• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Work it! The fashion club

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
giphy.gif

Welcome to the most FABULOUS club on PC! Here we will discuss all things fashion: clothes, trends, fashion shows, makeup, you name it! All fashions are welcome here.

Interested? Fill out the form below!
Username:
What kinds of fashion do you like?
What interests you in fashion?
Optional: post a picture of yourself in an outfit you like!

★ Members ★
RadEmpoleon
VisionOfMilotic
Sandaphlon
Roni
Flowerchild
Morika
Fairy
Lady Bisharp
ribbits
Eleanor
Starlight
Aslan
Ninetales
_confused_piplup_

Last edited:
Years
Username: Visionofmilotic, but I also respond to Sam <3

What kinds of fashion do you like? My style is romantic and rather bohemian. I like things like flowy peasant skirts or blouses, beaded bags, pretty scarves and hats that might be a little retro with a faux feather perhaps. I wear long jewelry, that's not expensive, but made of natural stones that have symbols, rose quartz, amber, turquoise, amethyst. In general I try to wear clothes that are breathable and comfortable, things like cotton and linen.

I like to shop for clothing from catalogs that are novelty like The Pyramid collection and Victorian Trading Co. Before the pandemic I would go to consignment and antique shops, and sometimes by used clothing that I thought looked interesting.

I went to a very strict private school where uniforms were required. It made me more conscientious of wanting to express myself through the way I dressed, because I wasn't allowed to. Clothes meant freedom to me, and I enjoy getting creative and putting together an ensemble, matching different colors. It's an art form. I also find it interesting to look at the fashion of different cultures of the world.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
Yay first member! Thanks for joining VisionOfMilotic! I suppose I should respond to these questions as well...

I'm interested in j-fashion/harajuku, especially decora kei. I'm lucky enough to have a friend who also loves j-fashion and decora. We've dressed in decora to school twice now and both times it was so fun! I don't have too many brightly colored clothes, which is the main characteristic of decora, but I have to make do with what I have. My staples are my Pikachu hoodie, tie dye Crocs and robot necklace. What interests me in harajuku (other than the cute outfits) is that, despite the vastly different sub-cultures, they all have a common theme of going against Japan's strict fashion laws.

I can't say I've always been too interested in fashion- I probably would've been like "ew fashion is so girly" in the past, but ever since I found harajuku, I've been much more willing to get interested. One thing that harajuku has helped me with is to be confident in myself. It's crazy to think how clothes can give one confidence, but they really can. When I wore decora to school, I felt happy. I ignored other people who might have been judging me or questioning what I was wearing, because I was confident with what I was wearing. Another thing I love about fashion is that it's a powerful way to express yourself. Wearing such an "outlandish" style helps me stand out. I like to wear the Pikachu jacket I mentioned above, and I like to carry around some of my Pokémon plushies, which helps me express my love of Pokémon without directly saying it.

(Sorry I didn't shut up about harajuku... I realize I mentioned it way too much)
(Oh and here are some pictures of me, they ain't the best but it's all I could find)
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Username: Sandalphon
What kinds of fashion do you like? I generally go for a business casual sort of look, given my profession, but I also wear jeans and graphic tees at times.
What interests you in fashion? I'm a plus sized person, so I'm always looking for different types of clothes for my body type & what styles best suit me. It's important to me to have a clean, pleasant appearance.

For me, plus size fashion is important, but I find it's lacking, especially in clothes that actually look nice on a plus size person. Everything is usually just baggy when really, we need more structured and fitted clothes.

Years
joining!

Username:
Roni, and y'all can call me Aaron if you like :3

i've been into minimalism for a couple years now. bare, no-design shirts or sweaters with versatile colors, and then well fitting slim fit jeans or shorts. for footwear i'm a classic sneaker nut and am super into Chuck Taylors. recently i've tried diversifying by adding an Adidas Samba Classic into the mix too. this way when i'm going out, i barely ever have to think about what to wear because i can just pull out anything and they'll match every time.

how people can still look good while not overtly trying to stand out or anything. sleek style without loudness is a nice aesthetic that i try to follow.

sort of a top down view of my usual get-up i guess. a lot of people won't even call this a form of fashion or anything because it's literally just a top with jeans and sneakers lmao, but hey it's comfy af for me and i'm most confident when i'm wearing it.

Spoiler:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
hiii

Username
Flowerchild

I don't really know yet! I really want to try more grunge looks once I can afford more clothes, but I haven't really found a consistent aesthetic I'm happy with yet besides like... oversized sweaters. More shopping needed.

I want to be cute and that is all~ Also I really like shopping generally

Years
Username: Leaf

I really love and into the Minimalistic, Bohemian and Cottagecore fashion. I only really wear nude based colors, light grey and some types of green,not dark though. I own a lot of white clothing or cream color with begie as well. For prints I like some floral but not too much of it and checkered patterns I like too if not too much of it also. I like to support vegan and sustainable companies if I can when finding clothing though it's sorta hard to find or afford since they can be pricey and find my size as well. I would definitely also support charity shops like GoodWill to get my clothes from too ( Thifting I think it's called ) and sometime soon I like to make my own shirts either from crocheting or sewing.

