• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Pokemon game set in the prehistoric era

Years
This is my first post here, hello everyone!

I'm currently making a fan-game of pokemon that take place in prehistoric era (tribal stuff). I never know making a fan game is so interesting. I'm making the game using RPG Maker with pokemon essentials. The game is still in early development, and maybe very slow update because I'm working alone.

THE IDEA
The basic idea is the player's region is made by several 'villages' or tribes instead of town (towns in pokemon is too small to be called a town anyway). Obviously our fancy pokeball didn't exist back then, so trainers had to use ancient "Pokeballs". The pokemon is the regular pokemon that we know and love but also considering the time period (not too mechanical). No gym challenges, the player will fight the tribe leader instead. To make the starters unique, using freezed fossil pokemon as starters maybe a reasonable idea. Battle systems probably same as usual. Pokemon centers and markets will be replaced. Overhaul of tilesets and character sprites to match the theme.

THE STORY
The region is shaped by 'The Collosal Titan' (Regigigas). Before the titan falls asleep, it made several other titans. Humans befriended these titans and fights alongside them. Each tribes got their own titans to protect themselves. The region is terrorized by a group of exiled individuals that wanted to control regigigas to reshape the land. The player need to fight tribe leaders all over the region to stop the threat. There will be 5 tribes (based on the regis).

DEVELOPMENT
Nothing to show yet, I still need to figure out mechanics (pokedex and stuffs) and currently working with the graphics. Will update as soon as possible.

Thank you for reading this.
<3

Years
Hi!, thank you for your excitement about this project. Since I'm reducing my online presence, I will not continue the project. However, a friend of mine is now actualizing the idea with better sprites and a much faster development rate. I'll personally message you about their project.

Back