ROMs of games before - primarily old games that aren't available on current generation systems that I have no way to access otherwise. As far as I'm concerned, even if it's illegal, it's morally acceptable. I'm not going to just go without a game because the publishers can't be bothered to make it available. They've had the money for it, so why should I pay some scalper an obscene price to experience it? If it's made available at a respectable price - i.e. none of this full RRP digital-only rubbish, or god forbid PS5 game pricing - I'm happy to pay for it. Otherwise? ROMs are fair game.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
I used to do it, I did it cause I was bored and wanted to try if my laptop could handle some, my laptop though isnt in good shape anymore. My PC I have now is better for gaming, but I still dont. I hacked my ps3 once, I just simply got bored of it and such, I got bored of emulating games, etc. I rather own the game or console now.

MM980

Years
I used to play before I knew what was original or pirate.
Now I am sad because I know how difficult it is to make game because I also make 3D PC games and upload FOR FREE.
I can't afford original games.
But i bought original Assassins Creed Unity in Black Friday sale.
When I become big, I will buy my favourite games to support the devs and wash away my pirate sins.
There are some game shops in my district and they SELL PIRATED GAMES, It is not illegal un my country.
I also think that some games are really really expensive.
I AM SO SAD THAT I PLAY PIRATED GAMES, CUZ I CANT AFFORD AND I DONT HAVE THAT MUCH NET, NOR ANY MODEM, SO I WANT TO GO FOR PARTS BY PARTS DOWNLOAD

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
Now I am sad because I know how difficult it is to make game because I also make 3D PC games and upload FOR FREE.

I know most sites that provide the downloads of ROMs, and ISO recommend people to only download to try out a game, and to recommend to buy the official version, but we all know anyone going to a pirate site for ROMs, and ISO's arent doing that, they're doing it to play the full game and keep their cash.

Back in the day when I didnt have a job i would rip out ISOs of PSP games and save them as back up saves, I would never share them or pass it around it was for my use only to back up my games. I do know systems like Dreamcast can play backups games, etc. I think backups are fine to have as long as you keep them to yourself and no sharing links or giving it away for profit. I own every game legal I used to have illegal, i just use them as a backup or if i can test my slow laptop.
But its illegal here in the US and California.

Years
no one cares in the Philippines lmao we literally have shops lined up around public areas filled to the brim with pirated movies and games, and no one bats an eye.

i for one only pirate stuff that's too expensive for me to purchase (e.g. adobe subscription plan). my philosophy is simple; if i can afford it, i buy it. if i can't, but i literally need it, i sail the seven seas.

MM980

Years
no one cares in the Philippines lmao we literally have shops lined up around public areas filled to the brim with pirated movies and games, and no one bats an eye.

i for one only pirate stuff that's too expensive for me to purchase (e.g. adobe subscription plan). my philosophy is simple; if i can afford it, i buy it. if i can't, but i literally need it, i sail the seven seas.

Same in my country, no one cares. kind of LUCK.

PS : Zubats didn't cause COVID - Well, when they come while playing pokemon with my 4 yr bro, I shout out CORONA VAVVAAL (vavvaal means bat) XD

Back