That I can express myself by wearing what I like to show my true authentic self to everyone. Also I'm a very creative person and do arts and crafts a lot, so showing my artistic side as well since stated above I like to make my own clothing sometime or at least a few pieces out of recyclables materials, sustainable or vegan.

Years
What kinds of fabric do you prefer for your clothes?
Cotton I do love wearing though it can shrink easily when washed. However I still like wearing it regardless and I'm more careful when I wash my cotton clothes now than when I was younger.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
You can count me in!

Username: Fairy
What kinds of fashion do you like?: Alternative punk style clothing and super boho dresses! I either like to feel like the grungiest of 90s kids or like I'll actually float away on these fairy wings I have cause I'm so damn whimsical.
What interests you in fashion?: I honestly just have a lot of fun with it! I like the way an outfit can really adjust your mood and set the tone for your day.

What kinds of fabric do you prefer for your clothes?: I've never been particularly picky about clothing material. If it looks good and I'm feeling it, I'll wear it! Pretty much everything except leather.

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast
Years
Username: Lady Bisharp

I don't have a style in particular and it depends on how I'm feeling on that day, but I like 90s fashion (specifically grunge) and dressing informal or alternative in general. I prefer wearing clothes that look big on me (which isn't hard since I'm rather small), like oversized hoodies and shirts, 90s overalls, long dresses and sweaters, etc; but I also wear yoga pants and skinny jeans often. For footwear, I wear Converse or regular sneakers most of the time, but I'm very in love with boots as well, especially black leather ones. Speaking of black leather, I have an obsession with black leather jackets ♡.
So yeah, honestly it's hard to answer because my fashion sense is all over the place.

It's just fun to experiment with my looks, thinking of a new outfit I could wear is usually exciting :)

I need to lose some waist fat, but this is how I went outside today (my hair was still wet in that pic so I cropped it).
Spoiler:

ribbits

ribbit
Years
Username: ribbit (I also happily accept frogboy)

What kinds of fashion do you like? I find it kinda hard to describe my aesthetic but I have a big emphasis on nostalgia. Not in the sense that I am constantly wearing characters and brands from my childhood (although still often enough lol), but in the sense that I try to embrace a whimsical feeling in how I dress. This means I have a whole bunch of graphic shirts, hoodies, pants (the works). I also make a lot of my own clothes. I'm at the point where I'm usually wearing at least one custom made piece a day.

What interests you in fashion? Clothes are a statement and an art piece. How you curate your clothes represents something about you and I think that is really powerful. Fashion equips people with a way to say something about themselves and their ideals without the need for words.

Years
I hope it's okay if I ask a question.

Are there any styles you used to like, but haven't worn in awhile?

As a kid I always thought overalls looked really cute. I was overjoyed when I was taken shopping once, and picked out a pink pair. It was my favorite piece of clothing.

I haven't ever worn anything like that in my adult life, my style's changed and so have the times. Still, I get kicks out of seeing old 90s movies and tv shows wear girls dressed like that, wore lots of denim, maybe a floppy hat or oversized sweat shirt, and thick wavy hair, dangly jewelry, maybe a ponytail and scrunchie. Something that could have come straight out of The Babysitter's Club. To me beauty seemed more natural, obviously folks were wearing makeup, but it still seemed more casual. It was a wholesome era. Something like this would have been my ideal.

Years

Used to be goth, but as I aged I found I had to grow out of it & look more professional.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
Feel free to ask questions! Yeah that's fine.

I don't think there are any styles I've grown out of. I've mostly grown into styles, like boho and j-fashion. I don't wear these often, but I'm very interested in these and would like to wear them more.

Years

i used to only ever want my shorts to be below the knee. growing up i wasn't secure enough yet with my masculinity to allow myself to wear the far superior above-the-knee kind of shorts (the mobility and comfort you get out of these is crazy!). i'm glad things became more socially acceptable overtime and i was able to really sport it in college. lemme just say it's incredible for the gym.

Years
I feel awkward wearing anything above the knee, my legs aren't bad per se, but when I see comments about cellulite I withdraw.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
aaaaa I meant to do this for a while even though I'm absolutely terrible at this, even just to get some ideas and help! So here goes nothing 😇

Eleanor
On me or...? I guess I'll just say fancy, maybe even excessively formal outfits, from both the present and the past! It's definitely not something you'd wear everyday but still, those old clothes from the noble class that you sometimes still see during Carnevale... those are cool! :D
Probably the fact that it all seems to be so far away from me? All my outfits, as good as they are, have started to feel a bit underwhelming and rehashed, sometimes. I keep wearing the same things I've been used to without really finding a style I can call my own and yet, I'm still scared to experiment, getting caught into the usual "what kind of clothes fit me and what don't" thought pattern. Although ngl, I feel like there might be a different issue I have to take care of first!

I saw one of the questions being "which fabric do I like" and... not much I can say about that too because I mostly just wear synthetic stuff, or cotton? Linen for shirts is good in summer but not the most pleasant on the skin, so there's that :)
As for a fashion style I haven't tried in a while... well, there's so much stuff I never really tried! But I'll say your typical suit and tie because even though I like it enough, the occasions to wear those items have been so so few, especially lately!

Back