• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

Man Shinylugia, You're really good at tiles... I'm impressed with how many tiles you've created for your game. And they all look superb. Keep up the amazing work :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
That was one of my favorite updates from you! That all looks very good bro keep it up.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Sorry, my comp is laggy.
Very Nice job, as always I'm loving the tiles (who doesnt?) and the remixed music sounds great!!...Ewww...more sewers to crawl through, gross but nice screens ;) Keep it up.
lol, thanks. You can thank megiddo for the music, l have to say I can't see where Ryen would be without all its recruits. They're all talented and have, in a way, involvement in every part of this game.
Man Shinylugia, You're really good at tiles... I'm impressed with how many tiles you've created for your game. And they all look superb. Keep up the amazing work :P
Thanks, I actually wasn't great at spriting tiles justa while ago but then when platinum came out I had the idea of spriting platinum into fr/lg. I reviewed fr/lg tiles and discovered that they have some similarities like the dark blue outline. I learned how to shading works and other things so now I can scratch sprite basically anything in fr/lg style.
Sewers?
Did you and Atomic_reactor call each other? =)
Your tiles are awesome.
Good job.
Thanks! About the sewers, I actually wasn't aware that Atomic_reactor was using sewers until yesterday. I haven't been around Pc that much so I haven't been keeping up with everyone's updates.
That was one of my favorite updates from you! That all looks very good bro keep it up.
Yeah Thanks, this might be the biggest update i've had.
0.0 Wow, man. Those tiles are beautiful, seriously... Anyway, can't wait for the next update.
Thanks, the next update will be soon. Maybe next weekend or I might mini-update on sunday.
OKAY!!!!! its very great but when can we exectle download this game????
There is a pre-beta out but its very old (almost a year). Just wait, a demo will be out before the end of the summer.

Atomic Reactor

You and I had both announced that we would have sewers a few months back. It's pretty cool lol. I think it's funny how we presented them within the same few days :]
Yours will no doubt look better than mine though. You're far better at tiling than I am :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Nice sig brother! Whens the next update? cant get enough of ryen's beauty!!!!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Name: Andinator
Position: Spriter
E-mail: [email protected]
Proof of work:
kangaroopokemon.png

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
Years
hi just wanted to say how amazing this looks just wanna ask a few things

will there be an egg in the game?
can you show as another fakemon's in the next update?
when will the new beta released?
do you need some1 to be a beta tester? :)

thanks

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
You and I had both announced that we would have sewers a few months back. It's pretty cool lol. I think it's funny how we presented them within the same few days :]
Yours will no doubt look better than mine though. You're far better at tiling than I am :P
Yeah but yours seems so original. I'm really stuck on how to make the sewers fit in to Ryen. And thanks but your awsome at spriting too. I've seen your tiles/sprites!

Nice sig brother! Whens the next update? cant get enough of ryen's beauty!!!!
Lol thanks! The next update is... now!

Name: Andinator
Position: Spriter
E-mail: [email protected]
Proof of work:
kangaroopokemon.png
You really should have sent me a pm :\, well check your profile.

hi just wanted to say how amazing this looks just wanna ask a few things

will there be an egg in the game?
can you show as another fakemon's in the next update?
when will the new beta released?
do you need some1 to be a beta tester? :)

thanks
Yes there will be eggs and I'm sorry but no fakemon for the mean time. The next demo will be released soon but please don't ask for release dates. I've already got some friends doing the beta testing so again sorry no.

Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

Just some revamped stuff.:
I've been really busy lately so I haven't been able to do so many things. At the time I've been doing some eventing and revamping sometiles:
1: Pokemon Ryen Towns
2:HGSS tiles
3:Video
4:Closing
So, let's get started!

Pokemon Ryen Town and Cities!:
Ok so I've made a few new tiles for Ryen. That includes a new Pokemon center, a new car and some new signs. The gym was done by Ryen's tile artist 44tim44! You'll also see a much open Gullport city and new indoor tiles!

1:Citric Beach

capture407.png

capture415.png

capture404.png

2:Ryen Capital Park/Ferry

capture405.png

capture406.png

3:Veraville City

capture399.png

capture400.png

capture401b.png

capture402.png

4:Rising City

capture410.png

capture411.png

capture412.png

capture413.png

5:Gullport City

capture408.png

capture409b.png

6: Pallet Town!

capture414.png

HGSS Tiles.:
The project is still on. To check my process just visit my thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180894

Here's on the latest things I have done, the player's home:
goldhomehgss.png

*Tiles not public*

Video!:
This video is showing how Pallet Town will look like in Ryen. All of the Kanto maps will be based off the anime.

Closing.:
Ok so I've updated the first post with new screens. I've been wondering what the demo should contain though. I need everyone's opinion. So please tell me if you think the demo should contain 3 or 4 gyms.

Oh and please comment on weather you like the new battle graphics:

capture006.png

Till next Time!

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Pokemon Ryen is without a doubt one of the most graphically well done games around! Very nice tiles, and you're always updating them! Your mapping is top-notch as well, if I do say so myself~

The HGSS tiles are very nice and sleek, and I'm loving the screenshots of the locations! :3 My only complaint would be the car tiles; they seem randomly placed throughout the cities, they're larger than the pathways (They'd need a road to drive on), and they seem like they would be a bit too big for the OWs to fit in. Maybe if you made them smaller?

