• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Erm, what is his name again?

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
That's right! I remember now! His name is von Sternen!

So, hey everybody. I used to have an account here way back when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, Obama had yet to take up office and I only had a cheesy, patchy mustache instead of a somewhat patchy, scruffy beard.

As it happens, I've recently came back to playing videogames - or in Pokémon's case, its challenges - because I've been kind of bored and procrastinating on a lot of stuff I really shouldn't and here I am!

Nice to see all of you (again), and I hope we'll have a great time.

Years
Pokemon is one of those things that is super easy to get back into, I'm glad you're enjoying it again!

I'm sure you will know your way around, so I'll just say welcome (back) to the community :)

Years
Love the intro mate huehue. And high fives from a fellow procrastinator!

Glad to have you back! I'm sure you'll have a solid time once more in Pokecommunity. For sure there's been lots of changes since you left, but hopefully they're good ones!

And might I just say, I love your flair design. Can i ask how you got that fade to work for your background color?

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Love the intro mate huehue. And high fives from a fellow procrastinator!

Glad to have you back! I'm sure you'll have a solid time once more in Pokecommunity. For sure there's been lots of changes since you left, but hopefully they're good ones!

And might I just say, I love your flair design. Can i ask how you got that fade to work for your background color?

Glad you liked it!

I think I like most of the changes so far yes, flairs being one of them - there are a lot of flairs that make me go "whoa" and wish I knew their secrets.

As for my background "color", it's actually a gradient on the main block:
Code:
background: radial-gradient(ellipse at bottom, #1b2735 0%, #090a0f 100%);

There are a lot of very talented CSS people out there. I'm not one of them but they like posting demos which have open source licenses, so yay.

Years
Glad you liked it!

I think I like most of the changes so far yes, flairs being one of them - there are a lot of flairs that make me go "whoa" and wish I knew their secrets.

As for my background "color", it's actually a gradient on the main block:
Code:
background: radial-gradient(ellipse at bottom, #1b2735 0%, #090a0f 100%);

There are a lot of very talented CSS people out there. I'm not one of them but they like posting demos which have open source licenses, so yay.

thank you! i'm stealing that huehue. and yeah lotsa people here indeed have amazing looking flairs. as soon as i fully wrap my head around CSS (and get my color theory and font choices in check), i'm sure to be one of them as well in the future lol.

Years
That's right! I remember now! His name is von Sternen!

So, hey everybody. I used to have an account here way back when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, Obama had yet to take up office and I only had a cheesy, patchy mustache instead of a somewhat patchy, scruffy beard.

As it happens, I've recently came back to playing videogames - or in Pokémon's case, its challenges - because I've been kind of bored and procrastinating on a lot of stuff I really shouldn't and here I am!

Nice to see all of you (again), and I hope we'll have a great time.

well howdy! welcome back to the community! if you ever want to access your old account, contact me or another one of the admins, and we can get you in there! :D

Back