• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: Making Rom-Hack your worst enemy is yourself

sylingga

Red Everywhere
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
This is my first time making a rom hack concept.
Sorry for my poor English, I use google translate from Indonesian.

[Gameplay Concept]
The concept that I want to make is a game fire red or Red (Gameboy) with the same story and plot, but the enemy you face is yourself.

So the trainer will use the pokemon that are on the route, as well as the Gym leader. The farther you travel, the more Pokemon you can use, as well as the elite four.

For example, Brock Gym does not use ground pokemon because along the route there are no ground pokemon (Geoudude, Onyx).
But for gym mysti, she can uses a ground pokemon because it has passed through the cave, but can't use Starmie because it doesn't exist in the wild.
Or bug catcher can use Chamender, because he got it starter from Oak.

Its like MMO, that you meet "other player", with same pokemon roster.

[Trainer concept]
I was inspired by the rom hack "Pokemon Fire Red - Red Everywhere", where all Overworld uses the Red sprite. When combined with the Pokemon Fusion concept, I want to make enemy trainers using a combined Red + trainer sprite.

For example, Bug Catcher uses the combined red + bug catcher sprite. Red carries a bug net.
Lance, Red is wearing a robe from lance.

But I have not been able to make my own spirit.
Where can I get such merged sprites.

Back