Oh and I just noticed your Team Galactic FR/LG OWs. VERY CUUUTE <3 I am a sucker for FR/LG styled OWs loool.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2011
I love your tiles!! You are doing an excelent work. I don´t like the FR minis, but if you like them...

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Love the tiles.
I like the new battle graphics.
But, please tell us that you are not going to include all of kanto.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I have to say (don't want to sound like a n00b) I worship your tiles and maps :D They are just too good. As for the battle graphics, they look awsome. :D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Pokemon Ryen is without a doubt one of the most graphically well done games around! Very nice tiles, and you're always updating them! Your mapping is top-notch as well, if I do say so myself~

I second that statement. Really great looking game without a doubt!
Good job on both the map work (which is what all RMXP maps should feel like) and excellent tiles.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
How the Hell did I miss this?
Anywho, i agree with Krimm and Neo.
As I run through only a few games in my mind this may be the most beautiful game around here. Cant really think of all the games but yea thats saying something aswell.
Pallet looks great dude keep it up.
....Also why does no one post here? but the same people?

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
stares at yet another marvoulous update: you did a great job the new tiles you've made all the maps on the screenshots look incredible, and as for pallet town, i simply love it. It was always to small for me to play on in fr/lg but if you went by the true anime like CA is doing, the maps would be to ginormous for any one player. I think you captured just the right size of pallet town dude!

great job and can't wait to see more from Ryen

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Ahhhh...The tiles and maps are really soothing to my eyes. You did a very good job on this update, and I'm mostly loving the Battle system graphics that you've put up. the look of the textbox is what got me the most. I love how the colors match and everything. Some of the most simple things can be the best ;) Great job.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016

The HGSS tiles are very nice and sleek, and I'm loving the screenshots of the locations! :3 My only complaint would be the car tiles; they seem randomly placed throughout the cities, they're larger than the pathways (They'd need a road to drive on), and they seem like they would be a bit too big for the OWs to fit in. Maybe if you made them smaller?

Oh and I just noticed your Team Galactic FR/LG OWs. VERY CUUUTE <3 I am a sucker for FR/LG styled OWs loool.

lol thanks! I've been trying to improve my mapping (It was too crowded) so I'm glad i'm getting some results. The cars are more of a decorative thing though and some of the cars have items inside of them. They would serve more like an obstacle if I placed them on a road. So for now they're parked.

I love your tiles!! You are doing an excelent work. I don´t like the FR minis, but if you like them...

Thanks. I might redo the grunt ow's but the i'm keeping the saturn ow.

Love the tiles.
I like the new battle graphics.
But, please tell us that you are not going to include all of kanto.
I guess i'll use the battle graphics then! Why not all of Kanto? It'll happen right after the main storyline of Ryen.

I have to say (don't want to sound like a n00b) I worship your tiles and maps :D They are just too good. As for the battle graphics, they look awsome. :D

Glad to hear you like them!

I second that statement. Really great looking game without a doubt!
Good job on both the map work (which is what all RMXP maps should feel like) and excellent tiles.
Thank you. Nice to hear you like the tiles an maps!

How the Hell did I miss this?
Anywho, i agree with Krimm and Neo.
As I run through only a few games in my mind this may be the most beautiful game around here. Cant really think of all the games but yea thats saying something aswell.
Pallet looks great dude keep it up.
....Also why does no one post here? but the same people?

Thanks OI. And it's not about posts, I just want to know what i need to improve on.

stares at yet another marvoulous update: you did a great job the new tiles you've made all the maps on the screenshots look incredible, and as for pallet town, i simply love it. It was always to small for me to play on in fr/lg but if you went by the true anime like CA is doing, the maps would be to ginormous for any one player. I think you captured just the right size of pallet town dude!

great job and can't wait to see more from Ryen
Yeah I'm not really a fan of huge open maps. I always consider what the player will see when playing the game not on how the map look like as one single piece.

Ahhhh...The tiles and maps are really soothing to my eyes. You did a very good job on this update, and I'm mostly loving the Battle system graphics that you've put up. the look of the textbox is what got me the most. I love how the colors match and everything. Some of the most simple things can be the best ;) Great job.

Thanks. I actually made the graphics before any clear pics of them were released so I'm glad you like them.

Mini-Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

Something I missed:
I actually meant to mention this last update but it completely slipped my mind. Pokemon Ryen has a few more positions to fill. The first would be a Move animator. I need someone to make animations for all pokemon moves (I have no skill at making animations). They should be made in rpg maker xp using sprites from here:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy_advance/pokefrlg/sheet/3860
or custom sprites. They can't be pixelated or be default animations from rpg maker xp.
The second job would be a scripter. I need someone who is familiar with RGSS to script out things such as a custom summary screen or minigames. Now here's Ryen's new menu system which venom 12 kindly volunteered to script out. So credit goes to him for the script!

Pokemon Ryen's new Menu system!:
Here's Pokemon Ryen's new menu system. Credit to venom 12 for the script.

capture416.png

There are still a few things to work out but it works fine at the moment.
Any suggestions?

Closing.:
Now that was short, which is why this followed so shortly after the last update. Hopefully the positions mentioned before will be filled before the release of the demo. so...

Till next Time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back